PDA

View Full Version : 06' accord awesome contest.

kayot1k
27-08-2006, 04:59 PM
last night, me and a few mates at this point will remain nameless had our ocassional cruise to a very common place in which people will go to test out their cornering/handling ability of their vehicles, this place which should also remain nameless has some very hectik sweeping corners .

my vehicle which is far from stock in regards to its suspension/handling could not shake this stock 06' accord off my tail. after last night i have grown a new found love for the new generation accords. Honda has done well in engineering such a car.
even in its stock form it handles awesome.

i found that my tyres played a major role this particular scenario but nevertheless. thumbs up to the honda accords !!!!

feel free to leave any thoughts or comments. :thumbsup:

edit, by the way i own a ek4

phantom_civic
27-08-2006, 05:07 PM
off topic here , is ur EK4 green with the plates KY0-71C or sumfin??

I think my friend went to that cruise aswell, he drives a silver DC5R.

destrukshn
27-08-2006, 05:46 PM
maybe.. just maybe, you weren't that good of a driver! lol, jokes dude. lol.

quite suprising, becuase it seems like a big heavy car

yfin
27-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Which accord are you talking about. We have a stupid situation in Australia with:

Accord 2.4
Accord V6
Accord EuroAll 3 handle differently.

jamchen
27-08-2006, 08:03 PM
euro > v6 > L4 ( in terms of handlings)
maybe he is referring back to the US spec accord... as he said he could get the accord off his A$$ lol.. it must be the v6 one with 176KW output...lol

but no doubt that euro handles the best out of these three..lol

Alpine
27-08-2006, 09:03 PM
it must be the v6 one with 176KW output...lol

Make it 177kw.

yfin
27-08-2006, 09:14 PM
euro > v6 > L4 ( in terms of handlings)
I actually would have put the L4 in front of the V6. They both appear to have the same double wishbone suspension set up. The V6 with more weight over the front wheels is not going to help handling plus is weighs 75g more overall.

kayot1k
28-08-2006, 01:21 AM
actually it was the 2.4l one. i think thats the 4 cylinder model ?
also no my plates arent KY0-71C.

well after discussing this with a mate, the accord driver had told me he utilised both the 3rd plus 4th gears for the turns. wheras i only used 4th gear as i felt it was more than enough. now my mate has assured me if i was to use 3rd gear more often i woulda've been more dominant...
i dunno cus, using 4th gear during the whole course/route i was sitting at around 5,000rpm - 5,500rpm and would go as far as around 6,500rpm during bends.

jamchen
28-08-2006, 08:30 PM
um... ain't those big accords only come with auto tranny? if so, how'd be possible to utilised both 3rd and 4th gear? especially that both 4th and 5th gear are all set in D gear.....
lol maybe the 2.4l one is 4 speed tranny... but i am pretty sur ethey are 5 speed right?

kayot1k
30-08-2006, 06:20 PM
oh yeh, i asked my mate the accord in question is the accord euro 06'.
i dunno why but i kept thinkin he had a base model accord, but infact it was the base model euro.
i thought there was a base model accord with the same shape as the euro just not badged as the euro.
and the actual euro with the lipz etc....

heheh, my bad... i guess people were wondering how the ACCORD the big ugly shape one could keep up lol.

so yeh to clear things up it was the 2.4l 6 speed accord euro
but still accord euro:thumbsup: :thumbsup: