PDA

View Full Version : xenons flickering.. why?

unluvedboi
06-09-2006, 12:39 AM
hey everyone.. i've had my aftermarket xenons for a year and abit now. Ive recently changed the ballister [ i think its called ] on one side as it was blown, which is the side thats flickering now. It didnt happen right away when i changed it, about 2 months after?

Anyways.. is it becuase the connections aren't proper secured [ becuase i've disconnected and connected it back ] or something else is the probem?

Thanks in advance and any suggestion would be great. :p :p

Mst_Mugen
06-09-2006, 08:54 AM
hmmm... i think there is a chance it might acutally be the bulb itself... im not too sure though... :o

jamchen
06-09-2006, 09:26 AM
why u changed ur ballst? did u make sure it wasn't a blown out bulb? flickering on aftermarket HID is quite common,..its due to the unstable power from the harness... what u can do is, and for ur car's safety aswell.. get these HID harness to connect to the ballsts from ur power source...
so say ur low beam is 9006 (HB4), u buy the HID harness for HB4, connect the harness to ur HB4 plug, then connect to ur ballst then the HID bulbs...

mrwillz
06-09-2006, 10:09 AM
i fink bulb itself
my car got into a li laccident and one side kept turning on/off. it was the bulb itself not being 'str8' nemore.
sorry im not that technical about it...
well neway jus changed a whole new set and its ok!

did u change both sides at the same time?

unluvedboi
06-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Jamchen - thanks for the advice, much appreciated =] also, i checked it was the ballister as my mate swapped it from the Rh side to the Lh side.

unluvedboi
06-09-2006, 10:17 AM
i fink bulb itself
my car got into a li laccident and one side kept turning on/off. it was the bulb itself not being 'str8' nemore.
sorry im not that technical about it...
well neway jus changed a whole new set and its ok!

did u change both sides at the same time?

Nah, i only changed one side [blown ballister] and then two months after, then it started to flicker. :(

saxman
06-09-2006, 01:43 PM
First off, my apologize for how harsh this may come across.

The problem is you bought a cheap aftermarket hid kit, and they're pieces of crap. Has nothing to do with the harness, or anything like that... simply a matter of the ballasts are very poorly made.

They're very poorly made, and after time, this is what happens.

Reason #4501 why hid kits are pieces of shit.

The solution is to utlize OEM hid components... while you're at it, retrofit in the projectors needed to do this, and be amazed by what hids in a proper housing can actually do.

Mst_Mugen
06-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Agree!! ^^

unluvedboi
06-09-2006, 03:27 PM
lol yeh, i've noticed after having them, its all about the looks i guess.
No harm taken of what you think, cheers =]

saxman
06-09-2006, 03:48 PM
if you did an hid retrofit, you'd see hids aren't all abotu looks... that they actually can perform REALLY well when you give them the means to do so