PDA

View Full Version : Dealer drove about 40+km during service.

^__^ SM ^__^
07-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi everyone. I put my car in for replacement of steering wheel and check on squeeky suspension.

They did very good job with both and I am very happy but.... I swear my Odo was ~2034km when I put it in but when I picked it up it was 2083km!!!

1/8 of my full petrol tank was used too!!

Could someone please tell me if that's normal? Ie. to test the suspension and steering wheel?

Thanks.

rhk
07-09-2006, 11:46 PM
yeah apperantly this is normal (but i didnt think they would drive 40 kms)

my friend works at audi perth as a techi and i asked him the same thing because i took my car in for warrenty when my idle solenoid died and that came back with close to 30 km on the odo.

however i duno how hard euros drink fuel but 1/8th for 40 km sounds like your car might have been fanged? :(

Onrmnd
07-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I work for Cummins and we carry out reapirs on truck engines.
Most commonly we go between 20 to 30 Klm drives to ensure the job is done correctly, but for 1/8 of a tank of petrol to be used is excessive. if it has only done 2034 Klm. Then check the fuel eco on the display if it is more than usual and if you cruise your car you could have to go back and complain

^__^ SM ^__^
08-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Thanks for such quick replies.

Yea im sus about the fuel too.. the trip meter is showing 11.6L/100km but the needle was on the full mark (not past it like you fill to click at the pump).

now it's 1/8 down in 50 or so km.

you guys still think i should complain or let it rest. this dealer is good and gets things fixed properly so i dun want to get into bad relationship.

on that note.. my dash rattle is gone too ^_^ although they said they coudn't find anythin wrong. lol

Onrmnd
08-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks for such quick replies.

Yea im sus about the fuel too.. the trip meter is showing 11.6L/100km but the needle was on the full mark (not past it like you fill to click at the pump).

now it's 1/8 down in 50 or so km.

you guys still think i should complain or let it rest. this dealer is good and gets things fixed properly so i dun want to get into bad relationship.

on that note.. my dash rattle is gone too ^_^ although they said they coudn't find anythin wrong. lol

I found that the fuel dial actually goes down pretty quickly then slows down. So it could just be a weird thing that has happened. 11.6 is basically start stop city driving i find. Up to you :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rhk
08-09-2006, 12:27 AM
yeah all up to you, i suppose if your happy with it then its all good, you probably made some techis day by letting them hit vtec in your euro ;)

^__^ SM ^__^
08-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Darn it!! :(

EuroDude
08-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Maybe they had to take the car somewhere to get a wheel alignment or something?

40km seems quite alot, but I wouldnt complain to honda or anything unless it was like 100km. there should be a logical explanation

bennjamin
08-09-2006, 12:15 PM
there is no way you can 100% prove this...and even if you could, what would you do about it ? Just complain to them and get it out of your system lol.

I see guys with plastic sheets covereing customers cars driving them all over the place. (from wreckers , dealers etc).

^__^ SM ^__^
08-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Yea.. I guess nothing can be done :) but I'm glad the car is noise free now..*touch wood* no squeeks or rattles at all.

marcus
08-09-2006, 07:22 PM
gosh 50km is consider little mine travel 200km when i send back to repair

SKREMN
08-09-2006, 09:28 PM
they prolly used your car to run some errens and took it for the test drive while he was there
he would of prolly been vtecin all the way but what do you do you cant prove anything