PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Cam gears on Type R

Benson
30-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Just wondering if there would be any gains or benefits if i fitted adjustable cam gears on and integra type R engine. It's also ging to be tuned with a hondata

todaek9
30-08-2006, 09:45 PM
if you blue print, port and polish, airflow match, your engine as well...

spetz
31-08-2006, 12:12 AM
I think B18CR was blue printed from factory?
And heads were hand ported and polished too?

ZeForce
31-08-2006, 12:51 AM
I think B18CR was blue printed from factory?
And heads were hand ported and polished too?

Not ported, just polished

Slow96GSR
31-08-2006, 03:27 AM
They came with a mild port job. The gains on a stock ITR will still be mild but if you are going to add things later are a good start, especially if you are on a small budget now. Gears were the first part I started with, only 125 bucks a pair is why!

notorious_ahmie
31-08-2006, 03:52 AM
Adjustable Cam Gears allow fine tuning of the camshaft timing to maximize engine performance and tailor power characteristics for various driving conditions.
Adjustments can be made to tune an engine’s power band to the optimum RPM range for a particular application

some info off a couple sites

DynoDave
31-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Not ported, just polished
Yep just to make it lose power :thumbdwn: bad advice my friend,By fitting cam gears you very rarely will you gain much peak power in a STD engine unless you retune to suit the different cam timing and if any other mods that are done to your setup.Most cam timing jobs will just move the power curve around to a lower or higher RPM point.We normally look for a stronger mid range power curve when doing this type of job.
Regards Dyno Dave

notorious_ahmie
31-08-2006, 07:25 AM
so in sayin that dave..if benson buys the cam gears..wen he tunes it with the hondata..will it be worth it?

i remember u tellin me i needed it ehehe!

DynoDave
31-08-2006, 07:40 AM
so in sayin that dave..if benson buys the cam gears..wen he tunes it with the hondata..will it be worth it?

i remember u tellin me i needed it ehehe!
Same as any mods they need to be tuned in to get the best result,remember the time we spent retuning the smallest of mods to the intakes to get the best out of them.
Regards Dyno Dave

notorious_ahmie
31-08-2006, 08:01 AM
yuhuh sure do..!! they were good times though dave :)

bennjamin
31-08-2006, 08:48 AM
IMO even with a aftermarket computer ~ "adj" camgears are best for aftermarket camshafts. Not worth it at all on stock cams :)

Phamburger
31-08-2006, 10:09 AM
I agree there with Ben Opinion. If you really want the max from a particular product, I.E Cam Gears then it would be best to get some head work done. Such as Port and Polish, Aftermarket Cam shaft new springs etc etc.

So u'll get the full potential of the cams gear and plus you'll prolly get a better dyno result. Best of luck with what u wanna do Benson.

Cheers

Dave

CONAN
31-08-2006, 12:18 PM
whats blue print?

ZeForce
31-08-2006, 12:19 PM
They came with a mild port job. The gains on a stock ITR will still be mild but if you are going to add things later are a good start, especially if you are on a small budget now. Gears were the first part I started with, only 125 bucks a pair is why!

I stand corrected.....

ZeForce
31-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Yep just to make it lose power :thumbdwn: bad advice my friend

No need for the sarcasm... Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone has as much experience as you. Im young and still learning....

Limbo
31-08-2006, 06:06 PM
i have to say that tuning in some cam gears will help even your stock cars with minor mods. I noted that mine seem to be torquer when i got my cam gears.

todaek9
01-09-2006, 05:23 PM
the best way, Stay STANDARD...haha...

One thing i'm really curious...Spoon CAms...Any one experienced it before?

fatboyz39
01-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Some engines are setup differently. I know that for my car....putting on cam gears with stock cams and stock motor, it made 6.5hp atw, dyno sheets to prove.

Cam gears are design to fine tune the cams in. Might as well put on on for the full tune.

TODA AU
02-09-2006, 04:53 AM
Blueprint is to take the engine apart and rebuild it with all the correct clearences from the manual like in the blueprint of the engine.
Actually it's when you build an engine to a spec rather than a tolerance.