PDA

View Full Version : OK A I got Killed Thread

ECU-MAN
19-05-2004, 12:39 AM
when I first got my CRX back in 97 ,I was running everyone that would give it a go. after beating heaps of commowhores and pulsars, ect, I began to think I was invincible Till this crappy old Ford Anglia thing pulls up next to me. it sounded a little loud while idling, I just thought what a bucket. he's looking at me and giving it some revs. so where off, I gave it All it had, good take off and all ( thinking Ill teach this **** not to FU@* with a Honda ) the Dude Just Ripped me, this old bucket of crap took of like a rocket, sounded sick too, anyway he destroyed me. my jaw just dropped. :cry:

to this day I have NFI what was in that thing. I know I gave it all It and I had, so I didnt do a shit run. and to top it all off while Iv just been ripped by this thing, I got my woman in the passanger seat saying that peice of crap just thrashed you. nuthing worse being kicked while your down.

I recon that thing was Efi'd or somthing but it was Quick

Oh well you win some and you loose some.

anyone else got a I got killed story or am I the only looser here

SIKCVC
19-05-2004, 01:03 AM
I moved this from the otherone.

Fine just for those who want to hear about loses. I Draged my mate in his VR just after he got it, he had one passenger... we line up. He goes 3, 2, then takes off. So he got a car length on me on launch... then I ****ed up launch... and then every shift after that was slow and missed... WORST DRAG EVER!!! I never re ran him again... and the VR's been writen off now.

I egged on an M3 to drag me once... He rapped me Was awseme to see a real performance car push that hard though.

In my mates VN (yeah all my mates LOVE holdens) We dragged a VT SS MAN THE SHIT ON THAT CAR!!! It had FE2 rock hard sus set up on (the VT that is) and he Just LAUNCHED like nothing i've ever seen. When he shifter the whole rear end buckled down to the right because of the amount of torque in the car... By this time he was about 4-5 car lengths in front. SECOND GEAR!!! and not only that but my mate got the reaction on him too!!!

Oh heres a cool one... I saw a guy in a civic (i was in mums avalon) and I was like oh this will be a cool chance to see how my car compares. So i just asked him what he had... the thing was an SiR so i figure why not be good to see anyway. I took off before him and he had a not so great sort of shocked reaction time (like my drag against the VR) and he wheel spun everywhere. By the end of second gear he'd past the avalon by 130 he was over a car length ahead. I spoke to him after and he said the thing wasn't even in tune and his drag wasn't the best i've seen I think I caught him pretty off guard Oh well It was Fun seeing a Honda fly past... made me proud

Oh I've also had the usual dick head muzza's in their R33 GTS-t's prove their Power against me... Homos.

**Ghost**
19-05-2004, 01:13 AM
some mofo in a ferrari 360 modena pulled pu next to me... i ws clearly ogling his car... grandpa gives me a grin that kidna sez "work hard in school sonny boy"... neway i grin back and i rev... he laffs, he revs... the next 3 seconds were unreal

The Power
The Torque
The Noise
The Prestige
The Price
The back end of a disappearing green ferrari into the distance...

SIKCVC
19-05-2004, 01:18 AM
hahaha dont worry My mates dad is putting a VS V6 into his gemy... I'll run it just for the hell of it HAHAHA... ****in burnout machine thats all it'll be. But then again he owned the fasted street car in the world in 91(maybe 90). Torrana with an NA 350 running dual stages of nos. SHIT!!! (Wet blast for launch) and ****(as in FFFFAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKK) (Direct port for when the front wheels get back on the ground), ran a 9 somthing and the other car ran a 15.5 or something HAHAHA it was so fast the timers at calder wern't set up for those speeds... He didn;t register a 60ft time or a top speed hahahaha.

Morral of the story... Dont drag Shitters that sound even remotly respectable. If it idles heavily but consistant... DONT BOTHER!!!

Calvo
19-05-2004, 09:45 AM
hehe many old skool type cars (like sigma's) r known to be running 13BT engines... dont be suprised if u do get chopped.

look at the upside, u wont use a full tank of fuel trying to win a traffic light GP :P

tofu R
19-05-2004, 09:49 AM
haha cool shit
good to see someone took my advice =)

ECU-MAN
19-05-2004, 10:02 AM
hehe many old skool type cars (like sigma's) r known to be running 13BT engines... dont be suprised if u do get chopped.

look at the upside, u wont use a full tank of fuel trying to win a traffic light GP :P

true, true,

tofu R thanks for the inspiration to start this thread

Chi
19-05-2004, 10:06 AM
lol my friend has a old sigma wagon once, he did 90 over a speed hump, lets say he lost an exhuast and anythign loose under the car lol.

On the topic of being chopped, i got raped by a old charade once, thought it was stock till i foudn out after he kileld me in 2nd that it had turbo.

Jus-10
20-05-2004, 12:26 PM
I lined up a S2000 in my Jazz just for laughs....man I got the best jump on him (or he got a shocker) as I was about 1.5-2 car lengths in front going in to second.

I was doing alright for a bit and must have given him a bit of a fright but I could tell this dude didn't want to get smashed by a Jazz.....he came flying past me at like 9000rpm in 2nd and it was all over...

He quickly turned down a road which was the same one I wanted to go down, but he must have thought I was stalking him cause he pulled over and had this sh*t-scared look on his face as I just drove on by......

luzinit
20-05-2004, 01:24 PM
hahahaha, its ur exhaust man!! prob thought the world was gonna end or something :P hahaha.. damn didnt do too bad ! got killed but not that quickly lol

Weq
20-05-2004, 06:42 PM
lol that s2000 story remined me of a killed story. one of the first day i was boosting my SOHC, 5psi non-intercooled, no vtec, this s2000 was behind me and i was infront at the lights. it was a one lane road and i was pissing him off going slow (on purpose cause i wanted a run). SO i see a 2nd lane opening up and so does he. as soon as it comes he drops back to 2nd and floors to to fly by on me. i get on it in 2nd and this guy is just stunned as he couldnt flyby, rather just slowly get ahead of me. Ishut down inthe middle of 3rd cause i knew this guy wasnt going to give up trying to humiliate me...

oh it was fun!!

McChook
20-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Ahh, My S2000 story is simillar too

When I had my rover 416i, I was driving through Artarmon one day and this black S2000 rolls up beside me with 2 guys in suits. I was revving the **** off the rover to gee them up, so the S2000 lets out a dull roar, and the passenger slaps him and says "don't do that". I was confused, so I Gunned it off the lights, as did the S200, which must have been changing at 5000rpm, and was a good 2 car lengths behind me - next set of lights, I did it again, the car pulled over instantly with the passenger going APESHIT at the driver.

I chucked a U-Turn as I watched the car turn in Scotts Honda... TEST PILOT in a brand new demo S2000, complete with standard salesman.....

ECU-MAN
20-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Ahh, My S2000 story is simillar too

When I had my rover 416i, I was driving through Artarmon one day and this black S2000 rolls up beside me with 2 guys in suits. I was revving the **** off the rover to gee them up, so the S2000 lets out a dull roar, and the passenger slaps him and says "don't do that". I was confused, so I Gunned it off the lights, as did the S200, which must have been changing at 5000rpm, and was a good 2 car lengths behind me - next set of lights, I did it again, the car pulled over instantly with the passenger going APESHIT at the driver.

I chucked a U-Turn as I watched the car turn in Scotts Honda... TEST PILOT in a brand new demo S2000, complete with standard salesman.....

what a classic,

" hey dont rev the 2000 man, "

SIKCVC
21-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Holly Crap wouldn't wanna Test the car for the conditions its gonna be used under. Tell me you wouldn't tell the salesman to **** off... if he was a good salesman he'd let the driver do what he wants.

Jus-10
21-05-2004, 11:28 AM
I thought you were going to say that they were a gay couple having a b*tch fight or something...

incoming
21-05-2004, 11:46 AM
I thought you were going to say that they were a gay couple having a b*tch fight or something...

hahha my thoughts exactly!! LOL

man.exe
23-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Hi guys,
I just got a integra VtiR about 2 weeks ago, and I just had my first drag with this oldish looking car. Maybe a kingswood, not a torana though.

I was thinking.. easy kill, but I was shocked. The thing was a V8 roaring over my stock VTEC sound. Man, my teg sounded like a exel compared to his car.

Anyway, I didn't get trashed, but I was side by side with him upto 2nd then he got a 1/2 carlength over me.

Hmm.. maybe I should've got that WRX over the teg :x

ECU-MAN
23-05-2004, 08:47 PM
I was thinking.. easy kill, but I was shocked. The thing was a V8 roaring over my stock VTEC sound. Man, my teg sounded like a exel compared to his car.

Anyway, I didn't get trashed, but I was side by side with him upto 2nd then he got a 1/2 carlength over me.

Its a bad fealling itsnt it,

I know some phsycos out there who only take there V8 Kingers out on weekends with there insanely built engines, they can only afford to take it out on weekends due to how much petrol they use.
maybee you got beat, but at least u dont have to stop every 180kms to FILL up 70lts of leaded

man.exe
23-05-2004, 09:54 PM
I would also like to add that I never reved him up during the red light. You never know what animal hides under that bomb until you hear what's in it.

Now I need to drag some festiva to vent my anger... *ahem.. I mean my defeat. :oops:

ECU-MAN
23-05-2004, 10:01 PM
it would be funny if the festiva had a insane tubo engine and beat u :)
but I know what your saying, it makes you feal better

**Ghost**
23-05-2004, 10:45 PM
as i said in the other thread, i was feeling pretttty good about killing a TX3 turbo... smiling all the way to work... on the way back however, the TX3's grandaddy was waiting for me at the lights...

it was as if he was saying... "so ur the one that made my grandson cry eh punkl".... by the gods, i had pulled up next to a falcon xr6 turbo...

u guys know the result

SIKCVC
24-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Ok my mates dad... Just baught a V8 Gemie (he couldn't be ****ed doing it himself :P) I'll post up some pics if anyone is interested, apparently it runs low 12's. On gas. :O So dont drag some shitta gemie (looks like an old ladies car) with some 40yr old tinny chuging guy smiling is head off :P

man.exe
24-05-2004, 10:49 PM
it would be funny if the festiva had a insane tubo engine and beat u

Isn't festiva something like 39Kw's? I'm sure even if it's turbo'ed, it won't outdo an integra. :shock:

SIKCVC
24-05-2004, 11:46 PM
nah i think he ment like dumping in a decent turbo engine. the full swap :P it would be absoloutly pointless to turbo those engine :P theres only so much air can be slammed into a 1.2 or 1.3 or what ever they are.

Calvo
25-05-2004, 12:00 PM
it would be funny if the festiva had a insane tubo engine and beat u

Isn't festiva something like 39Kw's? I'm sure even if it's turbo'ed, it won't outdo an integra. :shock:
power doesnt always win...

its power to weight :D. festiva = megalight.

**Ghost**
25-05-2004, 12:04 PM
if its weight ur after put a turbo into a daewoo matiz :D

CAT_SPEW
27-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Just got home, and on the way back (after breaking down from some unknown reason) I come up to the lights next to a stocko looking EG civic like mine.
I had no intention of racing the guy and I don't think him or his mate did either lol. But the temptation was too much for me, and my two friends egging me on weren't helping lol.

ANYWAY..

I look over at the guy, and he is just looking straight. Then the lights go green and he takes off!!!
I'm thinking WTF, so after a bit of delay I take off with loads of wheelspin haha. By this time he was already about 1-2 car lengths ahead of me. I am slowly pulling up to him and am about even or head by the next lights.

Next lights I was totally up for the drag, winded down the window and my mate asked him what he has, said stock and so did my friend. We asked if he wanted to go again, and he said yes.
So it's on, we're waiting for the lights to go green. And when they do, I get a sweet launch and take off. Then I see that he slowed down for some reason. So I slow down in 4th gear, then all of a sudden he comes flying past me lol.

Sorry for the long post, but just wanted to let you all know of my first little race ;)
Wasn't the best one, but still fun.

Weq
27-05-2004, 09:47 PM
shouldnt that of beena kill story??
little b16 eg's are becomming ever so popular latly!

mo
27-05-2004, 09:56 PM
LOSER FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYBY! y0!

Teggy-Vtir
27-05-2004, 10:11 PM
hehe i better watch out for little EGs den
never know wat they've got hidden under that hood

A'PEXi
27-05-2004, 11:36 PM
lol loser flyby :D

btw cat, saw an eg which looked pretty much the same as yours today but a chick was driving it lol... had the full gunmetal rims and everything :D

CAT_SPEW
29-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Haha maybe my mum went for a spin in my car!? lol
I dunno if I can really count it as a kill or not Weq.. :S
And yeh, LOSER FLYBY! haha

Still a good experience for me, won't be doing that too often but, don't feel like loosing my license only after a week of having it, or worse still hurting someone..

I wouldn't mind going to a track day at Willobank or something like that if one gets organised?

CAT_SPEW
29-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Haha maybe my mum went for a spin in my car!? lol
I dunno if I can really count it as a kill or not Weq.. :S
And yeh, LOSER FLYBY! haha

Still a good experience for me, won't be doing that too often but, don't feel like loosing my license only after a week of having it, or worse still hurting someone..

I wouldn't mind going to a track day at Willobank or something like that if one gets organised?

A'PEXi
29-05-2004, 08:12 PM
lol track sounds good, ill go when i get mah nxt car :D

CAT_SPEW
30-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Damn double post..

Yeh hurry up and get your new car:D
Off-topic, but I was at BWCP last night and got my first fine...
Suprisingly it had nohing to do with cars lol, underage drinking in a public place..
That's $225 less for my car :(:(:(

A'PEXi
30-05-2004, 07:14 PM
lol sat nite? i was there, it was packed, where the hell were u?? :P

CAT_SPEW
30-05-2004, 07:37 PM
Yeh it was packed full, got their late so we had to park in the small carkpark to the left of the big one if you look at it from the road if that makes sense.
I was with a bunch of people from the M1 Car Club.

bennjamin
30-05-2004, 10:19 PM
Local law enforcement agency = 1

Mchook = 0

Phat_ciVic
30-05-2004, 10:42 PM
ok my first car was a 93 vr commo wagon, with extractors and lukey sports exhaust, and k&n filter lol, thats all

anyway i pulled up at the lights next to a morone vs commo, the lights went green, i flawed it and by the time i changed to 2nd he had 3 cars on me and just continued to pull away into the distance,

found out the car was known all over town, he twin turboed his 3.8 L engine, blew it and went and got a sillycar motor and twin turboed that, now it goes like a shower of shit, obviously, theres a rumour that he got a letter from the local cops saying that they know his car could get away from them if he wanted, but we know where u live so don't try it. LOL

A'PEXi
31-05-2004, 12:03 AM
whats his plates? :P

Phat_ciVic
31-05-2004, 12:05 AM
dunno, haven't seen it in ages either,

Weq
31-05-2004, 02:54 AM
WOW. a silly car engine? Crazy stuff.
doesnt he rebuild it after every TLGP???

Phat_ciVic
31-05-2004, 11:24 AM
nah i just cant spell cilica the toyota engine
sorry for the missunderstanding

saboteur
31-05-2004, 12:41 PM
CAT_SPEW we are going to Willowbank drags 3rd of July if you wanna come. Wouldn't mind seeing your B16 EG :)

I got owned by my mates '02 Corolla Levin :( (not even Sportivo)

A'PEXi
31-05-2004, 03:06 PM
lol saboteur, they do have abit more power :D

CAT_SPEW
31-05-2004, 04:37 PM
CAT_SPEW we are going to Willowbank drags 3rd of July if you wanna come. Wouldn't mind seeing your B16 EG :)

I got owned by my mates '02 Corolla Levin :( (not even Sportivo)

Yeh I don't think I've got anything on that weekend, so I'll do my best to get there. Should be interesteing to see what I get down the Qtr lol. Might have to take a few things off the car :D

Is i going to be a club cruise over their? Or jsut a few people going?

SIKCVC
08-06-2004, 11:32 PM
OK I might be posting here but i swear i have an excuse :P My friend even said before hand... it doesn't count because I had a passenger :shock:

MY friends VS V6 Supercharged they run a 15.2 stock and he had his pod on. he recons its a bit quicker with the pod. At 120-130km he was half a car length in front. He screamed when i reminded him i had a passenger :P

He'll rape me passenger or not soon, damn pully upgrade and full exhaust :shock:

SIKCVC
08-06-2004, 11:34 PM
oh not to mention my stereo and boot install as well hahaha

SIKCVC
14-06-2004, 06:35 PM
:( was an embarrasment to honda when i lost to a sprinter :( with his wife in the car :( But he did have a lexus V8 in it :shock:

enoch
24-06-2004, 09:18 PM
er...
i lost to dustin the civic with the type r engine?
yeah lets just say i had a hard time keeping up.....

bizee_1
19-07-2004, 04:25 AM
ok, my mates '89 Skyline Silhouette. We chop an Excel, then an old Torana. Then this XY Falcon pulls up at next lights. Green, GOOONE !
Felt like my mate was taking off in 2nd gear. We were happy to be owned by a classic V8 ! :lol:

ECU-MAN
19-07-2004, 07:18 PM
at least you got done by a V8. I got nailed by a 4 bangger :(

dundas
17-08-2004, 12:55 PM
I really dont know what is going on when i was spanked by a stupid charade :( Its ok his car broke down later during the night and stuffed his bearings up.

Dragged one of those newer celicas you know 2000 edition and i was ready he was revving like mad LOL ...had him @ the line -- had a sweeet take off but then he kinda started to move infront of me and gunned it... i cried LOL

I AINT RACING NO MORE COMMIES damn things are quick esp when their 8's hahahaha

das all my losses/

SIKCVC
17-08-2004, 08:53 PM
theres a guy in melbourne with an Xy or somin, its twin turbo... cant remember if its a 6 or 8 though.

dundas
18-08-2004, 01:25 PM
whats an Xy?

ECU-MAN
18-08-2004, 05:02 PM
whats an Xy?

1970's XY Falcon or GT. could be a 6 250 or an V8 302 or 351. these things can be nutts if worked. they won bathurst in the 70's

IRI
20-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Got hammered by an E55 AMG on the week end, I was just surprised that the 60yo couple were willing to give it a go, the guy even initiated the drag.
Merc's own, if I had the money I'd buy a C32!

type one
20-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Got hammered by an E55 AMG on the week end, I was just surprised that the 60yo couple were willing to give it a go, the guy even initiated the drag.

beautiful...i love it... pensioners who like to drag :D

maling
11-10-2004, 07:08 PM

When i had my civic i dragged an AMG E55 too

too quick man

Have you guys ever raced a BMW X5?

they are quick for a two tonne 4WD. I raced one and almost got beat. It took until third gear VTEC to start pulling. so yeah i almost got smashed by a family mover.

Dominik
11-10-2004, 10:40 PM
E55s do 12s stock (current shape). 350kw and unbelievable torque (supercharged 5.5L V8). Its one of the fastest sedans in the world...

My old boss had one, and he took me for a couple of drives in it. I think its the fastest car i've ever been in; but for $220k + onroads, you'd expect it to be fast! He was in his 50s, and he was about to take it to some tuning place which promised 450kw with pulley and ECU change... Only older people can afford one of those, and those that do buy them are rev-heads at heart!

joyride
12-10-2004, 02:34 PM
:( was an embarrasment to honda when i lost to a sprinter :( with his wife in the car :( But he did have a lexus V8 in it :shock:
HEY!!! sprinters arent THAT bad!!

aaronng
12-10-2004, 03:39 PM

Aussie spec sprinters come with 1.6 litre carburettor engine... 2 valves per cylinder.......

panda[cRx]
26-10-2004, 06:35 AM

umm yeah THEY ARE :thumbdwn:

there is a big difference between and aussie sprinter and a jap levin or sprinter. even they arent straight line fast unless modded

94_grey_vtec
26-10-2004, 09:40 AM
funny ass kill story...
i was in my mates fto gpx, cruisin around sunshine. We pulled up to a stock looking and sounding 92 celica. my mate got a good start, but this celica beat him by at least 3 car lengths. we still give him so much shit about that

monstaR
26-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Hi guys,
I just got a integra VtiR about 2 weeks ago, and I just had my first drag with this oldish looking car. Maybe a kingswood, not a torana though.

Hmm.. maybe I should've got that WRX over the teg :x

Mate, don't say that man... it hurts me when a vtec owner wants to change to a rex...... anyway, i believe that with headers exhaust and intake.... you will be able to realise more of the potential of the b18..... trust me have faith in your car.... :thumbsup:

silver_screen
18-11-2004, 01:40 PM
some mofo in a ferrari 360 modena pulled pu next to me... i ws clearly ogling his car... grandpa gives me a grin that kidna sez "work hard in school sonny boy"... neway i grin back and i rev... he laffs, he revs... the next 3 seconds were unreal

The Power
The Torque
The Noise
The Prestige
The Price
The back end of a disappearing green ferrari into the distance...

roflmao thats the funniest thing ive eva read hahahah that happened to me but it was the otherway around.. i wasnt in da civic.. was cruisin on my rx7 lol.. mind u thinks rx runs 11.12 @ 131mph..... shit launch awesome top end.. but yer pretty much same thing old dude was like all u gotta do is study hard and land urself a good job... i was like yerrr woteva gramps... so i just said nahhh i like my rotarys... their faster anywayz.. he laughed at me.. lights went green and it was me who was laughin at the next set of lights lolol

but yer ive lost b4... in my old 180... that car was also fairly worked.. but not like the rotor.. anywayz... here i was drivin to my cousins house i see this awesome purple gemi rock up next to me... V8 ofcourse idling of its nut... and yer i thought y not... should b good to see wot a V8 in a lil car can do... anywayz when he launched he really launched.... front end of the car came off the ground n everything.. he MAULED me... like MAULED not just a few car lenths.. this thing was blocks away by the time i was in 3rd lolll damnnnn after that i sold the 180.. bought the rx7 and a civic hahahah

Snoop_gee
04-12-2004, 04:29 AM
Just recently i had come home afta spending some time with ma gurl ova in NZ. It felt crazi driving ma CRX after cruising around in a 1.5L auto Lancer dayymmmn.

While crusing around on the way back home i see a Turquiose 200SX with this massive cannon tip style exhaust from the back. Some cars u just have a feeling there that it's got a turbs(turbo) even without seeing wats under the hood.

I'm like in no way i am gonna rip it up while passing him cause he's gonna hear it from the rumble from ma exhaust and just shoot off.

So i prolonged the moment just cruising side by side with the rev's down low to keep it quiet as possible.@ times he would slow down waiting for me to pass, and i am like nah nah man u take the road take all of it.

Think think hw r u gonna do this?!?!

Ok i let him go like 5-6 car lengths ahead then i droped the gear and reved it out. Whoooshh!!! i make the pass and i don't even remotely think of slowing down. But as i look in the rear vision mirror those 200sx headlights begin to shine brighter and brighter. Then out from the side it flys past me.

Ok fine second attempt, this time there is traffic build up ahead. In terms of size there r things a gen2 CRX can do that a bigger sports car can't like fit in tight places. And for a moment when i thought i had it, when this 200 had a clear run blew ma doors down.

Searching more power for ma ride
:(

joyride
04-12-2004, 10:10 AM
While crusing around on the way back home i see a Turquiose 200SX with this massive cannon tip style exhaust from the back. Some cars u just have a feeling there that it's got a turbs(turbo) even without seeing wats under the hood. arent all 200sx's turbo?

Phantasm
04-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Well i didnt get killed exactly, but a bit of my pride was lost.
I put my civic vtir manual up against a friends vs v6 auto and we had a dead heat.
This was in a remote location on a large stretch of road, my car is stock except for a home made intake and cannon, and his has extractors, mandrel bent exhaust and wider treadlies. His auto launch matched my launch and we dead even the whole drag through each gear, and this went well into fourth. A quarter mile time would have been identical. Quite a shock for me since ive always beaten aussie 6s, but obviously freeing up there restricive exhaust helps alot with there top end. Lesson learnt.

Sp3rMz
04-12-2004, 03:06 PM
arent all 200sx's turbo?
Not all there were a few s15 non turbos released. Come to think about it same with the s14. NOT many around but.

sivic
05-12-2004, 08:06 PM
all the locally delivered s15's were turbo but there were non turbo s14's and s15 released in japan

Limbo
12-12-2004, 10:03 PM
I've seen some SS V8 take on a GTR skyline and seen even the Skylines get their butts kick. gotta watch those v8s just oo much torque. a friend rebuilding his old V8 Classic and before the rebuild, where he dropped something even bigger v8 5.7 something or rather, it pulled like 12s down the qtr no trouble at all. and the bloody thing is an auto. :confused: Couldn't believe those bloody old crap moved so fast

SIKCVC
12-12-2004, 10:58 PM
I put my civic vtir manual up against a friends vs v6 auto and we had a dead heat.

you should keep practicing your driving technique man. I have an converted SiR and while I know its quicker than a VTiR... I've head-head with my friends VS V6 SC, so you should waste a VS v6.

If you are off though you can get caught off by them... I had a VS V6 keep up with me for a little while once.

Rt!
13-12-2004, 12:18 AM
The autos in the Gen3s are typically faster

anyhow, I pulled a m3 in the other night, but then after I dropped chi off at the mini cruise, I launched at 2.5k and ended up doing a burnout (and consequently losing to a bloody V6 commodore) across the bloody mechano set at bass hill.
:/
anyway street racing sucks ok!

Phantasm
13-12-2004, 09:05 PM
I have beaten around 15 holden and ford v6s, but this one i went against wasnt standard. Also its alot easier when your at a set of lights than someone beepin a horn or waving an arm, if you lose the launch bad it can be tricky.

Im not sure exactly why people have problem with auto v8s, they actually match up quite well. Stock ss' are quicker in the auto form anyway, and much better for the drag. Add a shift kit then PRESTO!! bye bye manual....

SLAVE
14-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Morral of the story... Dont drag Shitters that sound even remotly respectable. If it idles heavily but consistant... DONT BOTHER!!!
True that. I know soooo many red necks that cant afford a decent meal but somehow get a race motor for their beaters.

Civic Type R
15-12-2004, 11:44 AM
lol ..

last nite i was cruising home down the freeway doin about 110 and this VR dunnydoor came flying up my behind and slowly pulled up next to me. I briefly turned my head at their car thinking here we go - full of bogans and carrying on like fools. The driver looked at me at revved his engine and i thought ok then, your on dude !
I shifted down into 4th and we both booted it. I looked at his mates shouting and it was cya.. i pulled a car length every second or so till i put my left hand out the sunroof and gave them a wave till i hit 160. I never saw them after that.
I hope he has an enjoying christmas with Crisco :)

Phantasm
15-12-2004, 05:29 PM
So how exactly did you get killed?? You realise the thread your in?
Im confused :confused:

ECU-MAN
15-12-2004, 08:47 PM
So how exactly did you get killed?? You realise the thread your in?
Im confused :confused:
yeah me 2

this thread is about shame and humiliation. your not ment to post victorys here only shamefull whippings.

Sp3rMz
16-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Think he was jsut too lazy to read the whole thread and assumed it was a kill thread.

Spoon-Accord
29-12-2004, 02:59 PM
ahaha.. ever rocked up next to a stock hubcapped Accord Exi??
i rocked up next to the new BA turbo Ute.. orange.. i knew this thing wasnt stock.. sounded to unstock for me..maybe xorst and filter.. who knows.. he took off.. i was about 1 car behind him.. next lights stopped.. told me to put window down.. ask me.. " hey mate what u done to it?"

i just said" its stock, dads car"

lolz

Priceless

Ken

incoming
31-12-2004, 09:32 AM
']umm yeah THEY ARE :thumbdwn:

there is a big difference between and aussie sprinter and a jap levin or sprinter. even they arent straight line fast unless modded
hahha i think he means sprinters arent that bad in general
check out his profile in VBGarage

Macros
31-12-2004, 10:31 AM
At one of the annual honda drags I kept being lined up with a lotus elise with a k20a. =\

Video should be on here somewhere
http://www.toyperformance.org.nz/hondavstoyota.htm

SIKCVC
03-01-2005, 12:38 AM
lost by about 2-3 car lengths on a worked s15. that was worth it... such a shame i had to listen to tractor sound coming out of it though.

Also lost to my mate's Vs calais SC with 10PSi pully kit, driving mums S14. Had him on launch, kick his arse to the top of first, missed 2nd gear... he nosed ahead i gained on him through 3rd but gave up once the speed got silly.

Mr. Focus
06-01-2005, 10:23 AM
hmmm, well it wasnt a 'i got killed', just got beaten.

was out in brizzo tuesday nite after seeing a flick with the gf, i pulled up at the lights only to have another CRX stopped there. it ws black, had Mugen rims, a mugen kit and an exhaust job (it looked 2.25"). we glanced over mine, i glanced over his. we exchanged words of appreciation of each others rides and enigines. turns out we both had killer d's. the light turned green and we both nailed it. all was good until we hit 3rd, where he started to pull away from me. he didnt get too far, about his ass to my front wheels, and held there. a wins a win though!

DLO01
06-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey Focus, ya should of got rid of your GF passenger and you probably would hav beaten him. ha! Just joking. :thumbsup:

Mr. Focus
06-01-2005, 12:32 PM
hahahaha. thought about it :p. she'd kill me. its a dam long walk back to the sunny coast!

DLO01
06-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Yep, good choice. :thumbsup:

man.exe
07-01-2005, 12:03 AM
I don't know how you guys can "nail it" with your mistresses by your passenger seat. I know I definitly wouldn't gun it, that would scare the lady. While some ladies enjoy a drag, you might've won the little "challenge" but you might've lost respect from your girl.

Mr. Focus
07-01-2005, 07:33 AM
hahahaha, no. she's not a fan of it, but she lets me every now and then. it helps when she gives her approval. is it ok for your gf to race with you in the car??? mine does! she raced a silvia (and won!) in my car

SIKCVC
09-01-2005, 10:17 PM
hahaha you guys need new women... My girl is always telling me to VTEC. She loves it at 8000RPM. She's even loving drifting the 200 now :D CHACHING>>> JACKPOT!!!

joyride
10-01-2005, 02:19 PM
shes telling you to... vtec?