PDA

View Full Version : DOHC I-VTEC VS. SOHC I-VTEC (Civic 06)

Civic^^
10-09-2006, 10:20 PM
hey guys

I have been planning to buy the new 06 civic VTi and i was just wondering if you could answer these questions for me.

1. Is there much difference between the 2.0 Dohc i-vtec engine in the sports and the 1.8 Sohc i-vtec engine in the vti?

2. Does the Sohc i-vtec engine have potential if i was to mod it?

3.If my friend bought the civic sport (dohc i-vtec) and i bout the civic vti (sohc i-vtec) and we both have the same mods. will the perfrormence be similar? or will the sport (dohc i-vtec) be faster?

thanks

mugeneration
10-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Well to take one particular side, and not put bullshit ifs, buts, maybes and assumptions in, the DOHC 2 litre would be better. Having an extra .2 litres, plus DOHC, gives it the slightest bit more balls than the 1.8, though the difference isnt TOO huge. The SOHC does have potential for modding, from what a lot of guys on here tell us, a turbo'ed SOHC VTEC goes pretty bloody well. I'd still go for the DOHC tho.

Fuel consumtion will be FAIRLY similar, but the difference wont be huge unless you are both thrashing them around a lot. Performance wise, the DOHC is slightly better than the DOHC (assuming same mods).

Jazzle
11-09-2006, 06:45 PM
btw, has anyone in their forum done any performance mods on their FD1/2 yet?? yet to hear anything.. =P com'on guys...

aaronng
11-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Please watch the world.honda.com video on the R18 engine and you'll find out why it will be difficult to mod it after you have done intake and exhaust. You will have trouble just getting a header for it!

Jazzle
11-09-2006, 09:17 PM
haha yeah i have seen it.. but how about sussy mod??

and i was thinking if it's possible to replace the cat with some high flow cat to make some power

aaronng
11-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Sussy and other parts not related to the engine should be the same wiht the Civic Sport. Just look for FD2 parts.

Even the cat, there are 2 and the first is fixed to the headers. If you want to put a high flow cat, you can replace the 2nd cat but not the first.

MKI4EVA
12-09-2006, 11:59 AM
hey guys

I have been planning to buy the new 06 civic VTi and i was just wondering if you could answer these questions for me.

1. Is there much difference between the 2.0 Dohc i-vtec engine in the sports and the 1.8 Sohc i-vtec engine in the vti?

2. Does the Sohc i-vtec engine have potential if i was to mod it?

3.If my friend bought the civic sport (dohc i-vtec) and i bout the civic vti (sohc i-vtec) and we both have the same mods. will the perfrormence be similar? or will the sport (dohc i-vtec) be faster?

thanks

You only get a few more KW on the sport, leathers ,sunroof ,side mirror idicators and 16" mags and a whole lot of airbags.

But the thing you'll notice most is the torque.

Suspenion wise their all the same I think - SH1T HOUSE!

panda[cRx]
12-09-2006, 02:01 PM
there are little to no mods available for the vti.

don't bother pushing it performance wise, it is far from a perfomance car!
don't get me wrong, they are GREAT daily drivers but if you are after performance then this is the wrong car for you

just chuck some nice rims on and dump it with a nice suspension setup lol