PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard lights

Trini
06-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Hey guys, my fuel light on the dashboard doesn't seem to work, how can i get to it to maybe change the light bulb, do i just unscrew all the screws in front of the plastic thing and keep unscrewing the dials and stuff? also my passenger door has a problem, when you close it fully the light doesn't turn off sometimes, my mate had a look and said it must be coming off the latch... anyway i could fix this?? any help is appreciated! cheers
Trini

rtsnoz
06-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Are you sure your fuel light doesn't come on? In my civic you have to run it real low before it comes on...

If your sure its the bulb you should be able to pull apart the dash and remove the cluster where you will be able to change the bulb from the back...

Trini
07-09-2006, 09:57 PM
yea i kinda tested it and ran outta petrol, wasn't that much fun walking to a servo in the rain :P
k, i might give it a go, i'm just worried i won't be able to re assemble it
cheers

rtsnoz
07-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Reassembly should be easier than dissassembly, Be careful not to break any clips...

I believe it is common problem for the fuel warning light sensor senders to die? This could also be the problem...

Trini
09-09-2006, 12:13 PM
how could that be solved?

rtsnoz
09-09-2006, 12:19 PM
hmmm. I believe the sender is directly under the back seats. So you would have to replace it. To be honest, I'd just work out how many kms you can do, and where the level is on the fuel level meter before you need to refill...