PDA

View Full Version : da9 error code not working

timos_b
11-09-2006, 11:29 AM
hey guys i no this is asked a lot but i have looked at the other threads about error code and nothing on them is whats happing to my car?
i wait for the engine light to turn off i turn my car on every thing is ok when i drive my car its still ok until i like floor it or put it in to a high gear at low revs then the engine light comes on i pulled up the carpet to look and the ecu led but nothing happens iam soo confused

MY CAR IS A JDM INTEGRA
can anybody heap me?

CRXer
11-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Turn car off,then turn key to the ignition on position(dont start car),then see what LED is doing.

if it does blink,read code.

If not blinking then could be an intermittent failure on the power or grounding supplies to the ecu or a fault in the ecu itself.

Is your backup fuse intact,I think it would be hazard fuse in engine bay on your car.

Check the grounds arent loose on the engine,possibly even give em a clean while your there.

Check all power supplies to the ecu arent loose,ie fuse in engine bay,main relay fuse under dash,main relay plugs terminals & contacts,plugs going into ecu ,even the terminals on the ignition key.

Reset ecu & see if you can duplicate the fault.

If u can but still no codes,try some simple things like borrowing a known good main relay & ecu to see if that can clear the fault.

Is car a swap or genuine?

Another thing to look at could possibly be your alternator is failing.

timos_b
11-09-2006, 02:31 PM
hey man yeh i turned the ignition on a there was a quick blink i have'nt checked the other things i will go do that will this problem have effect to the cars proformance??

ECU-MAN
11-09-2006, 08:23 PM
if the engine light came on, then the fault should be logged in the ECU,

you checked the ECU correctly, but since their is no code in there it does seem a bit weird

could be some thing loose causing power loss to the ECU. or could be a dodgey ecu.

check the things CRXer mentioned
see how you go

Rasputin
13-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah I also get a quick blink *as* I turn the car to On, and when I turn it Off again. I don't if this is just a startup blink (like the check engine light, which comes on at the same time) to show that the LED is still functioning, or if it is actually to be counted as 'one blink' for code reading.
Can anyone shed some light on this for me/us?
Thanks a lot.

ACTI0NMAN-1
13-09-2006, 11:39 PM
the quick blink when you turn the car to on, is normal. its just to show the ecu is now active. its like a 1/10th of a second blink.

Rasputin
14-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Awesome, thanks mate.
I was hoping that'd be the case...otherwise I'd have just been watching my ECU cry out for help these past few months.