PDA

View Full Version : Defect notices do they expire?

SKREMN
28-08-2006, 08:12 PM
I got a defect notice about 6-7 months ago now since then my car has had its rego cancled and reimbursed to me
now that i wish to re-register the car i need to get a blue slip and everything
do these defect notices now become redundant as i have to get the whole car passed anyways?

I spoke to an rta officer today and he said they might expire but wasnt shure and that i would have to speek to another department, i may call them tomorrow again
just wondering if any one would know

because i can probabnly get a blue slip easy mechanic may just wave them all but maybe not pass the defects...

Zilli
28-08-2006, 08:40 PM
did you pay for the defect fine?

Sounds as though you didnt, and as a result the rego got cancelled, if this is the case i dont think they expire, they sit on the system until the fine is paid.

Q_ball
28-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Like Zilli has mentioned, if you got fined for ur defects, then yes, you'll still need to pay these fines prior to reinstating ur rego.
If you didnt get fined for it, and was meerly ordered to clear and make your car roadworthy again, then all you need is a blue slip to reinstate the rego.

fatcivic0_0
28-08-2006, 09:05 PM
yea you have to clear up everything thats on the list you got they just dont dissapear after time (wish they did though lol)

SKREMN
28-08-2006, 09:53 PM
i didnt get fined anything just had un unroadworthy car
blue headlights and too low are really only whats lefts outstanding on ym defects everythign else has now been engineered
but getting the car passed shoudlnt be too hard just more of a hassel

iamhappy46
28-08-2006, 11:42 PM
The blueslip will cancel out the defect notices, just take the defect notice to the blue slip inspection and they can pass it all at once.

Defect normally has 6 weeks for everything to be passed before they cancel your rego.

xtercii
29-08-2006, 08:39 AM
blue slip clears all the cop defects but not the epa defects, it places a block on rta from re-registering your car until they are cleared.

Twincam16
29-08-2006, 10:30 PM
My last blue slip didnt even get to RTA! The cop must have forgotten to. What a retard. Realised this when I lost my blue slip and asked RTA to re-print it, they didnt know I had one, so I walked out and didnt look back!

destrukshn
29-08-2006, 10:33 PM
My last blue slip didnt even get to RTA! The cop must have forgotten to. What a retard. Realised this when I lost my blue slip and asked RTA to re-print it, they didnt know I had one, so I walked out and didnt look back!
pure luck!

Limbo
29-08-2006, 11:14 PM
yeah last time i got defected all i needed was a blueslip to clear the defects. The blueslip states that your car is roadworthy again.