PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With My New Eg!!

Quoc_honda
12-09-2006, 12:25 AM
hey guys, im really interested in having my eg converted to a b16 or b18, just wanted to know if any of you REVheads know any site where i can see the prices of these front cuts, THANKS !!

jdmTYPE R
12-09-2006, 02:09 AM
your looking around the 3500 mark dude

rhk
12-09-2006, 02:28 AM
i dont mean this in any negative way but are you sure you want to just chuck in a new engine in your new eg?

by this i mean that personally i need to drive my car and become fully comfortable with it before i start to tweak things, and it just seems to me that you should drive it and then after you get comfortable with the cars ablilties you should go for a swap or other mods. also if you have an older model eg, you have to remember that changing your engine isnt going to make your suspension/brakes/etc any better so keep in mind that if you want to have a balanced car, you need a few thousand more on top of the 3500.

either way i hope your happy with your new car

EGB18CT
12-09-2006, 01:39 PM
to do it all propertly u need at least 5.5k to 6k to change all fluids, belts, front brakes, clutch, suspension etc... plus the rear brakes on top if they arent included in the half cut. to import ur half cut from jap/malaysia will cost u about 5.5k plus installation and extras. a lot of planning needs to be done before hand so u know what u are doing and dont end up screwed around or ripped off. read and search these forums as well as searching google and looking at sites like hybridhonda, honda-tech and more. this is not a project that can be done by a beginner with no idea overnight. anyway search around and u will find what u want answered as there a a stack avail especially us sites as its popular there...