PDA

View Full Version : DC2 Door trim removal

Speeder
07-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi,

I wanted to know how o take the drivers side door trim off from a DC2, can anyone help? I've searched but not much popped up.

Thanks

DLO01
07-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Its pretty easy, but I hope I can remember without looking at it as I am at work.

1. You need to unscrew the screw where the door handle pull latch is, theres a small plasitc flap which you need to pry open to access the screw, After the screw is out, I think that whole plastic panel for the door handle will come off.

2. Unscrew the screw where the grip is to close your door (the plastic thing where you can rest your arm) There is a screw at the bottom of this.

3. Then you use your fingers to un-pop all the fasteners around the trim. Just get your fingers behind the trim and pull.

4. You may need to wriggle it around a bit to get the trim free.

4. Before you totally remove the trim you need to get inside to disconnet the plug going to your switches (window switches etc) Disconnet this and your trim will be totally removed.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Speeder
07-09-2006, 06:40 PM
With step no.4, how do I desconnect the wires? or will it be just a plug type?

Will give it a try anyhow, thanks DLO01 :thumbsup:

OHH NO
07-09-2006, 07:49 PM
^ press the clip in and pull. should come out easily

Speeder
07-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Thx OHH NO

T-onedc2
07-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Also you won't get the trim back on unless you put the window all the way down first.

Paul1985
07-09-2006, 11:02 PM
remove the door trim and hold it in your hand and you will clearly see that there is a few wires connecting the trim to the door. With the door in one hand you can undo the wire connector with the other hand.

Not sure if its exacly the same as an EG door trim but this is how i remove me EG trims:
1. screw in door handle, remove this then remove the plastic handle
2. screw in the part you put your hand to pull the door shut, remove this and remove the plastic part
3. remove scrivvet (spelling?) in top right part of door trim
4. pull the bottom of the door outwards carefully to remove the clips (they can be quiet secure, you need to use some force but not too much!)
5. remove the trim and hold in in hand and remove the clip that plugs into the power windows switch.

IMO if you can remove the trim with the window up, then you can install it with it up. It would be easier with it down, but not necessary (i am only experienced with the EG trims although most are similar).

Hope i didnt miss anything, thats just off the top of my head. Its an easy job, dont fret over it too much. Just get out there and have a look.

Speeder
07-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Thx people, will try it this weekend as I have annoying vibrations from my driver side trim.