PDA

View Full Version : S15 - S2000

locodave
12-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Has anyone gone from a Nissan s15 to a honda S2000?

If so which car do you prefer in the end?
It's pretty common for s15 drivers to switch to S2000 cars, don't know why, and I'm considering changing.

JasonGilholme
12-09-2006, 12:02 PM
its common cause they love the sound of hondas but still want a rear wheeld drive.

zerospel
12-09-2006, 12:14 PM
If you havent already, you should take an s2000 for a test drive, warm day ,roof down, red lining it , winding roads and see after that :P
Try it without the airbox lid and you'll probably love the sound even more :)

:honda:

locodave
12-09-2006, 12:21 PM
I have driven it a couple of times. Roof down etc. But I think its something you adapt to, don't you think? Like the roof down is awesome at first, but then after its no big deal.

What about the mods department. I've been searching and realised there is not much you can do to gain much power besides exhaust and air filter.

How much power can you get at the wheels without turbo charging it?

BRU51N
12-09-2006, 12:23 PM
i havnt exactly owned an s15, but ive had one for a period to drive around etc, the s15 was one of the ballziest turbo cars ive ever driven, the sound of the s15 (with screamer pipe) purely killed the s2000 sound.

however s2000's are just more fun to drive, the way they handle and the feeling of the steering is alot different. s2000 will probably be the best car i will get to own.

on another note, the two cars are totally different imo, you cant compare them to each other. if your s15 is totally stock or pushing under 210kw atw, then the swap would be awesome, but if your s15 is 250+kw atw then i'd stick with the s15.

locodave
12-09-2006, 12:51 PM
But the s2000 wouldn't get near 210KW at the wheels though would it?
It has 176 at the fly wheel. So roughly 140-150 at the wheels?

.::F[L]Y::.
12-09-2006, 01:25 PM
im going opposite direction and makes me wonder why s15 drivers are moving onto s2000 and vice versa....looking to get an s15 lol

Generally s2000 push out abt 136kw atw stock form. But its quite hard to get power out of an s2000 NA wise.

zerospel
12-09-2006, 01:39 PM
I agree its no big deal later, but still good to have on special occassions but you will adapt to big hp as well.

I think you are already in the right car if power is what you are after :)

locodave
12-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Hey FLY! Lets swap cars for the day and see what its like!

What have you done to your ride?

WhiteAP1
12-09-2006, 02:52 PM
My brother has an S15, hes had it new since 01, so ive driven it plenty of times. Hes done a few mods giving him approx 200 rwkws, and he hates my car. Well he doesnt hate it, but he reckons he could never go from his s15 to my car. He likes the handling and the convertible factor,but the lack of torque and power is what gets him.

With the s15 even in stock, theres power in any gear at any rpm, and it comes on strong every time. Its alot more driver friendly, u dont have to ring its neck to get results. He always freaks out when i drop my car into first to move. Also modification is a hell of alot easier. Hes got twice the power for half the money. And he makes sure im reminded every now and again.

I think it comes down to personal preference in the end. I like my car b/c the cabin is nice and tight, its NA, 9k RPM and 100 other reasons. My brother doesnt like my car for the same reasons that i actually do.

End of the day, if ure after a power house thats easy to drive, easy to squeeze power out of, endless torque, a little more roomy get the s15. If u want a clasy well balanced car, tight cabin, slickest H gate box araound, great handling, screaming 9k redline, NA, convertible get the S2k.

12-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Hey FLY! Lets swap cars for the day and see what its like!

What have you done to your ride?

i sold mine a few months ago lol

BRU51N
12-09-2006, 05:25 PM
But the s2000 wouldn't get near 210KW at the wheels though would it?
It has 176 at the fly wheel. So roughly 140-150 at the wheels?

yeh but s15's arent exactly that much fun before 200kw atw. the one i drove around for awhile had about 240+kw atw, but lacked handling (built purely for straight lines)

BRU51N
12-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Y::.']im going opposite direction and makes me wonder why s15 drivers are moving onto s2000 and vice versa....looking to get an s15 lol

Generally s2000 push out abt 136kw atw stock form. But its quite hard to get power out of an s2000 NA wise.

ppl tend to go from turbo to n/a due to cost of maintenance, and the reliability of turbo cars. you would end up spending more money on a turbo car than you would on a n/a car imo.

s15's are pretty good cars, u dont need much to get power outta them, and they look sleek with afew things to it.

go with the turbo s2000 option.. its more of a challenge for u john.

s2000's are around the 30k mark + 15-30k (depending on how far u wanna go) or so and u've got a unique honda/convertible/turbo/rwd car

12-09-2006, 05:40 PM
ppl tend to go from turbo to n/a due to cost of maintenance, and the reliability of turbo cars. you would end up spending more money on a turbo car than you would on a n/a car imo.

s15's are pretty good cars, u dont need much to get power outta them, and they look sleek with afew things to it.

go with the turbo s2000 option.. its more of a challenge for u john.

s2000's are around the 30k mark + 15-30k (depending on how far u wanna go) or so and u've got a unique honda/convertible/turbo/rwd car

:zip: but s15's seem quite reliable and fun for relatively cheap so i guess it has helped in the decision making process. would love to turbocharge an s2k but id rather try out an s15 first

ap
12-09-2006, 05:50 PM
i also own a s2k and have driven many s15's also
both in stock form i have to say s2k's are shitloads more fun to drive

[stealth]
12-09-2006, 06:35 PM
s15 boooring .. s2k all teh way!

12-09-2006, 10:50 PM
seems like alot of ppl are purchasing s2k's now, which is a good thing...hopefully parts will become abit cheaper when ppl start to mod them more

SIKCAR
12-09-2006, 11:25 PM
how can people purchase more s2ks, when there are only so many around? they can't go back in time and make more s2ks for the australian market lol

S15s are too common, they're everywhere, but there's a reason they're so popular, coz they're so easy to mod

I'd never go from an s2k to an S15, if I were to move back to nissan, it'll have to be a GTR, something top of the line
only problem with the s2k is the 2 seater, sometimes it's good, but most of the time you can't fit more chicks in the car

13-09-2006, 12:08 AM
how can people purchase more s2ks, when there are only so many around? they can't go back in time and make more s2ks for the australian market lol

S15s are too common, they're everywhere, but there's a reason they're so popular, coz they're so easy to mod

I'd never go from an s2k to an S15, if I were to move back to nissan, it'll have to be a GTR, something top of the line
only problem with the s2k is the 2 seater, sometimes it's good, but most of the time you can't fit more chicks in the car

i was merely saying that it seems more ppl from here are purchasing s2k's. Also due to their drop in price more and more people are buying them as they are a good bang for buck car second hand. Im beginning to see more s2k's around than i see s15.

Apart from the fact that an s2k is a convertible i dont see why it is much better than an s15? with the right mods im sure you can make an s15 out handle an s2k. With enough power and the right driving capabilities im sure an s15 would clock a faster time around wakefield going sideways than any honda. :eek:

Malenic1981
13-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Personaly I would always pick S2K over S15, at the moment I drive DC2R and two of my friends have S15s, on stright line they are faster (but they are also more moded than my car) but if we go for hill runs (nice windy roads), I kill them much more than they kill me on stright, so I'm not very impresed by
S15, I wouldn't even go from DC2R to S15, not to talk about S2K (which should be my next car)

zerospel
13-09-2006, 02:28 AM
Im beginning to see more s2k's around than i see s15.

Maybe you see way too many s15s that you dont even realise you are seeing it when you see one :)

xtercii
13-09-2006, 08:52 AM
Personaly I would always pick S2K over S15, at the moment I drive DC2R and two of my friends have S15s, on stright line they are faster (but they are also more moded than my car) but if we go for hill runs (nice windy roads), I kill them much more than they kill me on stright, so I'm not very impresed by
S15, I wouldn't even go from DC2R to S15, not to talk about S2K (which should be my next car)

It’s not that the s15 has crappy handling, it’s because it’s rwd and turbo so it’s way harder to control, you need good skills to be able to extract the full potential outta that car. And especially on mountain roads, you can’t really afford to lose the control of a rwd unless you really know what you are doing.

locodave
13-09-2006, 10:47 AM

The s15 has mad handeling around corners. Out of a GTR, Supra, RX7 the s15 will out handle all three cars!

WhiteAP1
13-09-2006, 11:07 AM
It’s not that the s15 has crappy handling, it’s because it’s rwd and turbo so it’s way harder to control, you need good skills to be able to extract the full potential outta that car. And especially on mountain roads, you can’t really afford to lose the control of a rwd unless you really know what you are doing

maybe with 300rwkws but i wouldnt exactly say its hard to control, and if uve driven an s15 u'd know its much more forgiving than the s2k.

These threads are always pointless, ppl buy the car on personal preference and needs/wants. If uve got enough cash, u can make any car out perform whatever u want it to.

Asking for other ppls opinions is only going to get u so far,perhaps try a little research, maybe even a test drive. I really dont know what ure expecting from this thread. If u like the car, read up on it, other ppls reasons, really arent a great basis to go by. Opinions are harldy a substitute for experience. Seems a test drive would be a good starting point.

destrukshn
13-09-2006, 11:10 AM
s15 > s2k
that's my opinion.
s15 has more of a range of aftermarket support, and knowledge of modifying.
lol.
don't get me wrong s2k's are fun, but slow compared to a s15
was driving one yesterday, and fock it took long to hit vtec.
lol.

WhiteAP1
13-09-2006, 11:24 AM
As i said earlier, the s15 is easy to drive, u can jump in,floor it and u'll get the most out of the performance it has to offer. The s2k on the other hand, i found,took some time to figure out how to optimise what it had to offer, if u drive the s2k like the s15 u'll get nowhere. On paper the s2k is quicker, stock for stock, ive found it really does have the edge.

The s15 maybe easier to mod,(easier to gain power) but i wouldnt exactly say theres a lack of "knowledge" in regards to the s2k. Theres plenty of R&D products out there and plenty of tuners with the know how. The range for aftermarket parts is really clearly quite vast, i dont know why u'd think otherwise.

s2o0o
13-09-2006, 11:42 AM
I think Chopsticks (someone on OzHonda) had 2 S15's before his S2000. He has sold the S2000 since then I think.

destrukshn
13-09-2006, 11:51 AM
As i said earlier, the s15 is easy to drive, u can jump in,floor it and u'll get the most out of the performance it has to offer. The s2k on the other hand, i found,took some time to figure out how to optimise what it had to offer, if u drive the s2k like the s15 u'll get nowhere. On paper the s2k is quicker, stock for stock, ive found it really does have the edge.

The s15 maybe easier to mod,(easier to gain power) but i wouldnt exactly say theres a lack of "knowledge" in regards to the s2k. Theres plenty of R&D products out there and plenty of tuners with the know how. The range for aftermarket parts is really clearly quite vast, i dont know why u'd think otherwise.
i never said there was lack.
lol.
i meant there isn't as much as for the sr20's.
don't get me wrong, i still love the s2k's absolutly supberb for what it is.
for a cruiser, with a bit of balls, yeah sure i'll get one.
for power and speed, s15.
lol.

WhiteAP1
13-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Bit of balls??? S2k = 176kw, s15 = 147kws. S2k a criuser????, its actually faster.
But Sure thing dude :thumbsup:

Malenic1981
13-09-2006, 01:36 PM
I agree with WhiteAP1, and also I never said that S15 has bad handeling but it's not on the same level as type R.
At the end it all depends on pesonal wants, I pesonaly like my car to handle very good than to go fast on stright or do some sick 1/4 mile time, but you also have people that preffer stright line speed over everything else.

I would say go for test drives in both cars and than see what suits your needs best.

13-09-2006, 01:43 PM
all i have to say is that in the hands of a capable driver any car can be a weapon....maybe type R is regarded as easier to handle due to the fact you can thrash it around a bend without worrying about the rear end coming out.

destrukshn
13-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Bit of balls??? S2k = 176kw, s15 = 147kws. S2k a criuser????, its actually faster.
But Sure thing dude :thumbsup:
to me, those facts are good, BUT how fast does it get to 176kw?
overall, to me, the s15 has the advantage of making more power, spend what about 3k on the s15, and you'll have more than the s2k at the wheels.

try spending 3k on a s2k, and what does it get you? lol, not much in my opinion.

but everyone has thier own opinion

WhiteAP1
13-09-2006, 02:15 PM
It gets there faster than the S15. Ive had both cars in my driveway for three years now. Like i said u cant just jump into the car and expect response in any gear. U need to learn the car b4 u really get moving. If u want a car any moron can drive,turbo is the answer . And yes i agree (as ive clearly stated in previous posts) the s15 will get twice the power gain for half the money, ive seen, done it, experienced it myself.

Fact is, the s2k is faster than an s15 out of the box. The s2k is also a track focused performance car with 10 times the race capabilities and engeneering of the s15. Another fact is that 400hp S15 can still lose to 270 hp s2k on the track or twisties. More Power doesnt automatically equal a faster car. If ure after straight line performance, yes an s15 would be the better option.

destrukshn
13-09-2006, 02:22 PM
in my experience, running a s2k and a s15 against eachother, s15 feels and is faster, in my experience.

i understand what you are saying, the s2k has excellent handling, compared to the s15.

the s15 has more low down power, and but the s2k you really have to rev it out, it has power throughout the whole rev range, rolling start is quite good, i was actually suprised, but off the line, the s15 will get it, and stay infront, this is talking from personal exp./

WhiteAP1
13-09-2006, 02:34 PM
It FEELS faster becasue of the torque figures, doesnt make it faster. On paper the s2k IS faster stock for stock. Yes peak power is at a higher rev range, doesnt make it slower though. Like i said unless u know how to drive the s2k u'll get nowhere. When my brother got his S15, he lost to a mate in his Dc2 R. Doesnt make the type R faster. After learning the car the tables were turned.

So uve seen a few drags, maybe taken em around the block once or twice. Doesnt really equal the experience of not only owning the cars, but knowing the cars. U cant really argue with facts.

destrukshn
13-09-2006, 02:41 PM
not seen, been driving the s2k and 200sx, and i drive both cars close to, every weekend s2k more, for the past year or so.
i know the s2k needs considerable skill to get it going, but, i've taken down a dc2r and a eg with a b18cr, but i just can't seem to shake off the 200, every single time, during rolling start, it'd be head to head for a bit, then the 200 would slowly pull away.

either way, both great cars for what they are.

13-09-2006, 02:47 PM
s2k vs s15 threads are always a good debate rofl....

you should check out the thread i made on silviansw. apperently the guys there say the s15 is lighter than the s2000?

destrukshn
13-09-2006, 02:50 PM
yeah i know
lol.

s15 lighter?
somewhat highly doubt that
lol.

WhiteAP1
13-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Lucky guy to have such nice weekend cars. Do u pick which one u want before the weekend comes, or do u choose on the day.hmmm But the thing is u should get the S15 on a rolling start due to the fact ud be in high cam already,so i dont have to "wait" for peak power. The s2k also has more power and top end. But if u say u drive them close to every weekend.....but who drives the 200 while ure in the s2k??

destrukshn
13-09-2006, 03:00 PM
lol, not my cars
jsut someone very close, and we drive em every weekend, i just drive one of em.
lol.
he drives one, and i drive one.

yeah but rolling start, the s15 is on boost as well.
lol, it's either one i drive, it just depends on which one he wants to drive.
lol.
but obvisouly he likes boost a bit more, so he pick the s15
lol

mj3610
13-09-2006, 03:06 PM
i'd take a s2k over s15 anyday, better engine, NA, better looking, better interior and CONVERTABLE!!!, on the other hand it is a 2 seater and you do pay a fair bit for it but if it came down to which one i'd take the s2k, u get the RWD handling and the NA juice, thats not to say s15 is not a good car :)

destrukshn
13-09-2006, 03:07 PM
i guess it comes down to what the driver wants?
lol

mj3610
13-09-2006, 03:09 PM
i guess it comes down to what the driver wants?
lol
yes it does :)

WhiteAP1
13-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Spec s manual is rated by nissan @ 1265kg. Ive seen most stats for the s2000 @ 1270kg. TARE on my rego is 1258. Go figure

Malenic1981
13-09-2006, 03:27 PM
That's right, but to start with those two cars are different class anyway, after all this talk which one is faster and so on you would have to say that
S2K is class or two above S15, you can see that by the price when new, I think S2K is $72000 new while S15 was $40000 new, price difference tells you a bit about what type of car you are getting, S2K is in class with porshe boxer, 350Z, RX7, RX8, Z4 and so on, S15 is way down. S2K is prestige car as well so you are not buying just a car, it's more than car.

xtercii
13-09-2006, 04:39 PM
S2000 is over priced, otherwise it won't be selling so pathetically...

mj3610
13-09-2006, 04:44 PM
That's right, but to start with those two cars are different class anyway, after all this talk which one is faster and so on you would have to say that
S2K is class or two above S15, you can see that by the price when new, I think S2K is $72000 new while S15 was $40000 new, price difference tells you a bit about what type of car you are getting, S2K is in class with porshe boxer, 350Z, RX7, RX8, Z4 and so on, S15 is way down. S2K is prestige car as well so you are not buying just a car, it's more than car.

u cant really say that, cause in the end who gets to class these cars??? and how would you class them? by their specs? weight? engine type? price???... how can u say s2k is closer to a rx8 when its a rotary or how cna u say its closer to boxter when its 100k.
he just wants to compare the 2 cars and see what he likes. s2k are great cars, its a convertable with juice and its RWD, if you dont have money for a M3 then s2k is the next best thing IMO :)

13-09-2006, 05:07 PM

doesnt seem to hold it value very well now does it? 72k when new...now its only worth 30-35k..... definately not a good car to buy brand new but better bang for buck second hand. Second hand these days its in the same price range as the s15 hence pimply faced p platers can afford to buy one and look fully sik in an s2k:zip:

Da1nONLY
13-09-2006, 05:13 PM
not seen, been driving the s2k and 200sx, and i drive both cars close to, every weekend s2k more, for the past year or so.
i know the s2k needs considerable skill to get it going, but, i've taken down a dc2r and a eg with a b18cr, but i just can't seem to shake off the 200, every single time, during rolling start, it'd be head to head for a bit, then the 200 would slowly pull away.

either way, both great cars for what they are.

only coz the drivers cant drive the dc2r and the b18cr eg ;)

xtercii
13-09-2006, 06:17 PM
I reckon, standard 200sx is nothing special, ek or eg with itr engine WILL BEAT IT.

TECBOY
13-09-2006, 06:43 PM
drive them some more, wateva makes u happy then go for it bro. both are top cars and have advantages over eachother in different areas. personally i would go s15 anyday as im a taller bloke and need more room. plus i love everything the s15 has to offer and its performance for price

Malenic1981
14-09-2006, 12:58 AM
As I said before he needs to test drive both cars and than see what suits his needs best, as for S2K being class above S15 I think it's fer to say that it has much better finish, it has open roof, two seater, perfect balanse, great engine (most powerfull 4cyl NA in the world) and the list goes on, so I think all this makes it class above and puts it at the top. Overprised, if you ask me all the cars are overprised, but as I said with S2K you are getting more than just a car, and you can get them now for low $30k but it's gonna be most likely 99 model, so for 7 year old, most likely stock standard car with around mid kms it isn't realy cheap, while S15 for that money you can get 2000+ model that is modified and has low kms

zerospel
14-09-2006, 05:28 AM
u cant really say that, cause in the end who gets to class these cars??? and how would you class them? by their specs? weight? engine type? price???... how can u say s2k is closer to a rx8 when its a rotary or how cna u say its closer to boxter when its 100k.

Yeah I agree with this but its certain that the s2000 is in higher class cos if S15 costs 72k brand new Im sure you'll see it only in magazines :)

destrukshn
14-09-2006, 08:08 AM
but the s2k is over priced brand new, and you know it.
lol.

_CiVIC_
14-09-2006, 08:16 AM
some people have been telling me a stock s15 would lose to a type S.......

load of nonesense? I have no idea...

destrukshn
14-09-2006, 08:19 AM
who beats who i guess all comes down to driver.
you've seen it, a eg with a type r, can crack under 14, but some people still get a very high 15?
lol, it all comes down to the driver.

_CiVIC_
14-09-2006, 08:30 AM
who beats who i guess all comes down to driver.
you've seen it, a eg with a type r, can crack under 14, but some people still get a very high 15?
lol, it all comes down to the driver.

Yes sensay *bows* LOL
I'm thinking now with my intake I'd make more noise LOL!

destrukshn
14-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Yes sensay *bows* LOL
I'm thinking now with my intake I'd make more noise LOL!
the louder your car is, the faster it is.
lol.
so start drilling holes into your exhaust!!
lol

_CiVIC_
14-09-2006, 08:35 AM
the louder your car is, the faster it is.
lol.
so start drilling holes into your exhaust!!
lol

yay can't wait ahhaaha
btw i have to go to honda.. need to get a warranty thing done... rear tail light is getting moisture in it... not happy chappy!!

destrukshn
14-09-2006, 08:36 AM
lol, which honda dealer you goin to?
lol

_CiVIC_
14-09-2006, 08:38 AM
lol, which honda dealer you goin to?
lol

dunno... can i just rock up to rick damelian??

destrukshn
14-09-2006, 08:43 AM
i'm sure you could.
lol.
warranty should be australia wide.
lol.

preludacris
14-09-2006, 12:06 PM
i'd go s2k any day

some s15's are nice. but most are pretty boring , where as stock s2k is sexy as hell.

i dont care if u can get bigger power. if u want big power for cheap , why not get an old s13 , and build the **** outta the engine. or even a shitbox and chuck a sr20det in there.

seems like the only thing the s15 has going for it, is that it makes alot of power for cheap. but thats not really hard to do. I'm sure you can have a farkkkkn fasst shit box for under 20k.

s2k has class, whereas the s15 doesnt really. the s2k handles like a go kart, where as s15's handling isnt' all that great. They are drift machines. But i dun see them doing that well on the track even with their big power.

i dun care what u say , the s2k is a class above the s15.

preludacris
14-09-2006, 01:33 PM
The s15 has mad handeling around corners. Out of a GTR, Supra, RX7 the s15 will out handle all three cars!

how can you say a s15 will out handle a gtr and rx7 ????????

ur ***n wak man.

WhiteAP1
14-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Because he read an article in a magazine.

mj3610
14-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Because he read an article in a magazine.
LOLLLLL seems like alot of people are doing this these days on this forum. they need to wake up to reality and stop believing the rubbish they read in magazines...

WhiteAP1
14-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Thank you. Thats why im so sick of these X vs Y threads. We get comment after comment from ppl who dont own or havent even driven the damn cars, and IF they have (mostly just say they have) , they base their impression on the 3 minutes it took them to drive it around the block. FFS!!!

14-09-2006, 04:41 PM
its quite obvious that the people on this forum will say s2k as this is a honda forum. Its also pretty obvious that some people here are just talking shit and have not driven both to appreciate the different cars that the s2k and s15 are. Some ppl are too blind to realise that there are much better cars out there than the s2k and which are CHEAPER. Just because its more expensive does not mean its better!

Well i for one have driven both and have owned an s2k in the past and from MY point of view it is a fantastic car as an overall package. The s15 with the surge of power if fun to drive and abit more challenging around the track. Price wise, yes the s15 is cheaper and there is more aftermarket support which is one of the reasons why ppl decide to buy it whereas parts for the s2k are expensive and most ppl can only just afford to buy the car and not mod it.

At this rate this thread will keep going on and on and on...........Cause there are a million reasons why these cars are different. So for the greater good i think it should be locked now?

WhiteAP1
14-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Has anyone gone from a Nissan s15 to a honda S2000?

If so which car do you prefer in the end?
It's pretty common for s15 drivers to switch to S2000 cars, don't know why, and I'm considering changing.

I would love someone to show me where it says "If u drive a civic, or anyother car apart from the above two, and wish to share ure opinion based on very little or no experience whatsoever, post here."

If there was a thread regarding the integra > celica i wouldnt post, due to my limited experience with the two, its that easy.

Im also in favour of a lock down, and perhaps a moderator for this forum.

zerospel
14-09-2006, 05:01 PM
But when it first came out in 99 I dont think it was overpriced when compared to other available roadsters at that time (which i think is better comparison) look at the 99 model slk, z3, mx5, mgf, boxter

But now I do think it is a overpriced for a car that first came out in 99 with only minor facelift while other companies came up with all new models

jdmlvn
14-09-2006, 05:03 PM
some people have been telling me a stock s15 would lose to a type S.......

load of nonesense? I have no idea...!

lol alfy. even a dc5r can beat a stock s15.
my brother done it several times.
s15 and dc5r might have the same power. but dc5 is much lighter.

but in my opinion. i hav a soft spot for *woooo tch tch tch* sounds, lol

zerospel
14-09-2006, 05:06 PM
So for the greater good i think it should be locked now?

But we are having friendly debate like if we are in a pub and not have any hard feelings, we are only talking about cars (metal thingy with wheels) not like we are talking whos girlfriend is better than someone elses?

destrukshn
14-09-2006, 05:11 PM
GTR is king.
lol, this is just gonna go round and round and round.
lol.

Malenic1981
14-09-2006, 06:08 PM
I haven't had a lots of experience with S2K but I did lots of reserch about them because that's gonna be my next car so yeah, and as for S15 two of my very good friends have them so I have good experince with them.
Anyway I think we all went off topic so it should be locked.

WhiteAP1
14-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Alot of my mates have many different cars from Evos, Sti, rx7's, sr20s and the list goes on. Ive been around them alot, driven em a handful of times, even helped work on em. This does not qualify me to comment on them, in regards to behaviour, characteristics and handling due to a lack of experience. The thread clearly asks for owners of S15 - S2000 to post their impressions, not anybody and eveybody who is mates with an owner, or has read something in a magazine. If id like a "pub" debate start a new thread, but dont be surprised if it gets lock down too.

Reason is X vs Y threads are never any good, is because ppl like different cars for different reasons. I think both cars attributes have been covered enough for the thread starter to get an idea of the two. The rest needs to be decided by taste, preference and hands on experience.

Malenic1981
14-09-2006, 10:40 PM
WhiteAP1 sorry for me posting but I did say that he should take both cars for test drive and than see what suits him best, I think that's the best solution.

Anyway sorry and ciao

WhiteAP1
14-09-2006, 11:23 PM
no need to apologise i also think thats the best way to do it.

toE
18-09-2006, 01:12 PM
It all comes down to personal choice when purchasing a car plus how thick your wallet is :D

Best thing to do is to take the cars out for a test drive and a little bit of research. There are too many factors to consider when you compare how fast a car is, etc.

Good luck with the hunting :)