PDA

View Full Version : eibach pro-street full coilover kits

panda[cRx]
03-09-2006, 12:39 PM
has anyone had any experience with them?

i'm on the market for some coilovers for me panda (ef9 crx) and i'm looking outside the standard tein option. don't mind spending a few bucks but i cant see myself spending +$2k like a few people on here. on paper eibach looks like a decent option however afaik i dont know anyone personally that uses them.

also i asked a while back as to whether anyone has had experience with the skunk2 full coilover kits and didnt get a single reply.... anyone used em since then?

thanks

Slow96GSR
03-09-2006, 05:26 PM
1 word for you bud... Edelbrock. They use the Eibach spring with their own designed shock. This made an awesome strut assembly. They just released this year the CRX kit. I have these on my car and love them. I don't know retail right off hand but I think I paid $600USD including shipping. Install time is about 30 minutes each. Really easy, nice and simple to set up with all hardware and tools to adjust included.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/sport_compact/shocks_suspension.html

panda[cRx]
03-09-2006, 09:15 PM
u have pm dude...

*BUMP*

egSi
03-09-2006, 10:17 PM
i can get edelbrock loz.

get some ksports anyways :thumbsup:

panda[cRx]
03-09-2006, 10:51 PM
i can get edelbrock too trav, hence my sudden interest in them ;)

Chris_F
03-09-2006, 10:54 PM
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/sport_compact/images/shocks/shock_callouts.jpg

a pic from the link.

a cool thing about the design is that when you adjust the 'perch' to be lower the spring rate is actually INCREASED, normally it's decreased which is bad because the lower you are the less shock travel you have (non dual height adjust coilover) and with a softer spring rate theres more chance of bottoming out.

vote +1 for edlebrock

string
04-09-2006, 05:25 AM
Err.. How exactally does the spring rate increase?

Slow96GSR
04-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Because you loosen the spring on an Edelbrock system which is the opposite of others that compress the spring.

Also:

http://www.strathlan.com/CMS/images/Performance2/SpringRate.JPG

Got to love my mad MS Paint skillz!!

If my calcs are close, with out measuring exactly, the fronts have a rate of about 500 and the rears of about 350. But I didn't rush outside at 5 am to whip out the calipers and go to the .0001" to be precise. PM if you want me to.

string
04-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Yes but compressing a spring does not change it's spring rate (assuming linear through travel)

And also, in the end, the only thing compressing the spring will be the corner weight of the car. No matter how much you loosen it, it will still be under the same force, and be compressed to the same length.

preludacris
04-09-2006, 11:19 PM
are these sold for prelude ?

doesnt look like the spring is progressive tho ...

but yeah .. what kinda prices in AUD sold by our traders? panda? trav ?

Slow96GSR
05-09-2006, 02:12 AM
Sorry no Preludes yet. Just Civic, CRX, Del Sol, Intgra, and only 88-01 models. I would expect more if not all models to be covered in the next few years. I believe retail on these is just over $600USD. I haven't sold a set for a while as most suspension we do uses Penske.

barefootbonzai
05-09-2006, 11:43 AM
that's funky looking. wouldn't mind giving them a whirl.

panda[cRx]
05-09-2006, 12:56 PM
^ i'll most likely give em a go, i'll do a write up on em if/when it happens.

Steer^Gimic
07-09-2006, 10:38 PM
i may have missed it, but does it state the spring rate on the edelbrock coilovers.

this would be considered a height adjustable only coilover correct??

panda[cRx]
11-09-2006, 01:05 PM
yeah only height adjustable

and i'm not gonna give em a go so everyone please stop pm'ing me asking :p

preludacris
11-09-2006, 10:46 PM
haha
fark man , get all our hopes up n shit

im guessing these coilovers would prolly be the equivelent to TEIN BASIC.

coilovers for ppl with a budget. I think the'yd be pretty successful if any of u traders are thinking about marketing them to us .... :D

Slow96GSR
12-09-2006, 02:21 AM
These are nothing like the Teins. IMO they are better, I know, I have these. They have more adjustments then just the height which you all would know if you went to the website and read. The people who know this stuff aren't always going to do a big write up for you, you need to know how to use links to gain the knowledge yourself. Not hard people. Sorry for my rant, here's some info and a LINK!!

"Performer IAS Adjustable Coilover Shock Absorbers (http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/sport_compact/shocks_suspension.html)

-Absolutely the Most Advanced, Best Performing Shock Available Today
-Specifically Tuned for Each Application
-More Responsive Handling and a Comfortable Ride
-Same Mono-Tube Construction Used in Racing Shocks
-Limited Lifetime Warranty

Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks with the patented RICOR Inertia Active System (IAS) revolutionize the way shocks are designed. This ground-breaking IAS technology is combined with a matched rate Eibach spring and tuned to function as a combination. Edelbrock IAS Adjustable Coilover Shocks allow you to set your ride height from stock to 2.5" lower while providing exceptional grip and handling with greater ride comfort. Available individually or in complete sets of four that contains everything necessary for a bolt-on installation. "

Retail price is over $600USD + S&H.

muhhan
17-09-2006, 07:14 PM
I know this is a little off topic but...

Slow96GSR, is US$600 expensive for a set of coilovers compared to others on the market in the US. I just did the currency conversion and it works out to only be around AUS$800. That's damn cheap! Even if I had to pay AUS$400+ to get them over here, a set of coilovers for around $1200 brand new...well need I say more?
I checked out the website and it looks like they aren't your typical coilovers that you see from other manufacturers, but the spring is matched so they would function well together.
Do eibach especially make the springs for edelbrock, as in are they proprietary characteristics? Do you know how these compare to koni yellows and eibach sports springs, as that seems to be a popular combination with other Civic owners? How is the ride quality (ie. comfort, stiffness, etc.)? I take it handling would be top notched, true? Thanks for your experiences.

Slow96GSR
18-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Well $600USD is the wholesale price and was in my big book of receipts so that's where that price came from. I don't know retail off hand and being a Sunday I'm not at the shop nor am I going in because then I'll have to stay! But the average for a set of four good struts is $750USD to $1000USD. The Eibach springs are matched to the Edelbrock IAS shocks so no others would work. The ride is the best I have ever had and anyone who rides in my car wants the setup. They think I have all my money in the suspension when all I have is the struts and some Energy Suspension bushings, nothing else, and I don't even have the master kit on, just the trailing arms and motor done. They are just stiff enough to do the job yet loose enough for a smooth ride.

In comparison I can’t say much as this is the only good setup I have had on my car. I had some cheapy lowwering springs but gave those away when I got my Edelbrocks. Each car is different but so far I like the Edelbrocks the best from what other cars have felt like when I have driven them. And the install is so easy. They literally drop in and bolt up. No swapping parts from the stock struts. Here’s the steps: Open the box, pull them out and drool over them, lift car, pull out stock struts, drop in Edelbrocks, bolt them up, drop car, and drive. It took me one hour to do all of them and set ride height. The best part is we dropped it to the height I had my cheap springs at so I didn’t need an alignment, but we checked it to be sure.

Shiping to AUS 2009 from Colorado USA 80920:

60 pounds, 14" x 14" x 28", $600USD customs and insurance

Fedex: $600USD 1 week
UPS: $500USD 1.5 weeks
USPS/Mail: $400USD 1 week

A good shop should be able to drop ship this from Edelbrock so you wouldn't have to pay shipping from Edelbrock to them just Edelbrock to you. Most shops don't tell you this because they want to pocket the shipping charge even though they do the drop shippment. Shipping from Edelbrock to me was $160USD.

DreadAngel
09-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Lol, blast from the past...