PDA

View Full Version : Civic Audio

JustDC5R
09-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi All,

Hope you can help. My girlfriend has a 1995 Civic GLI. I need new speakers for the car and know you can make any fit but i want new speakers which will go into the existing spacers without any mods. Can anyone let me know what size i need or if you own a civic - what speakers you have in the fronts?

Thanks
Justin

Boban
09-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Hey mate, i'm running 6" splits at the moment (had 5 1/4 before) without any probs in my 95 sedan, so either 5 1/4 or 6" will fit in no probs, not sure about 6.5", the hole is squareish rahter than ournd so anything is possible. Also, with 5 1/4 and 6" you can use the stock speaker cover so it looks like standard speakers, good to keep them hidden from all the theifs out there. Hope this helps.

PS stock speaker spacers (black plastic that the speaker is inside of) is 5" so unless you want to cut that (i did mine, easy) only ones that will fit are 4", but they are a bit small if you want good sound

RiseOfBrutality
11-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Ive got an Ek1 Hatch and I put in 6" Fusion Powerplants and they work great

marte
11-09-2006, 04:37 PM
stocks are 4" i think. But you can fit a 6" with minor modifacations.

TypeRice
11-09-2006, 11:38 PM
i gotta 98 ek with stock speakers
whenever i listen to music which has alot of bass and when its loud.. the speakers distort...

its heaps annoying... do i need to buy new speakers?? or can i just get an amp to get rid of the distorting sound.. i want just normal clear sound....

civicem1
12-09-2006, 12:37 AM
you won't get normal clear sound out of stock speakers (If you're going to turn up the music high). Also, when you amplify the speakers, your increasing the chance of the speakers being blown up as the stock speakers are crap and can not with stand alot of power. The power supplied by the headunit (aftermarket i'm assuming), should be more than enough for the stock speakers - correct me if i'm wrong. Amplifers are only used on speakers which require more power (more than the headunit can supply). Try the audio/visual section, your bound to get more answers from there.

Fr3aKi3
12-09-2006, 09:00 AM
95 civic... EK or EG?

EK's are 6"
EK's sedans will fit 6.5" with a bit of modification as for hatches you might nee to make custom pods to fit them in. No idea about EG's...

Stock speakers will sound a bit better when amped but they are stock speakers which are built to a budget and have their limits when it comes to bass and clarity.

TypeRice
12-09-2006, 06:43 PM
yeah i wanna just take out the stock rear speakers ... i wouldnt haf a clue where the front ones are.. or how to go about taking them out..
but the rear stock ones r actually just underneath the rear windows for all the thieves to see hehehe

but i wanna get one that looks like a stock one and put it in that same place

JustDC5R
21-09-2006, 01:34 PM
thanks guys.

i got sony speakers for the missus and the screws holes didnt match. she needed the car quick so didnt have time to play around with it. I'll try it again.

BTW - its an EG.

bennjamin
21-09-2006, 02:26 PM
make MDF spacers to suit the stock screw pattern so u can screw the sony speakers ontop. Start with a paper template and measure it up. pste onto MDF and cut to suit :)

mj3610
21-09-2006, 02:46 PM
theres also the moutning depth you need to look at, so your windows can close, a mounting depth of around 50mm is fine but anything over 55mm and your front windows wont close.
i had these at the front, you can get them for around $130 these days.
http://www.schneideraudio.com.au/sc_product.php?cat=Products&proId=24

XP02ED
22-09-2006, 10:45 PM
hey dude the stocks are 4" BUT they got convertors..

i'd say go custom and make a 6" fit ;D

go to strathfield buy a spacer for the 6"

tRipitaka
22-09-2006, 10:49 PM
i believe 6" fit.. as i fitted a set of JL 6" splits into my EG..

just removed the black bracket.. and bolted it on

it's just 6.5" you need to worry about..