PDA

View Full Version : 17s on a Civic

IAMVTEC
28-08-2006, 06:35 PM
I want to put some 17 inch wheels on a 06 Civic, but I heard this may void the manufacturer's warranty. Is this true??

Zdster
28-08-2006, 06:44 PM
I want to put some 17 inch wheels on a 06 Civic, but I heard this may void the manufacturer's warranty. Is this true??

The short answer is no. I think I might have covered this in the sticky (new to modifying cars) but basically as long as the modification doesnt cause the fault you are trying to claim, then they cant refuse it - ie you change your wheels and then your engine blows up (as the wheels did not cause your engine to blow up they cant deny the claim).

iamhappy46
28-08-2006, 11:40 PM
However, if wheels bearings/shock absorbers or anything else related to the 17" rims fail... you have to pay the usually expensive price tag of these parts.

RMN15N
01-09-2006, 01:55 AM
However, if wheels bearings/shock absorbers or anything else related to the 17" rims fail... you have to pay the usually expensive price tag of these parts.

i highly doubt that tho..

but in the case of ur warranty.. the answer is "NO" because you can pretty much do whatever u want to the body.. as long as its not touching the engine bay i guess.. like "modifying" etc etc
as for air filters and exhausts, you could put them in if u want to then when it comes for a check up or somthing.. pull them off.. as long as there bolt on's etc

_CiVIC_
01-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Or if you ever have problems, you can just put your original wheels back on ;)

iamhappy46
01-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Why not call the dealer that you bought the car off and ask them if you can fit 17's and if the parts I listed will still be covered under warranty from Honda?