PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket HID kit

TypeG
28-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Anyone got a set of aftermarket HID kit for their Euro Base model? Are they small enough to fit the bulb into the hole without enlarge the original hole? If yes, can I have the brands of the kit? I know some HID kit has slightly larger bulbs which cant be fit into the hole straight.

Thx

Atjo
28-08-2006, 02:23 PM
My friends always use eagle eye HID kit for their euros and they are reliable HID kits. The problem is not many places selling eagle-eye. You need to order it from overseas. I think one of my friend can import it or you can try www.plasmagarage.com (http://www.plasmagarage.com).

clowdz
28-08-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm also interested in finding out if any physical mods (i.e. drilling or what not) are required inorder to fit these HID Kits as I noticed there is not much space in the headlight assembly area (where the bulb sits)..to put the ballast etc..

TypeG
28-08-2006, 09:28 PM
some does and some doesnt and that's why I am asking here

KUCING
29-08-2006, 01:34 AM
I use Eagle Eye kit mentioned by Atjo. It's a good quality one.. the lights are Phillips' and the Ballasts are Hella's.

you just need to make a hole on the back cap of the headlamp...it's easy install...took about 30 mins. the ballasts sit outside..on the side parts of engine bay...
sorry I'm not currently in OZ so I can't take pics of the installment

LSD GD3
29-08-2006, 02:46 AM
Anyone got a set of aftermarket HID kit for their Euro Base model? Are they small enough to fit the bulb into the hole without enlarge the original hole? If yes, can I have the brands of the kit? I know some HID kit has slightly larger bulbs which cant be fit into the hole straight.

Thx

Most hid can fit just need to do a small modify
i have install on alot of it ... most H1 & H 7 size need to modify
just need a mini needle metal file to make the hole a little bigger... don't be too worry about the shavings can't see from the projector globe
Can get it at most hardwear shop... but alot cheaper at some $2 hardwear shops
http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/brandsonsale/NeedleFileSet10Piecede.jpg

LSD GD3
29-08-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm also interested in finding out if any physical mods (i.e. drilling or what not) are required inorder to fit these HID Kits as I noticed there is not much space in the headlight assembly area (where the bulb sits)..to put the ballast etc..

Most bulbs can fit but very very close so is better to do a little modify

there is alot of diffrent place to put the Ballast... most i install i put right under the lightunit. just make sure you hold it inplace (with cable ties or screws)

^__^ SM ^__^
29-08-2006, 06:17 AM
I am too considering HID. I am not sure what hole you guys are making bigger. After the mod, can I still go back to stock halogen? Or will the hole be too big now.

Atjo
29-08-2006, 07:26 AM
http://plasmagarage.com/installationtutorialAccord.html

This is the tutorial for the HID installation on US accord so it shouldn't be much different with euro & they also have the pictures where to put the ballast. They said that their eagle eye HID kit is plug & play wiring. This the picture when i upgrade my OEM HID bulb to 8000K.

http://plasmagarage.com/images/EuroAccord2004TL8000KD2S.jpg

TypeG
29-08-2006, 08:25 AM
thx atjo as i am going to get 8000k but it seems like it is too blue for me......

my_vtec77
29-08-2006, 08:41 AM
In some thread, they said aftermarket HIDs are illegal for our standard euros coz we dont have headlight washer. But lots of people use HID without washer anyway. 8000k is too bluish so Men In Blue might pull u over and check ur car. I think 6000k is better option for us.

Atjo
29-08-2006, 09:59 AM
So far police never pulled me over even i was behind them. If you don't too blue you can go with 6000K or 7000K. Look at the photo album on www.plasmagarage.com (http://www.plasmagarage.com) they have some pictures of their customer using 6000K & 7000K.

aka_NSX
29-08-2006, 10:25 AM
i never had any problem with the M-TEC one, we have been installing so many on EURO already

TypeG
29-08-2006, 02:38 PM
thx atjo
i have tried Mtec twice, i dun feel it is good somehow

stephen8512
29-08-2006, 04:05 PM
have any of u heard of BELLOF hid's? my friend has them on his R33.
apparently theyre very good aftermarket HID's...

TypeG
29-08-2006, 04:41 PM
i know quite a few brands which are very good
but i want one which will fit without mod

aka_NSX
29-08-2006, 05:29 PM
BellOf i can guarantee fit 100% without any mods, coz i've BellOf H1 in my NSX fit 100% and it should be the same as Euro one

clowdz
29-08-2006, 05:35 PM
I've done some research since I last posted and I believe all Euros (Sports / Standard) will need to be physically modified inorder to install the new wiring harness. The good news is, the only part that needs to be 'modified' is the circular cover that's used to seal the headlight assembly from dust and moisture, the one you have to take off inorder to change the main headlight bulbs. All that's required (for the majority of PnP HID Kits) is to make a hole large enough on the circular cover for the new wiring harness to fit through.. The only problem is I'm not sure if Honda sell these circular covers as spare parts, can anyone verify if this is so? If these are readily available as spare parts then all we have to do to reverse the mod is to replace the circular cover with a new one and everything should be as good as new.

TypeG
29-08-2006, 05:35 PM
lol
thx aka_nsx.... so how much does bellof cost and where it is made

TypeG
29-08-2006, 05:37 PM
I've done some research since I last posted and I believe all Euros (Sports / Standard) will need to be physically modified inorder to install the new wiring harness. The good news is, the only part that needs to be 'modified' is the circular cover that's used to seal the headlight assembly from dust and moisture, the one you have to take off inorder to change the main headlight bulbs. All that's required (for the majority of PnP HID Kits) is to make a hole large enough on the circular cover for the new wiring harness to fit through.. The only problem is I'm not sure if Honda sell these circular covers as spare parts, can anyone verify if this is so? If these are readily available as spare parts then all we have to do to reverse the mod is to replace the circular cover with a new one and everything should be as good as new.

no, some kit with a smaller HID bulb will not require any mod at all as some people here already confirmed and I am just searching for some prices on those kits

stephen8512
29-08-2006, 05:53 PM
from waht ive heard, bellof HID's are top quality HID's made in europe.

clowdz
29-08-2006, 06:11 PM
no, some kit with a smaller HID bulb will not require any mod at all as some people here already confirmed and I am just searching for some prices on those kits

I don't believe the size of the bulb is the problem. It's the fact that the wiring harness needs to go inside that space.. and then you have the problem of the Ballast itself. If you could fit the ballast + Wiring Harness inside that space (i.e. inside the circular cover area), then it would definitely work.. Otherwise if you intend to keep the Ballast outside you will need to modify, it's the same for all H1 Bulbs that have a sealed compartment like the Euro does. Those who have experience installing HID's in their standard Euros please correct me if I'm wrong..

aka_NSX
29-08-2006, 06:31 PM
clowdz[/B]]I don't believe the size of the bulb is the problem. It's the fact that the wiring harness needs to go inside that space.. and then you have the problem of the Ballast itself. If you could fit the ballast + Wiring Harness inside that space (i.e. inside the circular cover area), then it would definitely work.. Otherwise if you intend to keep the Ballast outside you will need to modify, it's the same for all H1 Bulbs that have a sealed compartment like the Euro does. Those who have experience installing HID's in their standard Euros please correct me if I'm wrong..

yes you need to mod the lid cover of the back of the Headlight but u can always buy it from honda for around $20 when u sell the car but u can just cover the hole with silicone and duct tape both side, but he is worry about the size of the bulb coz some of them the bulb is quite thick so wont fit through............

TypeG
29-08-2006, 06:31 PM
sorry, i forgot u will need to drill a hole on the plastic cover which I never concern about as I can even dun put it back on. the bulb size is a MAIN concern (for me) as I dont really want to enlarge the bulb hole using those knives lol. I am selling HID myself and the one I am selling doesnt go in and some of our customer (h1) as well try to force the bulb in and end up breaking it.

clowdz
29-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Ahh.. Now I understand..
Have you tried it yourself yet to see if your's will fit?

TypeG
29-08-2006, 07:16 PM
i tried
it wont fit straight in

Lowenhart
30-08-2006, 02:33 AM
TypeG, have you tried BJ Union?
They seem to get good reports.

TypeG
30-08-2006, 08:50 AM
TypeG, have you tried BJ Union?
They seem to get good reports.

I am selling BJ Union myself and I have tried. the bulbs are too big for some vehicles using H1 for some reasons