PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Find My Civic

sydney_walker
27-08-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm looking for a 2001-3 7th gen civic right now.

which one is better ?? the hatch Vi or the sedan Gli ?

actually I still prefer sedan because the boot kinda safer. but the Vi got a bit more power (and it's a VTEC and the interior is a bit bigger i think)

and one more question. how much it cost to do the 100k major service ??

edit: just check out a Gli sedan odo 40k, I heard some squeaky noise from the right suspension on uphill... anyone know what it is ?? my friend suggest it might be the brake pad wearing out

Jazzle
28-08-2006, 12:59 AM
go vi.. made in japan, but depending on ur budget... gli will be cheaper

[[d a n n y]]
28-08-2006, 01:11 AM
id say hatch mate
they look better i recon

rhk
28-08-2006, 03:37 AM
i had the 05 gli before purchasing the 06 vti and to be honest i bought it over the vi because of:

a) looks better
b) is quicker (i know its non vtec but there is only 8 kw difference and the vi is a much heavier car)
c) prefered the "normal" shifter position (even though i have to say that you do get used to the vi pretty quickly)
d) the interior of the vi just looks out of wack because the centre section is just not there lol
e) boot space is much more smaller
f) for a hatch (even thought it is a 5 door) the vi is too big

but at the end of the day its up to personal preference.
there is a really nice black vi driving around perth atm with numberplates HI7AM i think and watching that drive by did make me want to trade my gli in got a vi but yeah.

sydney_walker
28-08-2006, 09:34 AM
go vi.. made in japan, but depending on ur budget... gli will be cheaper

AFAIK both Gli and Vi are made in jap (at least the info from carsguide says so)

well, i already tried Vi manual and Gli auto and I think I prefer the Gli for driving
the steering is more heavily weighted and IMO less body roll
it's not exactly ball of fire for sure. need a bit more power
the road noise is pretty ok, just normal honda tire noise

the only thing that keeps me from buying the gli is the squeaky thing on the back seat (or suspension / or brake pads) i can hear it on the uphill when the back of the car pushed down to the road when accelerating
this week i planned to go to honda dealer to check the noise, but if any of you can give me any clue. that will be better

barefootbonzai
28-08-2006, 10:19 AM
any civic 2000+ is build more for confort and luxury. So just pick the car you prefer as most have said, don't worry about the performance side of things cause they all will be slow.

IAMVTEC
28-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Get the sedan, the hatch looks crap unless if its a type-R.

An41
28-08-2006, 09:08 PM
We own a 2004 GLI which is my dad's and I own the EG, I like the look of the sedan looks more luxury on the outside, Its really comfortable to drive and really spacious inside aswell. It's a simple car there no new fancy gadgets.

When I switch from driving the EG to driving my dads 04,it feels really nice with the steering, ABS and just a smooth ride all round. I've experienced the sqeeky brakes but that just went away.

sydney_walker
31-08-2006, 01:14 PM
I checked out a few other civics this week.
mostly Gli sedan and an EK1.

can anyone give me an approx price on 40k service for Gli & 100k service for EK1 ??

Limbo
31-08-2006, 01:39 PM
100k service will be expensive as that requires timing belt change so add about $300 extra on top of the 40k service

cuongn
05-09-2006, 07:14 AM
i've got a civic coupe vtir if u want to have a look. pm or add me to msn