PDA

View Full Version : Engine Flush???

nuborn
05-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi,

i'm just wondering wat people kno about engine flush, wat is a good one to use and how and wehn to use it? i'm thinking i'd like to flush mine because i dont kno if it ever has been and with my next oil change coming up i figure i can do that and a flush at the same time.

cheers,

James

aaronng
05-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Don't bother flushing with flushing oils. Flushing oils are very thin and they can get metal particles inside the bearings and journals.

It's alright to flush with a bottle of FEO though. Just use FEO, drive around for a few days and then change to fresh oil

nuborn
05-09-2006, 12:18 PM
ok cheers, where do u get FEO and wat exactly is it? i'm in hobart, so autobarn, supercheap etc any of those places b good for it?

|N|
05-09-2006, 01:07 PM
ok cheers, where do u get FEO and wat exactly is it? i'm in hobart, so autobarn, supercheap etc any of those places b good for it?

FEO = honda oil....

my local honda parts and services sells them for $25

aaronng
05-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Yup, what |N| said. It's Honda's standard 10w-30 oil. At $25, you can just run it for a few days, flush it and then put your usual oil. But Honda FEO is pretty good, it's better than all the other mineral oils out there.