PDA

View Full Version : Oil Light Prob.

Petronas
10-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Well ever since I pushed my car a little hard (Turning etc.) a couple of months back the oil light/oil light sensor has been stuffed. It keeps blinking on and off randomly, and it's not the oil.

Would it be the sensor or would it be something else (Friend said something about the ECU)? I'm totally lost and was just thinking maybe I'll just disconnect the light from the dash...

Any ideas OzHonda?

Slow96GSR
10-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Pull it out and clean the sensor. Then test the ground and all other wire connections inside and out. If that doesn't find the problem or cure it then test it with a multimeter or take it to a pro with a scan tool.

CRXer
10-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Could be as simple as the connection has come off the sensor & is hanging around randomly grounding itself on the engine block.Has nothing to do with the ecu.

barefootbonzai
10-09-2006, 11:48 AM
oil light = oil pressure. Should do some proper testing before you blow your engine.

SKREMN
10-09-2006, 01:50 PM
i dont thinkt he ecu operation will effect the light
its probably a faulty sensor get a new one or a second hand one worst comes to worst get rid of it and get an oil pressure guage

bennjamin
10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
might be your sump pickup ~ you can if bored take off the sump (via taking off the header or 2-1 section and thus the sump too) and check the oil pickup is clear from debris and gunk

Petronas
10-09-2006, 03:30 PM
i dont thinkt he ecu operation will effect the light
its probably a faulty sensor get a new one or a second hand one worst comes to worst get rid of it and get an oil pressure guage
Is it an easy thing to change? I'd imagine it's a tedious job?

SKREMN
10-09-2006, 04:14 PM
no not really just its gotta be accesed from under the car it should easily be unsrewed and replaced...

iamhappy46
10-09-2006, 07:41 PM
They have a tapered thread, so I would remove and clean it. Check the wiring, screw it back in and plug it back together.

The oil light on your dash board does not connect to the ECU at all, so that is not your problem.

Petronas
11-09-2006, 05:21 PM
They have a tapered thread, so I would remove and clean it. Check the wiring, screw it back in and plug it back together.

The oil light on your dash board does not connect to the ECU at all, so that is not your problem.

Anyone got any pics of what the thing I’m unscrewing may look like? Cause to be quite frank I have never actually been underneath a car before.... And to tell you guys the truth I don't think I can fix this.... But hey, I'll give it a go, everyone has to start somewhere I guess.... Just need an arrow in the right direction before I start. :thumbsup:

SKREMN
11-09-2006, 06:35 PM
It so just happend i have a pic of one of my old motors this is a ls vtec but it will be simular that is a 17mm or 19mm spanner on it and unscrew it
even use a deep socket if you can
i have got a T peaice for my vtec line on there but normaly its screwed stright into the block

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/skremnLS/filter-1.jpg

Petronas
11-09-2006, 06:58 PM
It so just happend i have a pic of one of my old motors this is a ls vtec but it will be simular that is a 17mm or 19mm spanner on it and unscrew it
even use a deep socket if you can
i have got a T peaice for my vtec line on there but normaly its screwed stright into the block

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/skremnLS/filter-1.jpg
Thanx alot

I'll give it a go sometime this week :thumbsup: