PDA

View Full Version : Wanting a Civic

s2o0o
10-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Totally disregard my 'S2000' handle for this post...:p

Okay so here's the deal. First time car buyer, 18 soon enough, loves :honda: . After saving I came up with a small budget.

I found a 2002 Civic which looks PERFECT for me. 100,000+ K on the clock however. Priced at $12,900.

Prices based on km 60,000 - 100,000
National average price - private (http://ozhonda.com/forum/) sale $12,900 - $15,600

I'm guessing the seller has looked into this too. My reason for this post is simple really - Do you think that it's worth haggling for? How much do you think I might be able to push it down? Trust me, at this stage the cheaper the better.

Also - I love this car! I am picky. But I LOVE it.

Thanks in advance,
Mattel.

marte
11-09-2006, 12:07 AM
find something wrong with it or something you wont like lol say what ever you want. Have you found any for cheaper off car sales etc.

**Ghost**
11-09-2006, 12:10 AM
civic Vi hatch or civic sedan?

the hatch is alright and if u like to it responds very well ot performance breathing/exhaust mods.... looks alright too

the civic sedan is crappy performance but can be made to look alright

s2o0o
11-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Apologies. It's a sedan.

My reason of buying a Civic is because they are much more reliable than an R33 for instance. I doubt someone with a stock MY02 Civic would have beat around their car like it was at Wakefield. The newer the model I can get, the better.

This car is the cheapest 02' on Carsales. I think this is due to such high K's.

Thanks all, will be back to check responses tommorow.

Mattel.

IAMVTEC
11-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Get the sedan. I think the 02 sedan looks quite classy especially in black. Looks very similar to Accord from the front.

Once again dont get the hatch. It looks like a minivan/Jazz.

Dont get the R33 either. Nearly everybody ive ever seen in a POS skyline looks like a unemployed fool. Its like the even poorer and dumber mans WRX. if even possible.

s2o0o
11-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Like I said, I am picky. HAHA I'm not fond of the hatchback at all. Also - I will not buy it unless it's white. Yep, real picky :)

I don't want a Silvia, 200, 180 or Skyline as these are commonly beaten to the shithouse. Nor do I want to look like a brain dead dolt running away from the VIC Police.

Oh my god I love this car. I can't stop looking at the photo of it HAHA.

:honda: - The Power of my Dreams.

IAMVTEC
11-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Like I said, I am picky. HAHA I'm not fond of the hatchback at all. Also - I will not but it unless it's white. Yep, real picky :)

I don't want a Silvia, 200, 180 or Skyline as these are commonly beaten to the shithouse. Nor do I want to look like a brain dead dolt running away from the VIC Police.

Oh my god I love this car. I can't stop looking at the photo of it HAHA.

:honda: - The Power of my Dreams.

Good good. You sound like a guy with good taste. What colour is the Civic u wanna get.

Fr3aKi3
11-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Personally i'm not a fan of the Gen 7 civic sedans unless it's a facelifted one.
The sedans aren't bad at all for a run around car, although they do lack power compared to the hatch they're nimble enough to have a bit of fun and they're zippy enough to get around town.

Are you only interested in later models? Why not take a look at EK's?
I picked mine up for $11 500, 8 months rego left, 54 000kms, it's an auto sedan. Although i've had my car for a while now prices should've gone even lower. The gen7 sedan is more repsonsive to throttle inputs but the EK is much more fun to throw around.

Just keep one thing in mind though the steering is both the EK and gen7's are very light so it might feel a bit weird initially. I'm used to my EK's power steering so when i jump into my sister's Euro it seems like it doesnt have power steering.

s2o0o
11-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Good good. You sound like a guy with good taste. What colour is the Civic u wanna get.
White. Alpine I believe? :D I love the GPW S2K. :)

Personally i'm not a fan of the Gen 7 civic sedans unless it's a facelifted one.
The sedans aren't bad at all for a run around car, although they do lack power compared to the hatch they're nimble enough to have a bit of fun and they're zippy enough to get around town.

Are you only interested in later models? Why not take a look at EK's?
I picked mine up for $11 500, 8 months rego left, 54 000kms, it's an auto sedan. Although i've had my car for a while now prices should've gone even lower. The gen7 sedan is more repsonsive to throttle inputs but the EK is much more fun to throw around.

Just keep one thing in mind though the steering is both the EK and gen7's are very light so it might feel a bit weird initially. I'm used to my EK's power steering so when i jump into my sister's Euro it seems like it doesnt have power steering.

I am not interested in heavily modifying this car, like I said it's going to be my first car. Nothing more than suspension/springs and rims I guess.

I suppose the reason why I want a later model is because I feel as if it would be more reliable. I am a fan of the 7th Gen style, I think it's attractive.

With the EK style, I am only interested in the coupe. I do like the 2 door vTi but they are so damn hard to find in white.

Something I am looking for is Criuse Control too *hides*. I know it's grandma-spec but I have been driving my Mum's MY05' Impreza RS and I love it on the freeway. Most people tell me I will hardly use it but I think it's still good to have.

Thanks for the responses all,
Mattel.

zerospel
11-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Dont get the R33 either. Nearly everybody ive ever seen in a POS skyline looks like a unemployed fool. Its like the even poorer and dumber mans WRX. if even possible.

I sooo totally agree with this ! IAMVTEC you are the best , I dont recon they look like brain dead unemployed ppl but there is something I dont like about skyline, 200, 180, wrx...you get the idea, they look like ppl that does stupid shit on the street and talks crap

Having said that I know 3 skyline drivers and they are great people :)

Sorry that iam not much help to the actual topic because i dont really know what 02 civic look like :( but its a honda so Im sure its good and the price dont seem too bad either for a car that is still fairly new

Jazzle
11-09-2006, 06:52 PM
i think the facelifted civic sedan while brand new only costed around 20,000?? correct me if im wrong.. so after 4 years and 100k mileage.. 12000 seems to be expensive... well resale value of honda has always been good, but not too sure about the gen7. it's not made in japan right?

if u really love it.. try bargain abit ..

s2o0o
11-09-2006, 08:47 PM
i think the facelifted civic sedan while brand new only costed around 20,000?? correct me if im wrong.. so after 4 years and 100k mileage.. 12000 seems to be expensive... well resale value of honda has always been good, but not too sure about the gen7. it's not made in japan right?

if u really love it.. try bargain abit ..

Thats what I like to hear! What do you think I should be aiming at in terms of price?

Thanks for the responses all, much appreciated!

Mattel.

Jazzle
11-09-2006, 08:52 PM
since an ek1 with around 100,000km still cost about 9 grands (fxxk that or i would have bought one by now), try ask for 10.5k... that's if the car has full log book, in mint condition, etc etc

s2o0o
11-09-2006, 09:19 PM
It was mint :)

Unfortunately someone has just put a deposit on it. It was on CarSales for less than 24 hours and I guess someone nibbed the oppotunity when they saw it :(

Never mind, another will come along.

Thank you very much for the advice. I will take it into consideration next time :)

Mattel