PDA

View Full Version : Engine Ticking sound

aDe
03-09-2006, 01:03 AM
My 05 Accord done just about 18000kms seems that the engine does make ticking sound quite a lot. Especially when i accelerate and it feels just in 2nd gear i can hear the sound ticking.
Any idea how can i solve the problems?

cheers

aaronng
03-09-2006, 01:58 AM
Use 95 octane first and see if it helps. If you are using 98 octane, then are you sure it's pinging? Pinging sounds like a "ping" sound. It's not really a ticking sound.

aDe
03-09-2006, 03:15 AM
I only use unleaded since new but i filed three or four times max with premium unleaded. Yeah sorry not pinging exactly it's ticking like when you accelerate on low rpm then you can hear it tick tick....

Do you think it needs a tune up aaronng?

aaronng
03-09-2006, 04:34 AM
Not a 05' accord. Your valve clearance check is at 40,000km or 24 months. Your car is still too young. And what do you mean by tune up?

Best is to record the sound on mp3 and post it up. This is what my engine sounds like. Does yours sound the same? http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=BAA88F042E69F6EE

aDe
03-09-2006, 12:49 PM
It isn't like that at all, man that's a very noisy ticking is that the valve that made the noise?

Mine is not like that i meant yeah it sound like that but only a little bit when i start the car in the morning but i meant the problem in this is that when i drive the car just normally and when you feel like you want to accelerate then you put down the pedal slowly and when the rpm is coming up you can hear slighty tick tick tick and then gone,,,
By tune up meant: changing spark plugs, reset the timing check ignition point etc etc
But mine is only 18000kms

cheers

aDe
03-09-2006, 12:53 PM
I really should say it's ping sound, it's almost similar when my rex running too much boost on dyno sort of like that. Sorry i'm stupid explaining this :P

aaronng
03-09-2006, 12:54 PM
It isn't like that at all, man that's a very noisy ticking is that the valve that made the noise?

Mine is not like that i meant yeah it sound like that but only a little bit when i start the car in the morning but i meant the problem in this is that when i drive the car just normally and when you feel like you want to accelerate then you put down the pedal slowly and when the rpm is coming up you can hear slighty tick tick tick and then gone,,,
By tune up meant: changing spark plugs, reset the timing check ignition point etc etc
But mine is only 18000kms

cheers
Your spark plugs should be iridium ones, good for 100,000km. The timing and ignition are controlled by the ECU, you don't have a distributor, so it wouldn't have strayed from the correct settings.

Have you checked if you have a leaf or something in your air filter? Oil changes carried out according to schedule?

Take a vid or mp3, that would be the best way to diagnose what you have.

aDe
03-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Thx, I think it's a bit hard for me to record the sound coz the ping sound it's in the engine and i don't think my recorder/mp3 can take that.
Air filter still good nothing dirty, oil change carry every 5000kms

Do you think if i bring it to honda it would be covered by warranty?
coz i everytime i accelerate and heard that sound it affects the performance aswell.

aaronng
03-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Thx, I think it's a bit hard for me to record the sound coz the ping sound it's in the engine and i don't think my recorder/mp3 can take that.
Air filter still good nothing dirty, oil change carry every 5000kms

Do you think if i bring it to honda it would be covered by warranty?
coz i everytime i accelerate and heard that sound it affects the performance aswell.
Yes, it would be covered under warranty. Get your car back to the dealer as quick as possible, and go for a test drive with the technician to show the problem. Don't just leave the car there without showing them.