PDA

View Full Version : fiderglass door pods

mojo the flashy monkey
19-05-2004, 08:46 PM
hey im thinking of makin some custom door pods for my 88 civic gl cos the doors arnt the best looking thing:P
dose any 1 know wat the best way 2 do the door pods would be so there identical? and any 1 got a tutorial on how 2 do it lol im a nooby. any advise welcom long as its good :D

[[d a n n y]]
19-05-2004, 09:06 PM
when u have an accident ur gonna die..

it's gonna cut through u

not advisable..

Javed
19-05-2004, 09:16 PM
what the? ok.......

Head on over to www.caraudioaustralia.com and in the technical articles section there is a door pod tutorial. Good luck!

madgrk
19-05-2004, 09:18 PM
]]when u have an accident ur gonna die..

it's gonna cut through u

not advisable..

ROFL WDF.. Relax man..

Anyway for an easier solution, just go to a local car audio shop and buy some pre-made pods for speakers. They come in heaps of sizes and look alright too. My GF's brother bought some for his car and they look pretty good actually :) They're also covered in a vinyl (he got white), which looks good too :thumbsup:

SIKCVC
19-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Um yeah I got a tutorial thing i made up :P its pretty ok and it just plays on my newbiness as i had NO experience with the stuff and now The options of what i could do with it are limitless. A few guys on here have tried it and they havn't asked for more help, either its really confusing and SHIT or it was helpful :P I can email it to you if you want, no pictures or anything but You shouldn't need them... if you do I can attach pics of my sub boxes (i didn't take fotos of my pods as they were rear pods for my 6x9s and I had to make them in a couple of hours before a cruise, but the theory between them is there and the thing i wrote should help.

SIKCVC
19-05-2004, 09:28 PM
The only problem with that theo $$$ I saw em at autobarn and coz i'd never buy something i can make unless its cheaper, i dont know how much they are worth but HOLLY CRAP. $149 for something that'd cost $50 to make a pair off or 70ish to make 2 pair In what ever shape or style you want... not to mention it fits your door a treat and you could put a side pocket thing on there too.

If your intimidated about ****ing up and loosing the $50 just buy em... it is WAY easy...

[[d a n n y]]
19-05-2004, 09:29 PM

it's gonna cut through u

not advisable..

ROFL WDF.. Relax man..

Anyway for an easier solution, just go to a local car audio shop and buy some pre-made pods for speakers. They come in heaps of sizes and look alright too. My GF's brother bought some for his car and they look pretty good actually :) They're also covered in a vinyl (he got white), which looks good too :thumbsup:

oh shit...

door speaker pods...

**** i though acutally fibregalls door...

sorry dude my bad.. :oops:

Chi
19-05-2004, 09:29 PM

it's gonna cut through u

not advisable..

LOL Danny not everyone here drives as crazy as you :P

madgrk
19-05-2004, 09:30 PM
lol I thought there was something wrong with your answer rofl...

Its ok we forgive you :nod:

mojo the flashy monkey
19-05-2004, 09:46 PM
lol :S crazy nar but i dont think id be able 2 buy door pods that would fit such a old car well hrm i guess ill be makin my own then hehe weres my dad:P
the only thing i dont know bout is how do i fit the speaker on 2 the fiberglass and fiberglass to the door

SIKCVC
19-05-2004, 10:07 PM
UUUMMMM PM me your Email dude and I'll sent you that Email :P hahaha All the Mounting is done with MDF the fibreglass just fills the gaps and makes the shape :P

And the door pods you buy are universal they should fit any door.

Usual Suspect
20-05-2004, 03:13 PM
i got sikcvc's tutorial but havent had a chance to work on my stuff yet. Im thinking maybe tomorrow i might get my ass down to a hardware store and get some materials, and finsih my 6x9 stuff. Im so lazy and so poor.

FHRX have some door pods as well, dont know about prices though.