PDA

View Full Version : worth the wait?

geo41e
18-05-2004, 09:13 PM
l've gotta titanium muffler sitting at home..had it for about 1 mnth now.
l wanna put it on, but i got stock cat back, but custome headers.

question is, if i put the muffler on...how much power would i get? (nil?)
that is..in comparison to having the muffler on with a cat back....

l dun really wanna go fast anymore..but will the sound be diff with the cat back or without?
which sounds better if the muffler is on ?

thans guyz

Mitch M
18-05-2004, 09:14 PM
you'll prolly get a slightly different note if you just do a weld

but it will sound much different with a cat back exhaust ;) and you should see a gain out of a cat back also

geo41e
18-05-2004, 09:22 PM
umm....l jus want that muffler on dammit lols

Nuttz
19-05-2004, 12:58 AM
the sound will change for sure.
gains probalby a little up top and lose a litle down low :)

SIKCVC
19-05-2004, 01:16 AM
When i got my muff put on there was a slight difference in power (not enough for a learner to tell :P) Sounded way different much noiser but it was fairly quiet at idle it really needed to be pumped to make a decent sound. WHen i got my cat back the note got deaper and rumblier (MUCH better sound IMO) and you can hear it idle now :P... obviously saw some good gains in power but the noise can be unbareable at times, cruising on the freeway. Its definatly an awseme sound (I love it i dont care how rice my opinion is) but it goes through the whole car even with sound deadening and yeah really manotonous after extended periods of time. Not a good combination late at night.

geo41e
19-05-2004, 09:13 AM
hey sikcvc..is that with the resonator on ??
or did u take it off ?

[[d a n n y]]
19-05-2004, 09:42 AM
dont think u'll get a gain just from the muffler.

SIKCVC
19-05-2004, 04:07 PM
I've got a reduced resinator. its still there but half the size. I need that done because its the lowest part of civics... on a stock civic the resinator sits on 11.4 Cm off the ground. so it really needs to be removed/reduced if you want to lower it.

geo41e
19-05-2004, 05:05 PM
ok done..came back from a muffler place..aussie best...and said i dun really need the 2.25" cat back since i loose low end...and thats where i need power mostly....l wouldn't m,ind the 2" cat back..but itds also too loud

so l'm jus gonna take of my resonator if possible and put my muffler onto stock piping. They say stock size right now is the best for overall performance along with my headers...

so yeah...

SIKCVC
19-05-2004, 05:12 PM
I dont get it... everyone lost low end... I gained heaps :P Its so retarded hahaha Oh well can't complain I love it :D