PDA

View Full Version : DC2R Rear Bar + Rear Lip

Moya
30-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Hi All,

Slight continuation from my previous here here. (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49581)

I've ordered the '2000 ITR Rear Bar Cover' for my car. I got a price of ~$800 from a Honda Dealership (don't care about price, Insurance is paying...). I just want to know, when you see a ITR Rear end, is the 'actual' rear bar the "rear bar cover' WITH a lip? Or does it include everything?

If you compare a vtir bumper, with itr bumper, the only real difference seems to the lip on the bottom of the ITR, so I'm not sure. but I know for a fact that the ITR Lip doesnt fit onto the bottom of the VTIR rear bar.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

BIG`O
30-08-2006, 04:33 PM
the difference in the 98+ (facelift) and 94-94 (pre-facelift) is the small bar which runs along the bottom.

if you talked to honda about a lip they probably think you mean a lip to fit the facelifted bar..

Q_ball
30-08-2006, 04:40 PM
All stock facelifted rear bumpers are the same, be it GSi, VTiR or Type R.
If there seems to be an additional "lip" as u call it on the rear bar, then the one without this "lip" is a pre facelifted rear bar.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/DLO01/My%20Integra%20Type%20R/ResizeofIMG_8369.jpg

Above is a facelifted rear bar (sorry to owner whos on the forums, i jst took it from the appearance gallery)
If it doesnt have that gap down the bottom as shown above, then its pre facelifted.
Now if you're actually referring to the extras on the rear 1/4's of the rear bar, then they are the extra pods that came with the special edition ITR's.
You wont get these additional pods from insurance, as they didnt come standard on all facelifted ITR rears.

Moya
31-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks Q_Ball. I'm still slightly confused though (I'm a dumbass).

Basically, what happened is, I was in an accident. Some girl ran straight into the back of my stationary car. So I need a new rear bar cover, and 2 tail lights.

I want my rear end to look like an 00 ITR after it's done. Instead of ordering 95 VTIR Taillights, and Rear Bar cover from what Honda, if I ordered 00 ITR Taillights and Rear Bar cover...would that turn my rear end into the above pic you posted Q_Ball?

I dont understand what you mean by 'additional pods'?

Thanks again

quangsta
31-08-2006, 02:07 PM
yes it shoud...

what he means by 'additional pods' are like a 'rear side lip' in a sense...they start at the wheel and go back to the rear corner. you dont have to worry about it cause u wont get it :)

Q_ball
31-08-2006, 11:14 PM
if I ordered 00 ITR Taillights and Rear Bar cover...would that turn my rear end into the above pic you posted Q_Ball?

Yes it would :)
Doesnt have to be ITR, ANY facelifted rear tail and bumper will look like the above picture.
Facelifted meaning 98-01.

Moya
01-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks Q_Ball, appreciated!