PDA

View Full Version : Civic 2006 Boot Under Lid protector

kikks9
05-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Hi Guys & Gals :wave: :wave: :wave: ,

My first post in this forum, I have been lurking around and wanted to register but the site was offline :).

I was just wondering, I noticed that there is no protection for the lights connectors, wires etc under the boot lid. I have seen my mate's Camry and he had a protective cover under his boot lid. I guess this would make a lot of sense, I enquired about this with the service department and they said that the car does not come with one. I was just wondering if anybody who has bought a honda civic 2006 have the protective covering under the lid?

Thanks everybody !!!
CJ

chylld
05-09-2006, 10:13 PM
it's called the trunk lid insulator, we don't get one in australia, but you can order one from collegehillshonda in america: http://collegehillshonda.com/civicsedan/2006_interior.htm

it only costs US$72.44, and there's a podcast up on that site showing how it's installed, but the shipping cost is going to be quite prohibitive.

i've already been talking to the collegehillshonda people about it (i was the one who gave them the idea of doing a podcast about it) and it seems best that we try to organise a group buy or something to help reduce the ouch of the shipping. wonder how many of us are interested?

kikks9
05-09-2006, 10:27 PM
cool... thanks.. at least that cleared this up......i have one word for Honda.....b@st@rds

Icic ...i dont mind getting it with you... i wonder how much s+h will cost and how do we pay them ???

:)

thanks again !!

dyljoy
05-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Sounds it would help protect the wire thing a lot, if possible, i don't mind get one as well, but atm, I still waiting for my car, hoho, what a sad story

TurBIce
05-09-2006, 10:33 PM
I woudl like one too when my civic does arrive.
i think you can buy it in japan too~
i wonder if it would b cheaper~

dyljoy
05-09-2006, 11:23 PM
and maybe get faster shipping from jp~ha

xiaohung
06-09-2006, 10:16 PM
does this insulator thingy fits our civic? considering usdm civic got different front and rear end from what we have.

chylld
06-09-2006, 11:19 PM
well i chatted to the collegehillshonda dude and compared pics of our boot to theirs and it seems like it'll match up just fine. won't be a definite yes until we actually try it, of course.

shipping from japan/malaysia would probably be cheaper yeah... i'll go post on some malaysia/singapore forums later and find out if they have it on any of their models, and if they can order it as an accessory.

dyljoy
07-09-2006, 12:20 AM
thx, bro

bozoxp
07-09-2006, 05:58 PM
my civic comes with that bit (on the bit that opens) stock though.

and i cant find the cover (inside the boot) on college hill.

hmm

chylld
07-09-2006, 08:17 PM
my civic comes with that bit (on the bit that opens) stock though.

and i cant find the cover (inside the boot) on college hill.

hmm

it's the very first one on that page. here's a direct link to the pic of it: http://collegehillshonda.com/storeart/8thgensedan/insulatorkit.jpg

is ur civic an 06?

bozoxp
07-09-2006, 11:18 PM
it's the very first one on that page. here's a direct link to the pic of it: http://collegehillshonda.com/storeart/8thgensedan/insulatorkit.jpg

is ur civic an 06?
yup i'm definitely positive that mine has that.

its an 06, 2.0l

but i'm in nz, so maybe its different here

chylld
08-09-2006, 08:13 AM
wow lucky you bozoxp! i guess the nz market gets a 'more finished' civic than we do in aus (and at 10% cheaper prices too)

it's got me thinking - perhaps there's a dealer (or accessories dealer) in nz that can post them over? it'd be much cheaper than shipping them in from the US...

08-09-2006, 09:55 AM
You can buy the boot underliner at your local Honda spare parts department in Australia. The part comes of the Civic Hybrid, so you will need to use that part No. which the dealer should know. The tricky part is if you want to fit the two protector that cover the arms that holds the boot. In order to fit them you will need to dill a hole in the arm so that the clip can plug into it.
But, once done the car really does look finised off.
Parts needed to conduct this modification....
1 x Boot underliner
2 x Arms protector (i don't it's actual name)
10 or 14 x clips (10 for the Boot underliner and not sure if the protector comes with it or not, if not then it's another 4 clips, i just can't seem to remember)
Hope this info helps......

xiaohung
08-09-2006, 12:03 PM
i went to honda today and asked them about this boot underliner, they said they don't have it. or should i get back to them and say it comes in civic hybrid.

thanks for the info 0138

08-09-2006, 09:15 PM
No problems...

chylld
09-09-2006, 09:02 AM
cheers for the info 0138! definitely saves on shipping costs, let's just hope that aussie honda dealers don't rip us off too much for the cost of the actual trim pieces.

xiaohung
11-09-2006, 08:17 PM
i just got the price from them today.

they told me arround $355 for the complete set.(austral honda) brisbane

includes:
- boot underliner
- plastic covers for both arms
- clips

chylld
11-09-2006, 08:25 PM
good work finding out the price.

it seems quite expensive though compared to the US$72.44 (AU$96.05) collegehillshonda charges...

wassup
12-09-2006, 06:39 PM
i just got the price from them today.

they told me arround $355 for the complete set.(austral honda) brisbane

includes:
- boot underliner
- plastic covers for both arms
- clips

Did you happen to quote or get a part number for the above items?

Maybe someone can see how much itll be a trade prices.

xiaohung
13-09-2006, 12:59 AM
nah.. i didn't get any quote or part number for those items.
i thought so it's a bit expensive.

DGN60Y
09-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Sorry guys not really on the forum alot but for ppl who are still interested in the trunk lid protector thingy its the same as the HYBRID so it is available in your local dealer

if u need help visit larke hoskins homebush

danny_mart
24-08-2007, 01:59 PM
there was recall on all civics and they got placed in for free

Shimian
24-08-2007, 03:04 PM
If you have sport, you get it for free. Just go ask your dealer. I got mine done but the hinges cost like $20 each

dmx
24-08-2007, 05:34 PM
there was recall on all civics and they got placed in for free

ah better not put on mine.otherwise my baby pram won't fit ;)

Shimian
24-08-2007, 06:43 PM
ah better not put on mine.otherwise my baby pram won't fit ;)

serious? boot space is quite big for the civic. You must have quads or your pram must be a MDX :p

chylld
24-08-2007, 08:15 PM
If you have sport, you get it for free. Just go ask your dealer. I got mine done but the hinges cost like $20 each

here's a photo of my receipt... first 2 items and last item are the relevant items...

http://temp.jw.id.au/bootlidreceipt.jpg

dmx
24-08-2007, 08:42 PM
serious? boot space is quite big for the civic. You must have quads or your pram must be a MDX :p
yeah, when my baby pram in, only 1/4 depth left, 1/4 at each sideand height is full
:confused::confused:

Shimian
24-08-2007, 08:47 PM
here's a photo of my receipt... first 2 items and last item are the relevant items...

http://temp.jw.id.au/bootlidreceipt.jpg

Yea, i didnt mind paying for the hinges. It looks complete

et76
24-08-2007, 11:27 PM
hi, this is my first post... i saw these at this website from singapore,
http://www.sgcarstyling.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=98

its both the insulator and hinges for just SGD114.

maybe it will be cheaper to ship from singapore??

whmok
19-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Yea, i didnt mind paying for the hinges. It looks complete

Hi guys,
I'm new from here. nice to meet you guys.

I've got mine one for free when last time I go to do my 10,000km service in honda. I'm having a Civic sport

dmx
19-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi guys,

I've got mine one for free when last time I go to do my 10,000km service in honda. I'm having a Civic sport

yeah, it's always free for the most expensive civic sold :D

Shimian
19-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi guys,

You got the hinges for free too? Maybe its free now. But when they first announced it, boot cover was free but not the hinges

JaCe
19-09-2007, 10:54 PM
I didn't hear anything about the hinges.

Datuk
19-09-2007, 11:33 PM
same here mate!

ozR18
19-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Ahh damn..i ordered mine from the dealer recently, and when i finally got them to fix it..the holes did not match.

...so i went back, i told them..those holes dont match (plastic protector and the boot hinges)..he said i didnt specify the make year of my car(2006 vti) when i ordered mine (apparently its only fitting for 2007 models)...so i guess my fault and im stuck with the hinges and the screws. but im confuse..why is it different? someone shed some light

They apparently are different ..the 2006 and the 2007..according to the parts manager.

oniononline
20-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Ahh damn..i ordered mine from the dealer recently, and when i finally got them to fix it..the holes did not match.

...so i went back, i told them..those holes dont match (plastic protector and the boot hinges)..he said i didnt specify the make year of my car(2006 vti) when i ordered mine (apparently its only fitting for 2007 models)...so i guess my fault and im stuck with the hinges and the screws. but im confuse..why is it different? someone shed some light

They apparently are different ..the 2006 and the 2007..according to the parts manager.

If I'm you, I would go back and tell them that as a customer, I have no idea if there is any difference or not, but you as a dealer, you should know the difference and you must tell the customer and ask which year they want due to different specs. Unless you asked for 2007. If they still refuse to exchange, don't bother talking to them and file a case with consumer affair straight away,just say the product does not suit for its purpose, you have the right to exchange if the product is undamaged, then both consumer affair and your dealer will call you about the exchange/refund. : ) Good luck.

Shimian
20-09-2007, 09:32 AM
The hinge protector are the same for all models. They just put it against the hinge and drill a hole for the screws.

http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/13.JPG

http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/14.JPG

ozR18
20-09-2007, 12:33 PM
man....why cudnt they just say so...now if briing it back and say to them, that they've got to drill it and bla bla..im gonna look like an idiot to them..caz its obvious they have got no clue on wats this whole business is all about.

Being in perth, i reckon not many has done this before unlike u guys over in the east. hence less awareness!

Shimian thanks for the pics.

chylld
20-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Scott's Honda Artarmon had to drill my hinges to get the hinge covers on, however they didn't charge me for it. then again, they didn't clean up the drill shavings from my boot either...

perhaps try another dealer, they might be more receptive if you tell them you're dissatisfied with your original dealer?

whmok
21-09-2007, 12:48 PM
You got the hinges for free too? Maybe its free now. But when they first announced it, boot cover was free but not the hinges

yea i have both the front and rear for free

chylld
21-09-2007, 09:05 PM
yea i have both the front and rear for free

front and rear... are we still talking about boot hinges??

Shimian
21-09-2007, 09:12 PM
lol, hes lost me

whmok
24-09-2007, 02:03 PM
front and rear... are we still talking about boot hinges??

I mean the one under the bonnet

Shimian
24-09-2007, 07:32 PM
I mean the one under the bonnet

what did u get for free for under the bonnet? Are you talking about the lining under the bonnet?

amurray
25-09-2007, 08:45 PM
hey mate... OH server going hella slow.. dont kno why... anyways... i have a spare one... i bought 2 after my failed fiberglassing attemtnt on the origonal... u can buy from honda.. there about 20 buks... Cheap.. but u will need all the clips... costs me 90 buks for 2 and all the clips..