PDA

View Full Version : Custom Euro Audio Installation

alkim2
31-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi guys, i am a sucker for a good sound system and having recently purchased a 2006 euro am looking to change the stock music system n speakers n would like to c pictures of custom installations u guys have done.

Fhrx
31-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Shoot me your email addy and I'll send you some photos of some of the Euro's we've done here. :)

alkim2
31-08-2006, 02:13 PM
my email is lex_anni@yahoo.com

Fhrx
31-08-2006, 03:45 PM
I've already sent you some mate. :)

alkim2
31-08-2006, 03:47 PM
thnks

TECBOY
31-08-2006, 03:50 PM
U are my hero. Good luck with the audio work
:)

alkim2
31-08-2006, 03:54 PM
da pics i got from Fhrx are really helpful. The funny thing is i have all dis ideas in mind but have to sit down an plan them all out with an audio installer. Any good ideas of one in WA Perth.

Also i intend to b able access ma spare tyre as i drive long distance alot

Fhrx
31-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Remember they're just the cheaper ones.

Boot installs can get a lot more complex once you start building entire fibreglass / two-packed (sic) boot installs.

stephen8512
31-08-2006, 06:45 PM
can u send me some pics too?

stephen8512@hotmail.com

Slow96GSR
31-08-2006, 10:56 PM
...Boot installs can get a lot more complex once you start building entire fibreglass / two-packed (sic) boot installs.

Not to mention the price goes up exponentially. But they are the most fun build in my opinion. I try to do them when ever we get one in the shop.

Fhrx
01-09-2006, 08:55 AM
can u send me some pics too?

stephen8512@hotmail.com

Sure can. :)

Gerald28
01-09-2006, 02:15 PM
me too please :D

geri_28@hotmail.com

vrm
02-09-2006, 05:56 PM
me three!~! pics please =D
wrx_ver99@yahoo.com

nick_7g
05-09-2006, 12:17 AM
i'll jump on the band wagon

nick_m1984@hotmail.com

Onrmnd
05-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Wouldn't mind a look also please.

cnmcorp@optusnet.com.au

bigdongers
06-09-2006, 01:54 AM
just post them here :)

-[NoS]-
06-09-2006, 08:22 AM
tru dat
i wanna see
post them here

kitbkk
07-09-2006, 10:41 PM
it would be so helpful posting the pics here. or if you dont feel comfy please send it to me a_at_hell@hotmail.com

Fhrx
12-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Gerald28, did you get those photos champ?

Gerald28
12-09-2006, 11:23 PM
no i didnt mate....
mind sending them again???
geri_28@hotmail.com!!

Cheers

thenozman
13-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Could you send me the photos also:

thenozman@hotmail.com

Cheers

Kiwi
13-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Hiya Fhrx,

Any chance I could take a look at the install pics as well. I have a whole bunch of gear out of my old car I'm looking at putting into my new 06 Euro, and would like some ideas.

My 2 x10 inch subs are in a removable box, so I can take it out to access the spare tyre. I used to have the amps on the side of the boot and Phoenix Gold EQ under the front passenger seat of my old car. I'm planning on using the stock head unit.

I used to compete with this gear about 8 years ago and its still working A1. I guess you get what you pay for these days. I'd still be willing to put my Lanzar, Phoenix Gold and Image Dynamics gear up against whats out there today :)

enkay
13-09-2006, 10:00 PM
oo can u send me sum photos too mate =D
Narikki@hotmail.com
cheers!

kitbkk
13-09-2006, 10:07 PM
me too

xiang
14-09-2006, 12:45 AM
why not just post up here?

Still havnt received email yet. :P

genk-jomblo
20-09-2006, 04:28 PM
send me too :
davetrends@gmail.com

TEMPTN
24-09-2006, 11:29 PM
i wanna see to send to
jlz_20@hotmail.com

why dont you jusy post up in thread

kam
25-09-2006, 02:33 AM
http://www.toweraudio.com.au/html/car_audio_custom_installations.html

ive gone thru them before - pretty good - they got some nice cars at the auto salon too

http://www.toweraudio.com.au/Euro_60.jpg
http://www.toweraudio.com.au/Euro_200.jpg
http://www.toweraudio.com.au/Euro_4.jpg

enkay
25-09-2006, 06:22 PM
damn that is sexy.. i want mine to b sumthing like that! simple and clean

Kiwi
25-09-2006, 09:12 PM
The boot install looks good, but wouldnt the bass response be better if the subs faced towards the back of the car. Maybe they've gone for style over substance ie. using perspex to show of the nice looking subs.

The HU install looks a bit nasty too. Those aftermarket dash mounts just dont blend in, especially in Euro's with the beige interior.

kam
25-09-2006, 10:58 PM
that was one of their 1st euro's, things are a bit better now. you can have it so that the headunit goes inside the flip box thing, not like in the pic i potsed.

and that custom boot install was something like 3k

Kiwi
26-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Wow 3k is expensive for what they've done in the boot.... only 1 amp and 2 subs. Looks good though.

micka
26-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Custom work does cost a fair bit. But, I don't think it's "expensive". By the time you factor in tools needed, materials needed (mdf, fibreglass, trim, etc), disposables (sand paper, paint brushes, acetone, etc), time/labor (planning, developing, testing, sanding takes a LOT of time to get it right), and misc. costs (power cables, RCA, sound deadening, etc).
A lot of car audio shops won't touch custom installs because there's simply no money in it. While at first glance it seems pricey, it's really easily justifiable for them the charge what they do to do the job right.

Kiwi
26-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey Micka :)

I had 2 amps, EQ, 2 Subs in a custom boot install in my old car... and if they'd asked me to pay $3k for it I would have choked. And before anyone questions the quality... it was 1st grade and good enough to take the QLD Finals for 0-150 watts.

Dont get me wrong, I know some installs are really expensive because thay basically redo the whole boot/use electric motors to move components etc. And I'm not having a go at the install in the pics because it looks really nice.. but in the end its only using carpet and is just a false floor with 1 amp in it.

When I get my gear put into my Euro.. I'd expect to pay a bit less, or have something REALLY nice for my $3k

That's just IMO... :)

tron07
25-11-2006, 09:13 AM
The boot install looks good, but wouldnt the bass response be better if the subs faced towards the back of the car. Maybe they've gone for style over substance ie. using perspex to show of the nice looking subs.

The HU install looks a bit nasty too. Those aftermarket dash mounts just dont blend in, especially in Euro's with the beige interior.

Hi kiwi, why would you say that the response would be better? Facing the subs forward, the bass could easilly get in to the cabin too.... however the downside is the rear passengers would get a back massage everytime the bass hits...

If you mention the plexiglass back instead of MDF, then I would agree with you... not many material is better then a MDF enclosure.

I am thinking of doing up my HU in the euro the same way, going to route the stock player in to my AUX so can play both HU.

FHRX, got any of the photos you mention earlier? I was the guy wearing TRU shirt in the last sound off at Doran. Please send to me at tron07@hotmail.com

madjace
25-11-2006, 09:38 AM
could i get some photos aswell

thanks fhrx

J-TODA
29-11-2006, 01:28 AM
HAHHAA damn..if not 2 much trouble id love some pics as well LOL...* very serious about gettin some kinda of new technology installed that will amaze *

email : C-J4CK@hotmail.com

ps: thanks heaps

DSNTGR8
29-11-2006, 08:10 AM
lol, should just post them in this thread instead of sending to emails!!

tron07
05-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Still didnt get anything yet, anyone with the photos, kindly post it up....

J-TODA
05-12-2006, 04:31 PM
same yo! =] much appreciated

ALF487
15-05-2007, 05:07 PM
i want some photos too.. thinking of putting soundsystem in my euro.. preferaly boston speakers or focals

Euro2005
31-05-2007, 04:17 PM
I upgraded my Honda Euro sound system in Febuary 2005.

The system is still brilliant, the sound quality is fabulous.
I am still using the same head unit and steering wheel controls that came with the Euro. To look at the car you can not tell anything has changed.

I had it all done by Northfield Moorooka - Absolutely Terrific Service
Full Installation, All wiring Etc, No Cutting
http://www.northfieldmoorooka.com.au

Front Door Speakers and Tweeters - Focal 165 V Slim
The BEST and ONLY Speakers That Will Fit With Out Cutting .
Focal Polyglass speakers use one of the most unique woofer cone materials that we have ever come across. Focal uses a unique process to deposit a layer of hollow silica micro-balls over specialized pulp cellulose cones. This unique material, which feels a lot like sand paper, neutralizes the effect of standing waves along the surface. Polyglass stiffens the cone while significantly increasing neutrality and imaging qualities. The unique 1-3/4" TN 45 tweeter features Focals unique inverted titanium dome design which provides far better mechanical coupling to the voice coil than regular dome tweeter designs. This creates an upper end with resolution and detail that other tweeters simply cant touch. The tweeters come complete with accessories for flush or surface mounting. All Focal products are handcrafted in France, with every component manufactured in-house under the tightest quality control standards. Designed to fit oversized 7" 4-hole openings.
http://www.focalaustralia.com.au/polyglass.htm

Back Speakers 6x9 - Eclipse SE8493
Key Features
Size: 6 ? 9" 4-Way
Continuous Power Handling: 75W
Music Power Handling: 150W
Frequency Response: 50Hz-40Hz
Sensitivity: 98dB
Cone Material: Mica/Poly
Surround Material: Rubber
Voice Coil Former: Kapton
Midrange Dome: Mylar
Tweeter Dome: Mylar
Super-Tweeter Dome: Mylar
Tweeter Magnet Material: Neodymium
Woofer Magnet Material: Ferrite
Mounting Depth: 3 1/16"
http://www.eclipse-web.com/

Amplifier - Alpine MRP-F240
V-Power 4/3/2 Channel Power Amplifier
This 4 channel V-Power amplifier delivers exceptionally high performance and detailed control. Combined with Alpine's famous sound quality, it's versatility will allow it to adapt to many configurations.
# 75W x 4 (Max)
# 100W x 2 RMS [4Ohms - Bridged @ 14.4V (0.3% THD)]
# 50W x 4 RMS [2Ohms @ 14.4V (0.3% THD)]
# 40W x 4 RMS [4Ohms @ 14.4V (0.08% THD)]
# Bass engine
# HP/LP Crossover
# Bass EQ (Variable Ch-3/4)
# RCA or Speaker Level Inputs
# MOSFET Output Transistors
http://www.alpine.com.au/

RCA Connector & Electrical Noise Eliminator - Peripheral Sven4
Best channel Audio Converter available---period!
The sven4 line level converter is the only LLC that we have found that does not introduce engine noise to the system in a Euro. inc, alpine, cali gold, and a few others. (same with BMW systems.)
For the Ultimate in Sound Quality and Signal transfer the SVEN4 is the Only Solution.
The SVEN4 was recently awarded the coveted innovations award at the 2004 Consumer Electronics Association Show.
Four channel Premium Sound Interfacing Device.
RCA level or speaker level input or output. The SVEN4 is perfectly suited for replacing the factory amplified system and retaining the OEM radio or for Premium OEM head-unit replacement. It can also be used as a standard line output converter. (LOC applications require vehicle specific sound harness--sold seperately).
NOTE: 60 watts maximum input per channel.

It all works perfectly and sounds AWESOME

iizzii
19-04-2008, 01:08 PM
does anyone know where in sydney i can get one of those head unit dividers that would sit inside the flip down thing, cause i want to be able to hid it so that its not seen and not stolen...
if anyone knows where i could order one from or buy one from could u please help me out :D

euro_tr4sh
20-04-2008, 10:02 PM
i work at audioart and technologies in the city on murray street, we've done alot of accord euro's, and i also own one with a pretty comprehensive stereo, ill post some pics up when i can find some, but feel free to drop in so you can discuss some options with us and the rest of the crew

hooyn
28-04-2008, 03:54 PM
around how much did this set up cost?

I upgraded my Honda Euro sound system in Febuary 2005.

The system is still brilliant, the sound quality is fabulous.
I am still using the same head unit and steering wheel controls that came with the Euro. To look at the car you can not tell anything has changed.

I had it all done by Northfield Moorooka - Absolutely Terrific Service
Full Installation, All wiring Etc, No Cutting
http://www.northfieldmoorooka.com.au

Front Door Speakers and Tweeters - Focal 165 V Slim
The BEST and ONLY Speakers That Will Fit With Out Cutting .
Focal Polyglass speakers use one of the most unique woofer cone materials that we have ever come across. Focal uses a unique process to deposit a layer of hollow silica micro-balls over specialized pulp cellulose cones. This unique material, which feels a lot like sand paper, neutralizes the effect of standing waves along the surface. Polyglass stiffens the cone while significantly increasing neutrality and imaging qualities. The unique 1-3/4" TN 45 tweeter features Focals unique inverted titanium dome design which provides far better mechanical coupling to the voice coil than regular dome tweeter designs. This creates an upper end with resolution and detail that other tweeters simply cant touch. The tweeters come complete with accessories for flush or surface mounting. All Focal products are handcrafted in France, with every component manufactured in-house under the tightest quality control standards. Designed to fit oversized 7" 4-hole openings.
http://www.focalaustralia.com.au/polyglass.htm

Back

sraphael
25-10-2008, 02:02 PM
And me too please

stephen.raphael@bigpond.com

sraphael
25-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Where did the line converter go? where did it plug into?

mr İharisma
25-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Where did the line converter go? where did it plug into?

Typically they go near or behind the factory source, for stealth and convenience. They use the speaker wire that would normally run your speakers and turn them into low level signal outputs via RCA @ approx 7-10VRMS.

simon8855
25-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Can I see the photo too please?
simon8855_82@yahoo.com

shakkas
26-10-2008, 09:42 PM
looks hot!
waiting to start my full time job and ill be working the sound system hard

lookin at splits, rear 6x9, amp, rockford360 cause i dont want a new hu (still want to use steering wheel controls)