PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! someone has broken into my account!

nuborn
08-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Hi there, i dont where to post this so i'm doin it here.

This is to the person who has broken into my account and those who can help me, the administrators i presume.

somebody appears to have broken in or been in my ozhonda account, i today discovered something posted by me which i did not type, below is the link to it, my last post is at the end, in which i ask who did this?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=875058#post875058

of course you can only take my word for what i say, but i do not use the word sleeper and have never said sleeper-ish, i do not use these forums when i am drunk and i dont do any drugs. that may sound funny but i'm trying trying to get my point across, i didnt write this. what has been written is not damaging to my reputation on here, but what will they write next?

i am writing this requesting for help, if there is anything i can do, for now i will simply change my password, if there's anything else i can do can someone let me kno please.

your help is very appreciated,

James

christmas
08-09-2006, 09:30 AM
change your password in "usercp" at the top of the page dude it's not too hard and then you will be all sweet again. :)

nuborn
08-09-2006, 10:24 AM
my first password was complex and i have no idea how someone guessed or found it (if thats what they did).

tRipitaka
08-09-2006, 10:25 AM
did you log on at school or work ? and forget to either untick the "remember me" box, or log out ?

bennjamin
08-09-2006, 10:57 AM
That post was written from bendywire (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?userid=11000) 's IP. Pm him ? Does he work with you or go to your uni ?

nuborn
08-09-2006, 12:24 PM
That post was written from bendywire (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?userid=11000) 's IP. Pm him ? Does he work with you or go to your uni ?

ben was with us on the cruise last sat, wats that silly boy doin?

bennjamin
08-09-2006, 02:46 PM
ben was with us on the cruise last sat, wats that silly boy doin?

Well , what exactly where YOU doing on http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/images/aria/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-09-2006, 05:21 PM. when the post was made from that users IP address ? Perhaps you didnt log out of a computer somewhere ( as said before) Just reset your password on the userCP and all should be good.

Guys n girls , REMEMBER to log out of Ozhonda on public computers :)

incoming
10-09-2006, 09:26 PM
what you should do before anything else (on a public PC) is to go into the task manager and see if there is a key logger program running. this doesnt apply just for OH but if you use netbank/ebay/paypal or any other secure website.
another thing is if you post your email address, dont type in the full address like this example: xxxx@hotmail.com but rather xxxx @ hotmail.com
this ensures no bots pick up your email address and send spam to it.
following simple steps like this causes less grief down the track.

panda[cRx]
10-09-2006, 11:02 PM
lol i logged on to another guys account on ozhonda when at a net cafe ages ago coz he forgot to log off

trippy stuff :)

nuborn
11-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Well , what exactly where YOU doing on http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/images/aria/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-09-2006, 05:21 PM. when the post was made from that users IP address ? Perhaps you didnt log out of a computer somewhere ( as said before) Just reset your password on the userCP and all should be good.

Guys n girls , REMEMBER to log out of Ozhonda on public computers :)

at that time i was at tafe on a computer and probably gone to the toilet or something and someones got on it, altho i do lock the workstation, generally i dont forget. so yeah, some faggot who wishes he had a prelude has got on my account and been f***en around wit it. i will check also for these logger programs next time im there. i have a different password for netbank, phew!!! no ones logged onto my messenger yet, so i'll wait til that happens to change ALL my passwords, cos i dont want to cos i'll type it in everywhere and then it wont let me log in and i'll be like f**k!!!!!!!!!

ECU-MAN
11-09-2006, 09:24 AM
I recommend you change your OzHonda password to be on the sfae side.

Honda Enthusiast
11-09-2006, 12:37 PM
If you're loggin in from an external sources, say an internet cafe' or something, always clear cookies and logout...because if someone bookmarks your login (like most of us do at home) - upon click on the bookmark, you're right back into Ozhonda again...so yeah, just keep an eye out for these things.

nuborn
11-09-2006, 12:39 PM
If you're loggin in from an external sources, say an internet cafe' or something, always clear cookies and logout...because if someone bookmarks your login (like most of us do at home) - upon click on the bookmark, you're right back into Ozhonda again...so yeah, just keep an eye out for these things.

how do u clear cookies?

dc2dc2dc2
11-09-2006, 12:40 PM
tools > internet options > clear cookies

nuborn
11-09-2006, 12:44 PM
tools > internet options > clear cookies

cool thanx, like ur car too, he he.

Honda Enthusiast
11-09-2006, 12:47 PM
cool thanx, like ur car too, he he.

Yeah, clear the cookie...

But like other memers said - I would definitely recommend you set up a new password! Good luck.

marte
11-09-2006, 04:45 PM
that doesnt clear your pw's lol
what you needa do is
tools>internet options>content>auto complete>clear forsms & clear pw's. BADABOOM

Q_ball
11-09-2006, 11:31 PM
that doesnt clear your pw's lol
what you needa do is
tools>internet options>content>auto complete>clear forsms & clear pw's. BADABOOM
Teletech ftw!

joyride
19-09-2006, 02:10 PM
i will check also for these logger programs next time im there. i have a different password for netbank, phew!!!
a keylogger program actually stores every keystroke you type somewhere in the PC and emails it back to the person.
eg. nubornPa55w0rd123heyguyssomeonehackedintomyaccount andidontknowhowtheydidit.

you can pick out when the user is typing in his account details. in this case your password is "Pa55w0rd123".
any characters followed by numbers or &^%* or capital letters is obviously a password.
even if you have a different password for netbank, paypal, ebay etc, youre still typing in your password which will be recorded.