PDA

View Full Version : honda accord 98 V6-L, 12V power for accesaries

Dray_Templar
30-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi ppls,
was installing a mod, lol seem to of got the bug, anyway, i have install a rocker switch next to the cruise control button and the sunroof control, and want to connect 12v power to it to run something.

i took off the bottom part of the dash on the driver side (partially anyway), i removed the cover to the fuse compartment, and undid the the 2 screws, and had a look under there. found 2 wires that were not connected to anything blue and a red one, they both had female spade bit connectors, and have 12 volts (postive) (there was a black wire screwed in near by for earth that was not connected to anthing either). (tested with multi meter), they are still live while the car is off (keys out of ignition).

Does anyone no if these 2 wires blue/red are accessorie wires? or what they might be for?

the other question is how do i remove the rest of the lower part of the dash on driver side? seems to be stuck near the centre console, it was to dark to see if there were any other screws felt around but could not find any, is it just clicked on? if it is what direction to i need to pull it?

let me no if you need some pics to see what i'm talking about.

thanks for ya help everyone :)

P.S i no i can't spell, get over it i am.

Dray_Templar
30-08-2006, 03:31 PM
well i guess not one can help me :( arh well. will look into it more tonight.

SiReal
31-08-2006, 01:39 PM
ddue, cant help you with the electrical stuff but to remove the lower dash

1. take up cigarette butt tray,
2. take out the unit that the cigrette butt tray lies in (the black bit - need to undo two screws). once screws are out, pull the black bit out. be careful not to cut ur hands - wear gloves.
3. once that bit is out, you will see another two screws, undo those two, and once all the clips on the under dash panels are unclipped, the panel should come off nice and easy.

Dray_Templar
31-08-2006, 02:01 PM
thanks a heap SiReal, Helpfull as ways :) thanks

been missing you mate where yah been?

SiReal
31-08-2006, 02:05 PM
hey hey, no need for thanks!

i've been super busy at work recently and i havent had time to do the net...hoho...i guess that can only be a good thing.

how about you? i remember u live decently far away so is it correct to assume u wont be coming to the 17th sept brighton beach meet up?

destrukshn
31-08-2006, 02:13 PM
pics please, so are these wires hooked up to the switch already? or they are just hanging?

Dray_Templar
31-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah Sireal, live in an outback country town :) but working in Melb still (cambelfield), but normally go back home on weekends, but might make an effort to stick around that weekend and come to another cruise/meet up.

(i'm kinda scarred of getting lost, don't know my way around melb at all)

The wires i was talking about are just hanging.
will get you some pics tonight ;) and post them tommorow for ya destrukshn.

destrukshn
31-08-2006, 02:31 PM
now.. insulate that wire, so you don't short anything and end up with some major headaches. lol. then try follow the wire to it's source of power is.
i reckon that the car previously had an accesory hooked up to it, then was taken out, and just left hanging there.

Dray_Templar
31-08-2006, 02:43 PM
cheers thanks for the advice, i been trying to everything nice, well the best you can for a backyard job :)

been using spade bits, and cripping and soldiering, and electrical tape for the moment, will use heat shrink when all sorted for final install. I been so carefull with not shorting stuff, don't wanna stuff up the cars electonics lol.

P.S Seem some people are totally idiots. went in to a car accesories shop, where i got some lights, asked them what size fuse i should use and how many amps the lights use, the guys goes no idea how many anps they use, but i use a 50 amp fuse for thos lights have them in my car... WTF (these are LED lights).

Anyway i measured the current yesterday... the LED lights that i have use 0.15 amps i got 4 of them. only need an 1amp fuse, but will probable put in a 5amp, as thats the smallest i have seen in the glass fuses (havn't had much of a look thow). Damn 50amps what an over kill.

destrukshn
31-08-2006, 02:47 PM
i've got a 2 amp glass fuse.
so you can also get em.
see if you can get any pics and we'll go from there

Dray_Templar
31-08-2006, 03:28 PM
thanks for that destrukshn, will get a 2amp glass fuse much better than a 5. got a 30 in there in the moment :( it's what came with the fuse holder.

was trying to run the wiring from the dash to the boot last night, got all the way to the back seat (driver side), and could not figure out how to get the side of the back seat off. you know when you put the back seat forward and the is still some of the back seat left up, the wiring goes behind it and into the boot, well could not figure out how to get it off to run the wire to the boot. ended getting it throw there with a little swearing and what not, but would be nice to know how to take off that part of the back seat for next time/ the other side.

think i might have to make this into a DYI lol, might help with some one else wanting to wire somthing else up.

stocky
31-08-2006, 03:40 PM
could not figure out how to get the side of the back seat off. you know when you put the back seat forward and the is still some of the back seat left up, the wiring goes behind it and into the boot, well could not figure out how to get it off to run the wire to the boot.

Theres a bolt underneath it, a 10mm bolt, directly to the south of the padding when you take out the bench. Then you push it directly north, and then it will slide out.

As for the positive wire you tapped into, did it have blue tape around it either next to the plug or somewhere along the insulation/conduit? If so, that is for the factory upgrade alarm. It is safe to use.

Dray_Templar
31-08-2006, 03:55 PM
cheers stocky, thats what i thought it might of been after some googling but was not 100% no pics of it anywhere that i could find, but did see it mentioned that i could be for the upgrade alarm, thats why it's always on even with out keys in ignition.

also thanks for the details on taking the rest of the back seat out.
will post some pics, tommorow as to how it's coming along, and any other problems i'm having.

deffiantly going to have to do abit of a DYI, and put lots of credits in for you guys.

stocky
31-08-2006, 06:08 PM
no problems, glad to be of assistance :thumbsup:

SiReal
31-08-2006, 09:38 PM
yuove probably already got the back seat out my check out my DIY. its in there. :)

Dray_Templar
01-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Thanks SiReal i will check it out havn't got that far get :( keeps getting dark to soon

anyway here is a pic with the blue and the red wires i was talking about they have the white ends and are not connected to everything. As far as i can figure these are the upgrade alarm wires (thanks stocky)
can any one confirm that they are?
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/Dray_Templar/car6.jpg

this is the rocker switch i have set up.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/Dray_Templar/car5.jpg

this how it look in the dash properly. might paint the grey plastic behind it black so it matchs the other switchs.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/Dray_Templar/car1.jpg

some lights i have to put in/on my car
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/Dray_Templar/car4.jpg

Dray_Templar
01-09-2006, 08:36 AM
damn they came out bigger than i thought they would.

stocky
01-09-2006, 09:21 AM
http://users.tpg.com.au/vuong112/untitled.JPG

Hey dude, the plugs that i circled in red are the optional alarm wires. They are tucked away with the blue insulation tape.

The blue and red wires that you have there are directly spliced into the ignition switch. It doesnt matter anyway, aftermarket alarms are connected there. Just remember to fuse it.

Dray_Templar
01-09-2006, 09:38 AM
thanks a heap stocky :)
yeah it is fused atm, putting a smaller 2amp in there soon as i get one.

for anyone else that might want some power from this area later.
the RED wire, with the white end (female spade bit), is 12 ON all the time.
the BLUE wire, with the white end (female spade bit),only on with Accesories ON.

thanks again stocky, you da man.

Dray_Templar
07-09-2006, 09:37 AM
damn it, lol no more mods for me for while, backed into a mates car in the weekend, dark dark blue cars are hard to see in the rain at midnight. arh well once i pay off the $1500 or so for the repairs to his car i will be back to do a few mods.

anyway i got the rear light all wired in and mounted, but can't figure out how i'm going to mount the ones on the sides, dosn't seem like there is a good spot for them under there, esspically since there ment to be mounted higher than the body kit.
any ideas?

SiReal
07-09-2006, 08:31 PM
but u'll still come on the 17th yeah. mang. i've been hearing reports ur like lucifer, ur huge and will eat any man you desire...hmmm..lol :)

ur talking about undercar neons are you? yeah its completely flat. u'll need to get aftermarket side skirts that hang down. or else just mount them more 'in' so that in order to actually see the neon, u'd have to bend down.

Dray_Templar
08-09-2006, 08:23 AM
i've been hearing reports ur like lucifer, ur huge and will eat any man you desire...hmmm..lol :)

lol, well thats one way to describe me, lol there betta be some food or i'm just gonna start eating Ozhonda members, (hope there's some girls there they always taste better, love eating girls lol ). :p

hope i can make it but not sure, have to be in Mansfield on friday 15th, gotta pay mum back some $$, and have a mates engagment party coming up soon, hope it's not the same weekend.

Need a new rear bumper/ or get it fixed anyway so might was well wait till i get a body kit to mount the rest of the neon's. then i can take them all off and say been there done that lol ;)

Honda Enthusiast
11-09-2006, 12:35 PM
God any pictures of your ride with neons flairing, bro? Sould be cool ah!

Dray_Templar
11-09-2006, 02:40 PM
God any pictures of your ride with neons flairing, bro? Sould be cool ah!

yeah i took a pic or 2, but they don't look the same in pictures :( same as any pics of lights i guess they never look they same.

but will put some pics up when i have them all on anyway but that woun't be for awhile, have to get new side skirts first as the the side ones won't fit on with stock side skirts :(