PDA

View Full Version : what type of muffler should i get for my 98 honda accord LOL

MrVi3t
04-09-2006, 04:22 PM
hey i recently got a 98 honda accord 2.3L vti automatic, im a car noob so i dont know much and i was wondering if i could get some help...i need a new muffler and i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on wat type of muffler i should get...or should i go for an exhaust? im not too sure..lol but if any1 has any suggestions please post them..thanks

cool_filo
04-09-2006, 11:27 PM
imo auto doesnt suit muffler, go manual man :D nd then exhaust it!

sports06
04-09-2006, 11:43 PM
depends what you want out of it, if you just want to replace the old one the exhaust shop will tell you what kind you need, if yuo want something with a better/louder sound then there is lots of different kinds.
if you are doing it for getting better performance then get full exhaust (wont get much gains but still get a little bit). im not sure what the gains would be like on an auto though.

civic_mods
07-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Just stick to the muffler,rather then full exhaust(as u said u need new muffler)

Just replace the old shxt= Stock muffler
Some sort of sound=Twin loop or oval muffler
Damn LOUND=Cannon muffler

[ricer]
07-09-2006, 01:34 PM
my mate has a nice tanabe hyper medalion on his accord
looks 10000x better and is just a tad deeper then a stock muffler

i love it

SiReal
07-09-2006, 02:44 PM
This is what I want...drools. but I dont want the sound. just the look
Sorry about the size but linked direct to their website

I want LINE 4 POSITION 2.

http://www.remus.at/car.jpg

Dray_Templar
08-09-2006, 08:55 AM
aww i want one of each... and a car to match each one. lol Lucifer is aloud to dream. ;) :P

Vinnie
08-09-2006, 04:31 PM
a connon is pretty pointless coz its jus really loud and draws cops attention which u prob dont want... im gussing the remus ones are for the tips only but everyone knows exhaust tips = +10kw atw ;) still nice but yeah there are quite a few options for a muffler that will sound better than stock but nowhere near as extreme as a cannon... imo its not worth gettin a full exhaust system for that car but it all depend wat ur after and how much u have to spend really :)

n/a
08-09-2006, 05:09 PM
cannon + auto = droney sound..:thumbdwn:

if you want to change the stock exhaust get a remus axle back like SiReal was suggesting, it'll add the aftermarket look and remus exhausts don't have that deep drone note to it but still give you that louder note.

though they don't come keep cheap.

civicCXI
08-09-2006, 05:18 PM
I agree with SiReal, get remus....get the dual tip, make ur car looks classy

MrVi3t
08-09-2006, 10:46 PM
alright cool...thanks for the posts guys...was alotta help now i just gotta decide wat muffler to get i was planning to get an exhaust..would be a waste since the car is auto...so yea...thanks again..peace...