PDA

View Full Version : Euro owners; the new replacement dash is out.

Fhrx
28-08-2006, 05:00 PM
For those of you who want an aftermarket deck but don't like the lower pocket replacement mounting system, the wait for the new dash is over.

http://www.aerpro.com.au/product_pics/FP997864.jpg

From Aerpro:

This kit allows installation of an aftermarket stereo system. The heating, ventilation and Air Conditioning are all controlled by this kit. Replaces the entire climate control panel(except Dual Zone automatic Climate Control). Retains full functionality of the HVAC system. Moulded to match dash colour & texture. ISO trim ring included. Recessed DIN mount and snap on ISO mount. All controls are backlit for night driving.

However they're not cheap. They retail at $599. We haven't set a price for them yet.:)

aaronng
28-08-2006, 05:12 PM
It says "except Dual Zone automatic Climate Control". Does that mean that this console face does not work with that?

If it doesn't, then it won't work with ALL euros.

DreadAngel
28-08-2006, 06:49 PM
I think he means that it will replace everything but the Dual Zone Auto Climate Control which is retained, everything else is replaced.

aaronng
28-08-2006, 07:35 PM
That panel pretty much replaces everything in the middle. No more screen, dials are replaced, and the buttons on the replacement face above doesn't have the "Dual" button.

jonolee
28-08-2006, 07:38 PM
been out for awile....i personally think its ugly and shouldnt be changed, anyone got some photos of it installed?

ICACHA
28-08-2006, 09:26 PM
it means exactly what it says. zone 2 (passenger side) doesnt work, you get the same temp for both left and right...

JaCe
04-09-2006, 09:43 PM
it means exactly what it says. zone 2 (passenger side) doesnt work, you get the same temp for both left and right...

I don't have an Accord Euro but can you pls elaborate on how that works... as in, why does it only support one side and not both? Remember- I'm a n00b.

ICACHA
04-09-2006, 10:53 PM
cause its made by the americans and they only had single climate control from memory hence why only single climate control with those facias. doesnt really make much of a difference as the only thing is the passenger cant change the temperature for they're side, no big deal really...

xiang
04-09-2006, 11:57 PM
i dunno.. doesnt really cut it for me.
Doesnt look very nice imo..
Rather keep the OEM HU and whack the after market one in the middle compartment.

spetz
05-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Can someone post pics of the stock Euro thing?
Out of interest ;)

aaronng
06-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Can someone post pics of the stock Euro thing?
Out of interest ;)
It's on Honda Australia's website.

Fhrx
06-09-2006, 10:44 AM
This is what the factory Euro deck looks like:

http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/HondaAccordCoupe/Images/Stack.jpg

aaronng
06-09-2006, 12:02 PM
cause its made by the americans and they only had single climate control from memory hence why only single climate control with those facias. doesnt really make much of a difference as the only thing is the passenger cant change the temperature for they're side, no big deal really...
Americans get dual climate control as well.

ICACHA
06-09-2006, 11:09 PM
maybe they started paying extra for those creature comforts as i know the first euros in america had single climate control, one dial for the left and right, dual is pretty stupid really, not like the husband is going to put the cold on when his mrs puts on the heat, but hey honda have done weirder things :p

ACCONDA
19-09-2006, 07:48 PM
does anyone have pictures of one of these dash mounts installed?