PDA

View Full Version : Removing ABS unit?

m2h
19-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Hi
i just want to know is removing the abs (anti-lock brake) unit in the car involve a lot of works?

ECU-MAN
19-05-2004, 10:49 PM
As in removing it to replace it or remove it coz you dont want ABS

m2h
19-05-2004, 10:54 PM
remove coz i dont want ABS

ECU-MAN
19-05-2004, 10:59 PM
disconnecting the ECU will stop the ABS unit from working, You will then have to remove the ABS globe from the dash ( im not sure if it will stay on ) u then have to decide wheater your going to remove the ABS Pump and Modualator.
I think there is a Law against doing this as well ( may void your insurance )

street car or Race car also what type of Integra

may I ask why you want to remove the ABS ( you might just need it sometime )

m2h
19-05-2004, 11:35 PM
coz the abs on my car is not working and i am not planning to fix it, plus remove the whole unit can reduce the weight, so i was thinking to remove it. I didnt have insurance so doesn;t matter for me..
its a 93 Integra VTiR.
also i am planning to take my car on track after few mods had been done, so abs will be useless on the track i think??

pgclee
22-05-2004, 02:34 PM
why don't want a ABS?...you wanna always end up jaming up the breaks of crash into someone?...
dude...a none ABS break car is not soo friendly on road as well as on track...

Javed
22-05-2004, 05:02 PM
abs sucks IMO. Prefer to know how to brake properly and you can actually decrease stopping distance over abs by a significant amount. Problem is when you panic the first reaction usually is to slam on the brakes, when you can overcome this then you have become the ultimate master! :P

JSL
23-05-2004, 02:49 AM
abs sucks IMO. Prefer to know how to brake properly and you can actually decrease stopping distance over abs by a significant amount. Problem is when you panic the first reaction usually is to slam on the brakes, when you can overcome this then you have become the ultimate master! :P

I am removing my ABS from mine also.. You need someone with the right tools to put some of the piping back together.. I am going to get ADVAN to do mine..

I am going bigger brakes and rotors so the ABS would probaly be out as the sensor is not aligned properly.. that one reason why I am removing it..

If you can threshold brake who needs ABS :) :)