PDA

View Full Version : Engineers report

myvtir2000
02-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a 2000 vtir at the moment and want some more power from a car.

Have been toying with the idea of selling and buying a modified turbo car or bolting a turbo to the civic.

I just wondered how hard it is to get an engineers report(to get the car registered) once the civic has been modified.

Hoping that there are some guys who have had this done, that can shed some light on this query.

Any help would be appreciate.

Regards

Terry

gReY-oNe
02-09-2006, 10:58 PM
there is a thread on a guy askin teh same question well engineerin cert for a turbo
hope this helps the slightest
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29479&highlight=engineer

im sure other with previous experience will help out soon
cheers bao

Twincam16
03-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Just to note, an engineers certificate will not be able to stop you from getting defected, it will just help you clear the defects. It always helps with the nicer cops to show them, and they usually pass this over, however there are pricks out there who love to give us 'street racers' a hard time.

quangsta
04-09-2006, 11:44 AM
depending on the type of mods that you do and how its done will determine how hard it is to get one...if it was something like a stage one turbo kit from avo im pretty sure (not 100%) that engineer cert shouldnt be a problem...this is not to say that its impossible to get an engineer cert. for a massive turbo setup running 300kw+ has been done before...

work out what u wonna do first and talk to someone who knows exactly whats is needed to pass the engineer cert. for that setup.

EGB18CT
04-09-2006, 12:22 PM
well here in melb engineer cert is a crock....its all a money making scam, plus some wont even want to do it. only decent one i have come across is rowan at cartech in richmond...for now my cert has been put on hold for a while...

myvtir2000
04-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info so far.

I will be looking to lower the car and add turbo kit that will pull about 140-50kw atw. I am assuming I will need to upgrade brakes.

I guess I am just wanting to try and do the job properly. If I do all the work and don't get the cert done and have an accident. The insurance co. can easily say that the car was unroadworthy and leave me to pay all the bills. If I can get it done, engineers cert., then I cover myself alot better.

Any other help would be great. Hoping that maybe someone in QLD has gone through this process.

Thanks again

Terry