PDA

View Full Version : are dc5r cams worth upgrading to?

gregsir
28-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Curious if anyone has upgraded their dc5 with jdm typer cams,and if so was their much if any improvements?
thanks

CivicOnBoost
28-08-2006, 10:56 PM
If you gonna go to the trouble of doing cams you may aswell do it properly and get some IPS, Toda or the like cams with titanium springs and retainers. Its gonna cost you about 5k to upgrade your cams and get the job done properly.

destrukshn
28-08-2006, 10:57 PM
If you gonna go to the trouble of doing cams you may aswell do it properly and get some IPS, Toda or the like cams with titanium springs and retainers. Its gonna cost you about 5k to upgrade your cams and get the job done properly.
that 5k can go to boost, ad a few more k, and you'll yeild much better results

gregsir
29-08-2006, 02:10 AM
Considering labour cost i supposse it would be a bit silly.

CivicOnBoost
29-08-2006, 11:45 AM
that 5k can go to boost, ad a few more k, and you'll yeild much better results

You would be looking atleast 10k to boost a DC5R and even then you would only run 6-8psi....

My car is running Toda Spec C Cams with intake and exhaust mods and makes 150kw at the wheels....

Mst_Mugen
07-09-2006, 07:44 PM
buddyclub camz!! spec C FTW!!

DC5TYPER
13-09-2006, 06:55 PM
JDM Type R and Toda Spec A2 Cams dont need ECU upgrade, Will improve torque throughout the rev-range and stock valve springs will take 8500rpm easy if you decide to do ECU. Anything above that will be risky.

Paul_Dc5
13-09-2006, 11:23 PM
JDM Type R and Toda Spec A2 Cams dont need ECU upgrade, Will improve torque throughout the rev-range and stock valve springs will take 8500rpm easy if you decide to do ECU. Anything above that will be risky.

Sorry,, but u sure that the Toda Spec A2 Cams dont need ECU upgrade,
cos when i get them in my car.I could drive my car, but i couldnt go very fast at alll... i think i only could drive up to 70kms/h
So i had to get it tune after i got the cams in

DC5TYPER
15-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Sorry,, but u sure that the Toda Spec A2 Cams dont need ECU upgrade,
cos when i get them in my car.I could drive my car, but i couldnt go very fast at alll... i think i only could drive up to 70kms/h
So i had to get it tune after i got the cams in

Thats what Toda indicate. Plus I think I saw it on the US webite too.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23731

eriktufa
16-09-2006, 12:42 AM
There will be no benefit from upgrading cams if you don't change the ecu.

There is a possibility that you are going slower if you got aftermarket cams and stock ecu.

Btw, it's not worthed to upgrade to jdm dc5r cams