PDA

View Full Version : ek lock

honda_ek4
11-09-2006, 07:30 PM
hey guys,
i just noticed yesterday my passenger side lock is stuffed up, from this, wen i press the button for it to lock it locks but wen i unlock it, it does not work.. i have to go inside and unlock it.. it seems very stiff and doesnt trigger smoothly.. do i need to take the hole door panel out?
have any of you guys had this problem before?

ps. if you guys do not understand wat im tokin abt ask me and i will explain further..

BlacKEGPedroew
11-09-2006, 07:43 PM
sounds like your "gun" is stuffed. is it a standard central locking kit or aftermarket? take it back to where you got it installed if it is

honda_ek4
11-09-2006, 08:45 PM
im not sure.. im pretty sure its aftermarket.. i got it with the car when i bought it..

Turps
11-09-2006, 09:17 PM
I had the similiar problem the rod from the central locking motor in the drivers door popped off and jammed the lock open. It might be a simple fix by just pulling your door panels off and check all the rod connections.

Good Luck Turps

honda_ek4
11-09-2006, 09:22 PM
yeah i think i have no choice now but to pull my door trim out and observe it.. will do it asap and get back to you guys

simbadda54
11-09-2006, 09:23 PM
happened to me as well. it fixed itsef after a couple of days

honda_ek4
11-09-2006, 09:29 PM
happened to me as well. it fixed itsef after a couple of days
and u put up with having to unlock the passenger side of the car from the inside with your hands each time?