PDA

View Full Version : Rattling noise - front end

deadmanaus
09-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey All

Bought a euro accord sports about 2 months ago and last night heard a rattling noise coming from the front (first time). Since then i have heard it a few more times, it is mainly when i go over a bump in the road etc..

Would take it to the Service department but they aren't open until Monday i need to travel about 300km's tomorrow :(

Any ideas what it could be?

ps. did hit a pretty bad speed bump last week, but why would it only start now??

EuroDude
09-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Hopefully a suspension component has not come loose or anything, but it could just be a loose bracket or something non-mechanical in the engine bay.

Open the hood and turn on the engine, get someone to give it some revs so the front vibrates, while you have a listen to the engine area for the noise. Careful not to put ur hands near the exposed timing belt though.

If you think its a suspension noise, you can jack the front up and give the front wheels a good movement test with your hands and give it a few thuds here and there to locate the noise.

deadmanaus
09-09-2006, 03:33 PM
If you think its a suspension noise, you can jack the front up and give the front wheels a good movement test with your hands and give it a few thuds here and there to locate the noise.

I feel like an idiot, was a rock behind the brake on the front right wheel, all ok now :o

Thank for your help!

hooyn
11-02-2009, 07:54 PM
so i got an 04 euro and i get this metallic resonance sound when im around 2000rpm's

when i just had a cai on it it wasnt that noticeable but i just fitted an exhaust and the rattle is getting louder.

any idea ?