PDA

View Full Version : boot problem since install

[s]upa_[s]aiyan
10-09-2006, 08:31 PM
ok just got my hu, front and rear speakers, sub and amp installed into a 97 civic sedan...

everything is working fine BUT when there is a lot of bass, the boot light on the dash flickers and the light in the boot also flickers... anyone have any possible suggestion?

and

how do you know if the amp is powering the rear speakers (which is what i asked for but i don't think they did that)? i've got a 4 chan amp that i asked them to bridge 2 chan for the sub and the remaining 2 for the rear speakers but when i turn the sub off (hu has sub control), there is NO BASS coming from the rear speakers (They're 6x9's)

Thanks guys

marte
10-09-2006, 09:55 PM
well u've only got one amp so they've hooked the rca leads to your SUB leads off ur HU, so if you turnt he subs off then your rear 6x9's arnt gonna play if thats how there hooked up.
What you can do is just take the speaker cables coming from your subbox to ur amp off your amp. then what ever speakers you have left connecting to your amp should be your 6x9's.

Also about the boot light, in ur boot theres a switch/pin/trigger(what ever you wanna call it) thats pusehed when ur boots closed. If its flickering when yoru subs go off it means its loose, what you can try and do is open it make sure its posistioned properly and not loose.

ICACHA
10-09-2006, 10:43 PM
upa_[s]aiyan']everything is working fine BUT when there is a lot of bass, the boot light on the dash flickers and the light in the boot also flickers... anyone have any possible suggestion?

bet you havent got a good ground :p

stanleym
11-09-2006, 09:16 AM
do u mean it flickers as in dims??

when u have lots of bass extra power is drawn from the battery ... inturn this will cause lgihts to dim a little bit then they will go back to normal

way =s to fix this is buy a capacitor and pu thtat in ... it will store rxtra current and when the bass is needed it can source the power from there......

if u gota 4 ch amp then most likely they ahave got the sub on LHP - low over pass ( o had a mental block sorry if this aint right name) and most likely they also have your 6X9's on high over pass..... meaning that it wont pick up the bass

this is very common as the sub will be sufficient for enough bass troughout the car.....
If you say you dotn use the sub all the time try looking in the boot you should see a switch that u can flick to low both or high...flick it to both but make sure its the channel that the 6x9s are hook up 2

also wat type of amp have u got we may be able to help more with the location of this switch

hope it helps man

good luck

ICACHA
11-09-2006, 09:20 AM
stanley, if his ground is sh!t a cap wont solve his issue :)

stanleym
11-09-2006, 09:21 AM
ok then ...... i was merely tryin to post other possible issues.....

i think me mentioned that it was installed by a shop surely they kno how to ground it properly but anyway.... just ttryin to help:)

marte
11-09-2006, 12:06 PM
doubt it was a shit ground.

stanleym
11-09-2006, 03:04 PM
we just need him to get back to us lol

[s]upa_[s]aiyan
11-09-2006, 03:53 PM
ok the place that installed it is pretty well known for quality stuff (they've done some show cars)

today i called up a couple of places and they said it sounds like either i need a new capacitor OR it could be that the boot lid is vibrating causing the boot to think it's open.

[s]upa_[s]aiyan
11-09-2006, 03:55 PM
the boot light on the dash actually lights up when the bass hits and the light in the rear flickers for a second

a guy at my work used to modify cars and he told me the same thing about the boot pin thing, he's going to have a look at it tomorrow..

stay tuned for the next exciting adventure!

stanleym
11-09-2006, 03:55 PM
yea both of those are possible one thing to test when ur in ur car and have to door light (one above ur head) on doest hat light dim??

if not then its prob the boot thing
what type of sub and amp have u got........ if the place that installed it a reutable then ground shouldn't be to much of an issue

[s]upa_[s]aiyan
11-09-2006, 06:57 PM
door light is fine and all other lights on the interior is fine as well..

i'll keep you posted...

urtwhistle
11-09-2006, 07:37 PM
get a decent sized battery, decent cabling, and a decent earth. and forget about cap's there a waste of time. they dont do any thing a decent big battery cant do

Rasputin
12-09-2006, 02:34 PM
If the lights are actually coming on, not turning off when there's a big bass hit, they're right in suggesting it's much more likely to be your boot sensor actually doing it's job and showing 'open'.

The pressure in the boot might be enough to be vibrating it off the mechanical switch (the one that sees if your boot is open or not) during high levels of bass.

Find where the switch is (open your boot and there should be some kind of sensor near/on the seal, when you press on it the lights in the boot should go off) and either put a spacer in there to put more pressure on the sensor when the boot is closed (to account for the boot being pushed out slightly on bass hits) or find a way to make the boot itself close more tightly.
If your boot is actually letting pressure escape while it's doing this will help improve your bass volume. *yay*

marte
12-09-2006, 03:35 PM
upa_[s]aiyan']the boot light on the dash actually lights up when the bass hits and the light in the rear flickers for a second

a guy at my work used to modify cars and he told me the same thing about the boot pin thing, he's going to have a look at it tomorrow..

stay tuned for the next exciting adventure!
thats what i pretty much summed up for u in my first post ftw~
now im gonna go install my new dvdplayer.god help a g

[s]upa_[s]aiyan
18-09-2006, 06:16 PM
got the problem fixed... seems that the glass break sensor somehow was playing up (or something along those lines)

problems been fixed.. thanks for all your help though!