PDA

View Full Version : how to connect amp wire to battery for eg civic

G-Stick
10-09-2006, 09:45 PM
hey guys

had my amp and sub wired up to but i cant seem to find the hole that the amp power cable should go through? its an eg civic. do i need to drill a hole or is there one that i couldnt find :(

cheers
Duy

marte
10-09-2006, 09:56 PM
drivers side theres a hole its called your firewall all your cbales will run through that. pop your bonnet opena nd on the left side where ur Airbox is look towards the steering rack. If you got an alarrm or any other devices the cables will go through your firewall. If you can't find it ill see if i can get pics for ya

m3ntAL_l2
10-09-2006, 09:56 PM
just find a spare hole in the firewall... they usualy covered by a black rubber plug thing. just take the pulg out and feed the wire though

G-Stick
10-09-2006, 10:08 PM
cool ill do it look for it on tuesday afternoon.

i tried with the black rubber hole. it didnt go anywhere. :(

marte
10-09-2006, 10:09 PM
you gotta take the rubber out of the hole lol

m3ntAL_l2
10-09-2006, 10:11 PM
you gotta take the rubber out of the hole lol
hahahhaha lmao... man he cant b that dumb, no offence

mugeneration
10-09-2006, 10:30 PM
They can be difficult to take out. Try (being gentle, but not TOO gentle) using a flat head screw driver and some pointy nose pliers to help take it out ;)

G-Stick
10-09-2006, 10:33 PM
wat da. of course i did take the rubber out but i tried to put a screw driver through the hole but got no where. will try wen i have free time. no offence taken ;)

Chronos
11-09-2006, 02:58 PM
There are a few grommets which go no-where on the EG/DC.

Run with the master loom; back right corner near battery. You can trace it from the cabin, just follow the loom from the ECU up to where i runs thru the firewall. removing your glovebox will make this easier. you will have to remove your battery to get easy access to it from the engine bay side. pull the looms grommet out from the firewall and punch thru it with a screwdriver carefully. feed you power cable thru this hole, then down thru the firewall and into the cabin. replace grommet. replace battery. too easy.

teaseR
11-09-2006, 06:04 PM
ir would be easier to remove the rubber grommet
then using a long coat hanger (stiffer than the power cable) poke it through until u see it inside the car...
then tape the + power cable to the coat hanger then PULL should come through
thats what i do =)

Nuttz
14-09-2006, 04:18 PM
i used the hole on the drivers side, bad thing about it though is the power cable running across the firewall with not much to attach it to. But its much easier to get the cable through and into the cabin

G-Stick
15-09-2006, 10:33 PM
thanks guys i used the hole right next to the battery. cheers