PDA

View Full Version : need ur opinions

geo41e
20-05-2004, 09:27 PM
hey..jus need ur help.

got headers..stock cat back...and aftermarket muffler (sounds nice)

now my can is lowered abit...and i do scrap jus a tad when driving on top lvl in burwood westfields....which i dun think is that low

l want to lower my car jus abit more...however my stock cat back is hanging abit low and loose...

question is...should l change the cat back? will the aftermarket cat back sit higher then stock if used the right mounts>? btw, stock cat back has a leak in it

joneblaze
20-05-2004, 09:32 PM
You can simply take the car to a decent exhaust garage and get them to raise your catback piping higher into the exhaust piping niche. This can be done with either your stock or an aftermarket catback. You should take a look at changing your catback since you've got a leak...

MR-VTEC
20-05-2004, 09:47 PM
yeah i used to have the same problem. i got my cat moved higher up as mentioned above. this fixed the problem.

Chi
20-05-2004, 09:54 PM
Maybe stiffer springs?

bennjamin
20-05-2004, 10:56 PM
dood i saw u again today in Burwood lol.....where do u live geo41e ???
(u said " bren !" to me the other day as you were turning at that light near the mobil lol)

geo41e
20-05-2004, 10:58 PM
yeahhh haeheaheahae lol bren...yeahj i saw u on the corner of liverpool rd right next to model....was that u ??
where u see me in burwood ?
i live in croydon park dude

kimbi
20-05-2004, 11:20 PM
burwood westfields BLOWS ASS

my sisters muffler/cat hangs a little low.. and her pipey thing ripped from her engine going over one of the little tiny humps in the westfields car park..

geo41e
20-05-2004, 11:22 PM
lols
by any chance...does ur sister drive a pulsar ?

Civic Si
22-05-2004, 10:19 AM
I have da same problem at both Burwood and Chastwood Westfield's top levels!

Either change ur ride height or avoid da levels wit da huge humps! :roll:

mo
22-05-2004, 10:48 AM
OORRRR

Just don't lower your car that much... :P

EGBOY
22-05-2004, 07:03 PM
yeah i had same problem with my car.....got the whole exhaust whipped up nice and close to the body!
.....still scrapes at westfeild.......cos my car sits about 5 cm off ground lol..
easy fix....just dont go all the way to the top level!

EK7
22-05-2004, 08:29 PM
if u are rich n have time, i wouldn't recommend...just leave it the way it is.....change as many as u like when u have money that never run out

Setanta
22-05-2004, 10:00 PM
One of the funniest things last night was watching all the dropped Civics tip-toe into Sylvania maccas on an angle - I just bumped in head on ;) I had to raise mine as everytime I tried to get out of the driveway the crossmember would scrape - not to mention the exhaust as I came out of work's driveway.

McChook
22-05-2004, 10:03 PM
One of the funniest things last night was watching all the dropped Civics tip-toe into Sylvania maccas on an angle - I just bumped in head on ;) I had to raise mine as everytime I tried to get out of the driveway the crossmember would scrape - not to mention the exhaust as I came out of work's driveway.

How did you get out of our one at Silverwater man???