PDA

View Full Version : CRX Seat Rail Lowering

SINISTR
24-08-2006, 05:33 PM
hey all,

Wandering is anyone has lowered their driver seat either on stock rails + modifications or aftermarket rails?

How did you do it? and if aftermarket rails - where? how much?

thanks

Mike

mr crex
24-08-2006, 11:04 PM
vision make super low rails for most models, I am pretty sure they make rails to fit the crx, I am just not sure of what seats they make them for.

speak to JDMYard, thats who I got my vision superlow rails for the typeR from :)

i_own_you
24-08-2006, 11:22 PM
and here i thought the stock height is pretty low already compared to other cars.

newmski
25-08-2006, 12:17 AM
haha its funny seeing guys sitting on super low rails, look like little kids driving a car

imashy14u
25-08-2006, 11:03 AM
i had del sol seats in my ek civic and they were heaps low. my wife needed a pillow just so she can see over the dash...hehehe

maybe you can try using civic rails.

sivic
25-08-2006, 01:09 PM
crx uses the same rails as the ED/EF
Mike - you may have some issues finding aftermarket rails to fit the stock seats. if you get an aftermarket seat, i'd recommend BRIDE rails as they do a massive variety for heaps of brands of seats and lots of different cars. awesome quality as well.

SINISTR
25-08-2006, 01:24 PM
yeah - thanks guys.

I might hvae to look into an aftermarket seat after all.

I'll try and set it up so I can swap the seat and rails between two cars easily.
Its just a matter of finding a seat I can afford atm.

incoming
25-08-2006, 01:41 PM
not sure if EG rails can fit EF
but i know for a fact that EG hatch rails are lower then EG sedan rails

simbadda54
25-08-2006, 03:17 PM
How many kw gain do u get from seat lowering?

SINISTR
25-08-2006, 03:25 PM

... mmm.. maybe 2kw!?

but i say it depends how much your airfilter farts and how big the exhaust can is on your car...

come one man... ask a stupid question get a stupid answer!

VT3C
25-08-2006, 04:15 PM

erm before you start with the ricer comments, Mike needs seat rails because when he uses his honda for MOTORSPORT ACTIVITIES and is compulsory to wear a helmet, his head hits the roof with the helmet on.. this is very uncomfortable and impractical especially for auto-X events.. he's not looking for rails just to be HEKTIC !!

whoever suggested EG rails was a good idea !! when i swapped my EG5 seats with EK4 the EK4 rails put the seats MUCH higher than the EG5 so that my head without a helmet hit the roof :( maybe try out caz's seats and see as Del-Sol rails same as EG

SINISTR
25-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Cheers for the explanation Bede!! :) - that is correct, especially RH turns when the head automatically leans to the right the helmet hits the roof. Its easy on the drag strip, doesn't effect me as much but racing does.

I might check it out - maybe gen3 seats are lower and would sit lower in a gen2. Otherwise as I said i'll invest in a seat and make rails for both gen1 and gen2.

cheers for the comments guys!

heist
25-08-2006, 06:28 PM
so do EF rails fit ED9 crx?

i_own_you
26-08-2006, 02:41 AM
so do EF rails fit ED9 crx?

according to this but not entirely sure.

crx uses the same rails as the ED/EF