PDA

View Full Version : lowering dc2rs

homeo87
27-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi guys,
Im thinking about lowering my dc2r.. I just want to know what its like driving it lowered.. is there a big difference having it an inch lower? I just really hate scraping my car.

nipnip
27-08-2006, 03:57 PM
coilovers or just springs? whats your budget?

homeo87
27-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Most likely springs.. cos coilovers cost too much

nipnip
27-08-2006, 04:09 PM
i got kg/mm dr super street springs from jdmyard. lowers by an inch. feels OEM slightly stiffer so i'm happy, and it doesn't sag either

spoon progressive springs $500 thereabouts, lowers by an inch

i'd snap these up, kg/mm DR-Racing lowered springs from this thread, only they are 2 inch lower, only $250 though, bargain
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46544&highlight=kg%2Fmm+springs

please dont get king springs or something along those lines, drove a mates dc2r though he had jumboz springs, i almost cried

TECBOY
27-08-2006, 05:20 PM
please save more and get coilovers

Astro
27-08-2006, 05:48 PM
so the kg/mm dr's springs are made to suit the stock dc2r shocks aye?

so it shouldnt wear out the shocks any quicker, and it should feel like a shit ride..

nipnip
27-08-2006, 11:47 PM
so the kg/mm dr's springs are made to suit the stock dc2r shocks aye?

so it shouldnt wear out the shocks any quicker, and it should feel like a shit ride..

just cause your getting buddyclub coilovers.... bastard! :p

homeo87
28-08-2006, 01:30 AM
Teins coilovers are like 2k ay?
I was gonna get king springs but luckily you'z say its that crap..I guess i mite save up more for the coilovers then

_CiVIC_
28-08-2006, 10:40 AM
go BuddyClub coilovers dude!!! N+ Spec Damper FTWWWWWW :thumbsup:

THE_MASS
28-08-2006, 10:18 PM
i think wait a little, save up and get some coilovers...pplease..
theres nothing better then driving a mad car with coilovers on them..
coil overs are an invetment and they will be some much better then just lowered springs. i had lowered spring on my car and thought it was good, but when i got coilvers i noticed the difference imensely!:D:D
best thing to do is wait and save...
thats my 2cents anyway. up to you:)

string
28-08-2006, 10:33 PM
With the sponsor specials over on honda-tech, you could probably pick-up a set of Koni-Ground Controls for around $1400-$1500 delivered, that's assuming you're as lucky as I am with customs :D

stanleym
30-08-2006, 08:57 PM
wat are the overall advantages with coilovers though...... sitck more to the road when cornering?? and such ??? please help

Dulcinea
30-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Teins coilovers are like 2k ay?
I was gonna get king springs but luckily you'z say its that crap..I guess i mite save up more for the coilovers then

damn, saving is pretty difficult when you're a student. what you studying? i had been saving for about 3 years to buy my car and ive still got some money left over to mod it a little bit. :thumbsup: nice choice in car btw, got any pics?

Mr_Dc2aRgh
03-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Im about to get an aftermarket full exhaust on my dc2r and the car has a 2.5" drop.. well around there.. I know its gonna scrape like crazy having it this lowered so i'm gonna raise the car.. If I get the car raised on 1.5" with the aftermarket exhaust will i be able to make it pass all those speed humps and driveways without scraping?

Zilli
03-04-2007, 06:35 PM
as a dc2r owner who got kings low/super lows.... i have to say, save a bit longer, OR if you just after springs get a japanese brand

theres nothing really wrong with kings to be honest, remember im not talking out of my arse, ive had them for 3 years, the biggest issue i find it that they are a little sloppy on initial turn in. Its not a HUGE issue, but it is noticeable if you're a keen driver, so i noticed as soon as i got them. I got Falken Azenis so they do stick pretty good, so i think they really cover up for the slop, but even then the tyres balloon a little too much so i lose a bit of response there too.

Overall, if you want your car to look lowered, and dont want to wear a kidney belt when you drive then get the kings, but if you appreciate your car, take my advice and dont get the springs

the only reason why i dont change mine is because im lucky to put 20kms on my car a week, and i cant justify spending the money at this stage

typ[r]
04-04-2007, 01:55 AM
nice !!

arron
04-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Keep it stock me thinks...

The dynamics of the ITR is pretty well the best match for each suspension component... I would only really touch suspension if i had a really good idea what I was doing..

Sure lowering it may lower the centre of mass yet you still have to consider the side-effects this may have on the shocks...

[[d a n n y]]
04-04-2007, 02:29 AM

The dynamics of the ITR is pretty well the best match for each suspension component... I would only really touch suspension if i had a really good idea what I was doing..

Sure lowering it may lower the centre of mass yet you still have to consider the side-effects this may have on the shocks...

best thing u said all day mate
rep point for u

TheSaint
04-04-2007, 01:42 PM
good suspension also makes ur tyres last longer, less wear, and are more stable/safer to have

i was looking at putting Tein Flex coilovers on my dc2, now i think i might just get Super Street

gelo
04-04-2007, 02:19 PM

people underestimate the potential of stock type R suspension
if you are looking at performance gains
learn to drive
if u want the lowered look
well thats different

the design of the type R is to be a overall very balanced car
its a single package
changing 1 thing will mean compromise on others

wlan-11g
04-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Springs alone is one thing. But what about a set of lowered springs coupled with uprated shocks? e.g. Koni Shocks with King springs?

TheSaint
05-04-2007, 12:00 AM
wen installing tein ss does the car lower?

or will only flex do this?

gelo
05-04-2007, 12:37 AM
both are height adjustable coilovers

TheSaint
05-04-2007, 12:55 AM
the diff between them still confuses me

as far as i know flex is a little stiffer and can go a little lower?

SS are more comfortable for street driving and dont go quite as low?

gelo
05-04-2007, 02:15 AM
just from memory, the ss have relatively softer spring rate
flex has more height and damping adjustablity and stiffer spring rates