PDA

View Full Version : What will you choose?

Mugenwing
18-05-2004, 01:29 AM
HI, everyone, I'm new to here, nice to meet you all

If you got a VTI-R with 200,000km, what will you choose as following?

1, Rebuild the whole engine
2, Replace the Type-R enigne
3, Keep drive until the engine down

Thanks

kiddoDC2
18-05-2004, 04:39 AM
personally i would go type R engine
how much does a rebuilt ususally cost anwayys?

the prob with type R with install is that its usually better to sell the car and get a new engine

weezer
18-05-2004, 08:52 AM
i'd rebuild it. The money you spend on a Type R motor. You'll get more power out of the B18C

type one
18-05-2004, 10:20 AM
how about a b20 block?? is that included in the re-build??

VTEC16
18-05-2004, 10:29 AM
whats your budget?

XXpl0Sive
18-05-2004, 11:31 AM
i'd rebuild it. The money you spend on a Type R motor. You'll get more power out of the B18C
It's already a B18C :shock:

fried
18-05-2004, 12:07 PM
rebuilds are anywhere between 1500 at hannys? to 4000 at somewhere like advan.

just depends on what is done, and how much care is taken, and detail.

so really its up to you where u want to put ur money into?

the way i see it, the type r engine, i mean is bigger etc, higher revving slightly, different comp (<--- ???) ratio, and all these little things, BUT its only like 12-15 kws more than the vtir engine. the reason the actual car is faster etc than the vtir is in its weight, sussy etc. but if ur just changing engine... ur only getting a bit better performance into ur vtir.... would that be fair to say? or absolutely ignorant?!?!?!

i mean unless u change the full zorst, and brakes, and lsd?..., and weight reduction etc..... i dunno.. then ur spending more money again?

what do u guys think? are these naive comments?

i guess im just trying to say, that the type r isnt JUST a b18c7, its the whole package.

XXpl0Sive
18-05-2004, 12:08 PM
I thought the C7 was the exact same size as C3

Chi
18-05-2004, 12:10 PM
just keep driving ur current engien till it dies, then chagne the engine or rebuild it.

ITs going to be hard to sell with 200000+ kms so u might as well use it .

fried
18-05-2004, 12:17 PM
vtir is c2, and itr is c7.... i think... but thats beside the point....

when i said bigger... i meant puts out more power....... not so much thelitre size.. they both 1.8 .

Mugenwing
18-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Thanks all you guys' fast reply

So I may looking at about $1500-$4000 to rebuild the B18c, right?
Any place can be trust to do this work at Brisbane?
And how long can B18C lasting? 300,000 km?

Thanks

skoota
18-05-2004, 01:50 PM
B18C can last forever as long as you look after it. Although this shouldn't be all that important to you now, you will find it pretty hard to sell your Integra at a good price with 200k km's on the clock. Someone will buy it but for cheap. What a situation...

Chi is right - you'll also find it damn hard to sell your engine with 200k km's. I wouldn't do anything until it is required unless you got the $$$. My 2c but I ain't the best person to listen to. :(

type one
18-05-2004, 01:58 PM
rebuilds are anywhere between 1500 at hannys? to 4000 at somewhere like advan.

just depends on what is done, and how much care is taken, and detail.

so really its up to you where u want to put ur money into?

the way i see it, the type r engine, i mean is bigger etc, higher revving slightly, different comp (<--- ???) ratio, and all these little things, BUT its only like 12-15 kws more than the vtir engine. the reason the actual car is faster etc than the vtir is in its weight, sussy etc. but if ur just changing engine... ur only getting a bit better performance into ur vtir.... would that be fair to say? or absolutely ignorant?!?!?!

i mean unless u change the full zorst, and brakes, and lsd?..., and weight reduction etc..... i dunno.. then ur spending more money again?

what do u guys think? are these naive comments?

i guess im just trying to say, that the type r isnt JUST a b18c7, its the whole package.

yup you got it FRIED...

having said that it might be fun to re-build the cureent engine... be awesome to build from the bottom up and get more power out of it than factory :) make it bulletproof... :)

Jus-10
18-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Either keep it as it is and drive it in to the ground until it breaks, or sell the car and buy a genuine dc2r and have a much improved platform to start building on...

Also, can you tell us what results you are trying to achieve as this may help to get more informed/detailed responses.

euGeR
18-05-2004, 03:58 PM
(all cost are estimated and may not be accurate but just used as a guideline)
-----------------
budget under 3k
re-build - for every day driving

budget under 7k
rebuild with some modified parts

budget under 9k
B18C7 transplant (gearbox is better than VTiR) + LSD

Budget 12k and above
Toda Crate engine - modified purpose built engine.

Depends what you're end goal is(as everyone will mention).

Right now, In my opinion, IF I were to modify my engine,
my plan would have been to use:
Toda C's
Toda Pistons
Motec M4

The cost of resleeving + parts + labour is approximately the same (estimated - of course you can get quotes but are corners cut?) as the Toda Crate engine. So, I would order a toda Crate engine rather doing it in parts. The Toda crate engine would be a much better balanced/reliable engine IMHO that is built for my purpose. It's a go hard or go home attitude for me ;)

A'PEXi
18-05-2004, 04:23 PM
what is involved in a re-build?

say for "re-build - for every day driving"

Mugenwing
18-05-2004, 04:39 PM
In what situation the engine needs to rebuild?

euGeR
18-05-2004, 04:59 PM
what is involved in a re-build?

say for "re-build - for every day driving"

http://www.mondellotwister.com/RebuildYourFirstEngine.pdf

rebuild for daily driving. ie. stock no power mods
all you want to do is get from A to B reliably :D