PDA

View Full Version : Machining Flywheel

imashy14u
06-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Does anyone know where in Sydney I can get my flywheel machined?

Preferably in western sydney (eg. Liverpool, Parra, Wetherill Park areas) and machined while I wait.

Thanks.

XB-16-AX
06-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Does anyone know where in Sydney I can get my flywheel machined?

Preferably in western sydney (eg. Liverpool, Parra, Wetherill Park areas) and machined while I wait.

Thanks.

Mick

sup bro?

U can try my mechanic in n-parra he does machining for rotors and possibly flywheels on the spot too!!

ring: Queen St Mechanicals - 02 9630 5030 and tell them Ryan sent ya!

oh btw - my black beast has B16A in it now!

imashy14u
06-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks Marv. I'll give them a call.

imashy14u
06-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Found a place already thanks to Race Brakes Sydney in Wetherill Park.

Very helpful guys, highly recommend them.

Sir_vtec
06-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Mekong spare parts at canley vale.

they do it at a good price. think 8 bucks for a pair of rotors. cant remember forgot.

n/a
07-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Found a place already thanks to Race Brakes Sydney in Wetherill Park.

Very helpful guys, highly recommend them.

did you get to look at their brake pads? they're meant to have really good pads.

ACTI0NMAN-1
07-09-2006, 01:56 AM
instead of machining mine, i found it cheaper to buy a new lighter flywheel from the US. since i had the transmission dropped i decided to change my clutch at the same time. i suggest you do that aswell.

imashy14u
07-09-2006, 09:34 AM

they do it at a good price. think 8 bucks for a pair of rotors. cant remember forgot.
Damn...8 bucks is dirt cheap. you sure about that? Do they do flywheels as well? do they do it while you wait, or do you have to drop it off and pick it up 2 days later?

did you get to look at their brake pads? they're meant to have really good pads.
Nah, i was only after a clutch. but i have bought brake pads from them before and they were really good.

instead of machining mine, i found it cheaper to buy a new lighter flywheel from the US. since i had the transmission dropped i decided to change my clutch at the same time. i suggest you do that aswell.
Are you sure? it only cost about $40 to machine a flywheel. i don't think you can get a lightened flywheel for $40. I'm only machining the surface for a new clutch, i'm not lightening it. Nevertheless, how much did you get your flywheel for and from where?

Thanks for the reply guys:thumbsup:

XB-16-AX
07-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Are you sure? it only cost about $40 to machine a flywheel. i don't think you can get a lightened flywheel for $40. I'm only machining the surface for a new clutch, i'm not lightening it. Nevertheless, how much did you get your flywheel for and from where?

Thanks for the reply guys:thumbsup:

Mick

i can hook u up for an exedy HD clutch, with high pressure plate for like $200 brand new man!!

thats what ive got in mine at the moment..

but tried to drive my car this morning and she wont go into gear with engine running, probably my mechanic put in the wrong clutch or the release bearing is not engaging.

any thoughts?

imashy14u
07-09-2006, 09:47 AM
is the clutch releasing, or do the gears crunch when you try to put it in gear? if the clutch is not releasing then i would say the clutch has a problem. di it drive ok when you left the mechanics after the clutch was put in?

I suggest you take it back to them and tell them they stuffed up.

BTW, i already bought the clutch. if only you told me earlier. where can you get it for $200??? can you get lightened flywheels for cheap as well?

XB-16-AX
07-09-2006, 09:54 AM
is the clutch releasing, or do the gears crunch when you try to put it in gear? if the clutch is not releasing then i would say the clutch has a problem. di it drive ok when you left the mechanics after the clutch was put in?

I suggest you take it back to them and tell them they stuffed up.

BTW, i already bought the clutch. if only you told me earlier. where can you get it for $200??? can you get lightened flywheels for cheap as well?

ok .. i tried adjusting the clutch cable from the g/box tight and loose to see if it will grip ..and nothing.

when i press the clutch pedal down it feels tight but doesnt seem to grip .. then i tried to put it into any gears it wont go in ..unless u put enough force it will but will crunch ..so i didnt even attempt it..

nah havent driven the car home from the mechanics as the electricals wasnt done, got it towed back to my joint.. now that the electricals are done and this morning i was going to drop off the car back to the mechanics for blue slip ... thats when i only reliased the above problem.

what do u think man? clutch installed incorrectly ?

my mechanics is a wholesaler and that is their price not RRP. so yeh cheap azz .. havent really asked about the lightened flywheel as im using DC2 type R flywheel in mine... they say its lightened from factory.

sorry for hacking the thread! heheh :wave:

BlitZ
07-09-2006, 10:00 AM

mekong dont do flywheels.. only do brake rotors..

to get flywheel u must go to turbo spares at cab.... its $40, i did it 3 weeks ago

imashy14u
07-09-2006, 10:04 AM

to get flywheel u must go to turbo spares at cab.... its $40, i did it 3 weeks ago

Yeah, that's the same price i got from a machining shop in Wetherill Park. But the good thing is that they do it while you wait. About 20 minutes.

czy_sol87
07-09-2006, 10:08 AM

$40???? are u sure about that cause that really cheap
was the flywheel already off the car or did they have to take off ur gearbox and clutch first?? a simple clutch and flywheel change over(no machining of flywheel) will cost u at least $300, depending who u know

imashy14u
07-09-2006, 10:12 AM
$40???? are u sure about that cause that really cheap
was the flywheel already off the car or did they have to take off ur gearbox and clutch first?? a simple clutch and flywheel change over(no machining of flywheel) will cost u at least $300, depending who u know

That price is with the flywheel off the car. so you take only the flywheel to them and then they machine it on a lathe.

czy_sol87
07-09-2006, 10:14 AM
That price is with the flywheel off the car. so you take only the flywheel to them and then they machine it on a lathe.
oh ok makes sence now, though it was way too cheap to be true:cool: