PDA

View Full Version : Question about rims

IAMVTEC
04-09-2006, 05:25 PM
I have a 06 Civic VTI with steel rims(stock), I checked and its held in place by 5 wheel nuts. Would I be able to fit aftermarket rims and tyres with 4 wheelnut holes onto my one??? thanks

ACTI0NMAN-1
04-09-2006, 05:31 PM
''no''

dc2dc2dc2
04-09-2006, 05:38 PM
''no''

what he said.

AmateurJazz
04-09-2006, 05:45 PM
You can get an aftermarket hub with 5 stud pattern holes and 4 stud pattern bolts, which sits on your rotors and will then allow you to fit 4 stud wheels. Not sure about the legality of these things, let alone the additional strain it may cause to your bearings.

Zdster
04-09-2006, 05:53 PM
A few points:
1. No. You are unable to put 4 stud rims on a 5 stud setup.
2. The legality of aftermarket hubs is very iffy and unless you had them engineered (at considerable cost) I would not run them.

Within the wheel industry there are a number of wheel manufacturers who make similar looking wheels, so if you like a particular style you should be able to find a similar shape with a different brand.

kj887
04-09-2006, 08:52 PM
impossible to put 4 nuts rims onto a 5 nuts car. n i dont think u can transfer ur stock 5 nuts brake disc system to a 4 nuts one, too waste. but i think 5 nuts will be better than 4 nuts in my opinions.

sassy_fit_vtit
04-09-2006, 09:01 PM
absolutly not..

dw there are more 5stud designs then 4 stud..

Zdster
04-09-2006, 09:34 PM
impossible to put 4 nuts rims onto a 5 nuts car. n i dont think u can transfer ur stock 5 nuts brake disc system to a 4 nuts one, too waste. but i think 5 nuts will be better than 4 nuts in my opinions.

Its not the 'nuts' that are the issue, rather the 'studs'.

You would be able to transfer the brakes over, but you would have to redrill the discs.

Furthermore, a five lug setup is not necessarily and better than a four lug.

SiReal
04-09-2006, 10:14 PM
not directed at you but the idea itself

- remember back in kinder when you tried to put a triangle block into a sqaure hole? I would've thought such a simple concept would've been thoroughly understood and possibilities eliminated.

Paul1985
04-09-2006, 10:22 PM

- remember back in kinder when you tried to put a triangle block into a sqaure hole? I would've thought such a simple concept would've been thoroughly understood and possibilities eliminated.
lol!! i found that hilarious.

5-lug is better than 4-lug IMO.
Have you checked the wheel your after doesnt come in 5-lug aswell?

Nice car :thumbsup:
Im sure you can find a good 5-lug wheel for it.

SiReal
04-09-2006, 10:27 PM
5 lug wheels are common as. u'll have no probs picking up a set.

Mst_Mugen
05-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Agree!!

aaronng
05-09-2006, 10:40 AM

Chuckle http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/kekekegay.gif

krogoth
05-09-2006, 01:08 PM
if u have 5 stud rims stok, dont go down to four

1. its unsafe, as mentioned some kind of cover will have to placed over axle to convert it to 4 stud and then some drilling for the brakes to fit again and lots of other messy stuff

2. it will also be very unsafe because the bolts will be shorter and there will be one less, therefore more chance of something going wrong, like ur fully sik rim falling off, lol

3. a modification like that is asking to be defected

lastly, changing a 5 stud setup to a 4 stud setup and vice versa is comparable to getting an angle grinder to shorten ur springs..........low rider,wooooooooo