PDA

View Full Version : D16A Import

szmidi
01-09-2006, 04:38 PM
hi guys,

just chasing some info. im about to buy a crx, and is has had the d-series replaced. however the owner claims to have replaced it with a imported engine and hence the odometer reading is much lower. i rang the place that did the swap and they said the d16a is an import, the d16a8 is the aus spec engine. can i get some info and specs on the d16a import engine. is it all still the same, 1.6l dohc, same power and all of that. any specs would be great

cheers

garett
01-09-2006, 05:09 PM
hi guys,

just chasing some info. im about to buy a crx, and is has had the d-series replaced. however the owner claims to have replaced it with a imported engine and hence the odometer reading is much lower. i rang the place that did the swap and they said the d16a is an import, the d16a8 is the aus spec engine. can i get some info and specs on the d16a import engine. is it all still the same, 1.6l dohc, same power and all of that. any specs would be great

cheers

i was allways under the impression that it had te same specs, is this the engine which is also known as the ZC (SI twin cam)

Bayani
01-09-2006, 05:33 PM
it's almost exactly the same, except one revs just a bit higher than the other due to a material substitute.
The revving is not as smooth because of this, but hardly noticable.

If it's the White Gen 2 with a Mugen kit in White Pearl, it's a great car, I've seen it from the previous owner, but I don't know what the new guy has done to it, or how it was driven.

szmidi
01-09-2006, 11:57 PM
its not the zc guys. i basically just want to know im not going to get some slow arse substitute engine in my new car. so i can assume its the exact same as a d16a8 out of an aus crx but it just came from a car in japan and will (according to the owner) has less milage on the engine.

if there is a difference in rev limitations or anything, can post some values

szmidi
02-09-2006, 06:50 PM
does anyone know anything about this?

the mechanic i rang about the issue didnt answer the questions i was asking. he was of no help at all, just spun some shit to me and said goodbye.

thought id have a wealth of knowledge on here

Balistik Motorsports Int
02-09-2006, 11:42 PM
same engine

szmidi
03-09-2006, 12:31 AM
ok cool. same engine. less miles (claimed). thats easy solved. cheers

dtrang
14-11-2006, 12:31 AM
had to check what kind of engine this is lawl saw one selling for 20 bux near my place the D16A8/ZC.. damn i wish i had a use for it could be a summer project or something

Bayani
14-11-2006, 01:25 AM
God; don't expect much fo2 $20 lol