cool_filo
06-09-2006, 12:48 AM
hi guys i have a lot of questions

has any1 here actually done it?,

how much atogether?,

how long did it take?

where? im in (sydney)

and what parts are involved?

yes i serched but could find the right infos, thanks!

Mrrevolution
06-09-2006, 12:57 AM
The answers your gonna get is gonna cost too much. Best bet is to sell it and get a manual.

theseven
06-09-2006, 01:19 AM
i'm planning on doing it as well.. how much is it roughly... i'm gonna do if my ss stuffed... so i want to know which one is cheaper... convert or rebuild the auto ss??

6thgear
06-09-2006, 09:15 AM
probably cheaper to convert than rebuild the auto ss. but then again depends on the workshop. but cheaper than that still is to sell and buy an original manual...

umm not sure if i answered ur questions, but i think the overall recommendation that you'll be getting would be to sell urs and buy another...

destrukshn
06-09-2006, 10:07 AM
you'd be hard pressed just even finding the parts to do the conversion, i've searched with crap results, and the people who did have all the parts, wanted a shit load, about 2k for the parts, beucase they knew they were the only ones that it
lol.

Tarks
06-09-2006, 03:43 PM
I was also asking the same thing not that long ago but decided its too much time and effort and money..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45244

Best bet is to sell ur auto and get a manual..

Off the top of my head, u need to change not only the gearbox which is hard enough to find, but also the clutch, brake+accelerator pedal assembly, gear shifter, ecu, dash dial cluster.. Cant remember what else there was to it.

That said, IF u can find all those parts (Best bet is probably a wreckers or look around for a place that brings the parts in from japan, although I wasnt very succesful in finding a place in Sydney), then you gotta think about WHO is going to do all this for you.

Need someone who has done it before and knows what they are doing.

Goodluck :)

cool_filo
06-09-2006, 04:53 PM
I was also asking the same thing not that long ago but decided its too much time and effort and money..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45244

Best bet is to sell ur auto and get a manual..

Off the top of my head, u need to change not only the gearbox which is hard enough to find, but also the clutch, brake+accelerator pedal assembly, gear shifter, ecu, dash dial cluster.. Cant remember what else there was to it.

That said, IF u can find all those parts (Best bet is probably a wreckers or look around for a place that brings the parts in from japan, although I wasnt very succesful in finding a place in Sydney), then you gotta think about WHO is going to do all this for you.

Need someone who has done it before and knows what they are doing.

Goodluck :)

i dnt have a prelude yet, the reason i asked is because im swapping my gsi teg (manual) to a vtir prelude (semi-auto), just wondering if I should go ahead or not, seems like a lot work and effort >< lol...

but no one is willing to trade their cars nowadays...:(

Tarks
06-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Look for a manual at a dealers and do a trade in..

cool_filo
06-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Look for a manual at a dealers and do a trade in..

lol yeh ive thought about that :), but i will consider and go ahead with the swap with the guy and the trade it at dealers nd get a manual:)

theseven
08-09-2006, 04:08 AM
probably cheaper to convert than rebuild the auto ss. but then again depends on the workshop. but cheaper than that still is to sell and buy an original manual...

umm not sure if i answered ur questions, but i think the overall recommendation that you'll be getting would be to sell urs and buy another...

how can i sell mine if the transmition broke down?!?

destrukshn
08-09-2006, 08:17 AM
how can i sell mine if the transmition broke down?!?
you can sell yours, just really really cheap.
lol.

chicken8
08-09-2006, 02:22 PM
ive heard of someone doing it all up for 2800

this was back in the good old days of preludeaustralia b4 the shit storm

Brash22
25-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Getting the manual conversion is going to work out cheaper then getting another semi-auto. Basically, if you decide to get another auto, then you'll need to get a new one (can you say nearly $10,000 installed?) because if you don't, you'll have the same sort of troubles coming soon. And possibly even sooner, since you don't know what sort of life the box had before you got to it.

Luding
27-01-2008, 11:30 PM
a rebuild of the auto box for the 5thgen would cost you about 2.3k. quoted from various reputable honda mechanics

gReY-oNe
27-01-2008, 11:36 PM
IVE DONE IT :D
lmao

its easier in a way then selling it and buyin a manual one
cos they seem not to have many in teh condition that you would want
some people are luckier then others
im also in syd

pm me and ill let u noe prie and all parts needed

bao

Ero_Sennin
31-01-2008, 04:59 PM
my ludes transmission is near to the point its going to **** up, though i got the cash to get it fixed, in worst case scenario i might go and sell it for a ek
not much i can do about it
how much would i be able to sell my lude with the ****ed up transmission for anyway haha

[NAV]
02-02-2008, 07:10 PM
the sport shift auto lude's dont sell fast... if you look up on carsales alot of them have been up for along time..

DA9B18C
02-02-2008, 07:40 PM
i did a auto to manual conversion, but had all the parts, whats needed has already been mentioned

pedal box+assembly
clutch set up (hydro/cable)
the Box itself
cluster (to be padantic) some auto clusters work some dont
all brackets for box, clutch.
ecu (maybe)
shift linkage for box and to suit car

i did it to my da9 integra- b16 crx box, da9 pedals, da9 shift linkage, jdm da9 cluster

took a while (2-4 weeks) just test fitting and a couple costom brackets that i ordered interstate and never got.

in the end i thought it was worth it, if u love ure car as it is and just want a manual, then DO it.

rough $$$$
$600 labour+parts

dont ask for a recomended mech though, my guy has retired!!!!

fgramegna
12-02-2008, 09:46 AM
ive heard of someone doing it all up for 2800

this was back in the good old days of preludeaustralia b4 the shit storm

i would say thats about right.. over here in Canada the norm is about $2000