PDA

View Full Version : integra rear speaker depth

solitz
05-09-2006, 12:39 AM
hey guys
just wanted to know...does anyone know the maximium depth of the rear speakers in a DC4?
im looking in the market for new rear speakers and im kinda limited if the depth is very shallow. is it possible to may any speaker fit in the rear with spacers? (in a DC4 mind you ;))
for any DC2/4 owner out there reading this... what 6.5" speakers have you been able to install in the rear of the car without too much structural rework.

arron
05-09-2006, 01:31 AM
i believe that the rear's take 6'' and the fronts take 6.5''. That's wot ive come to learn while reading past posts about dc2/4 speaker sizes. Search it up and you'll find some useful info around

Slow96GSR
05-09-2006, 03:51 AM
6.5" all around. The depth is sooooo deep I don't think there is a 6.5" that could bottom out so I wouldn't worry. I could go measure it but I know it's more than 6 inches deep.

solitz
05-09-2006, 04:25 PM
ah so do u think its possible to place alpine SPS-17C2 6.5" inch speakers in the back and i just wanted to know if depth was an issue. so im gonna assume that these speakers will fit? or is there a rear speaker that most DC2/4 owners use that are good and dosnt create hassles for installation?

coz i knew that the fronts were an issue which is why someone installed my focals for me (not game enough with the front DIY ;))

Chronos
05-09-2006, 04:30 PM
The DC has a funny plastic bracket which mounts directly into the body via three screws. this bracket has room for a 6inch speaker ONLY. you will not fit a 6.5 in in without cutting it up. trust me, speaker depth isnt an issue. I have mounted an 2ch alpine V12 amp directly next to the speaker.

What you could do is fabricate your own bracket from MDF (or similar) which mounts to the original screw holes. by doing this i have mounted alpine type R splits in the back of my DC. This bracket i have made holds the main driver, tweeter and crossover network; whilst still mounting in the original position. no cutting or drilling of your car is required.

If you want further information or pictures, ask and ill post them up.

solitz
05-09-2006, 04:43 PM
6" speaker only...ok
do u mind posting some pics up so i have an idea of what type of bracket ill need to fabricate as i am very interested in putting these alpine 6.5" speakers in the back

teaseR
20-09-2006, 10:50 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52066&highlight=dc2+rear+speaker