PDA

View Full Version : Naming of the Euro

Ferrarista
09-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Do you reckon the Euro should have been called the TSX?

The biggest problem with the Euro is that its called an 'Accord'. Sure we have plenty of young people buying them as is represented by this forum but i think if Honda came out and called it the 'Honda TSX' it would have put it in a different class and kept the 'Accord' name where it belonged.

Thats just my little rant, what do u think?

stephen8512
09-09-2006, 04:28 PM
nope
to me TSX sounds try hardish
and theres too many 3-character cars and "SX"'s anyway. 200SX, 180SX, NSX, FTO, GTR, GTT, MR2 etc

the euro is an accord in japan and the accord we have here is called the INSPIRE i think (correct me if im wrong)
meh, australias jst fked.....we miss out on all the good sht, like the jap spec type R for the DC5 model, we get the shitty accord euro "sport" and not the CL7 with the K20, no civic EP3, or EK9, etc etc

EuroDude
09-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Should have been called just the "Honda Euro" :thumbsup:

ps. The "TSX" uses the Acura naming conventions so Honda cant call it that. And "Inspire" sounds lame imo...

Ferrarista
09-09-2006, 06:50 PM
nope
to me TSX sounds try hardish
and theres too many 3-character cars and "SX"'s anyway. 200SX, 180SX, NSX, FTO, GTR, GTT, MR2 etc

the euro is an accord in japan and the accord we have here is called the INSPIRE i think (correct me if im wrong)
meh, australias jst fked.....we miss out on all the good sht, like the jap spec type R for the DC5 model, we get the shitty accord euro "sport" and not the CL7 with the K20, no civic EP3, or EK9, etc etc

Unlike Japan we now have 2 models called 'Accord'

Whatever it is, i think 'Accord Euro' was wrong

aaronng
09-09-2006, 06:55 PM
The Euro is the real Accord. The Thai Accord is the Inspire.

And calling it the TSX doesn't put it one class above. The TSX is a class higher challenging the 3 series because over there, the 325i costs only AU$48000-50000.

Onrmnd
09-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Should have been called just the "Honda Euro" :thumbsup:

ps. The "TSX" uses the Acura naming conventions so Honda cant call it that. And "Inspire" sounds lame imo...

i like the honda euro idea.:D

hooboy
09-09-2006, 11:40 PM
I think Honda name it well in term of market perception. When someone asked me "what's your ride?", I said "Euro", straight away people knew its the Accord euro. Now, the word "Euro" could be mean that it is european. Accord Euro is not European made car, but it is designed and created so that it can be finished like an European car with better and superior engineering.
I'd say it is good, because Japanese carmaker like our beloved Honda is now able to be matched against European carmaker and giving perception that Japanese can be superior than those European carmakers in every aspect.

This is only my opinion and I am proud owning this Euro as this is a piece of art.

Cheers

enkay
09-09-2006, 11:44 PM
haha i like the europeon accord type-s haha.. hmm euro type-s? haha

Chris_F
09-09-2006, 11:53 PM
just debadge the car and call it a honda

aaronng
10-09-2006, 12:13 AM
haha i like the europeon accord type-s haha.. hmm euro type-s? haha
That's the equivalent to the Euro Sport. Just that the Euro Sport has the nice rims. LOL