PDA

View Full Version : door troubles...

ilude_94
21-05-2004, 10:38 AM
hi all,

im kinda new to the forum, so just wanted to ask a few questions...

first of all, i have remote central locking with an alarm/immobiliser on my '90 teggie, and whenever someone tries to open the passenger door from the inside, it doesnt open.. it opens if you pull the handle a few times.
would this problem have anything to do with the central locking, or am i way off the park?

also, when your putting your number plate on the front, how do u get to the little screw things at the back? cause i took mine off the other day, but the screws at the back fell off when i was unscrewing the front ones, now i cant find them and cant work out where they are and how to get to that part of the car...

thanks heaps :oops:

wynode
21-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Does it open from the oustside?

It sounds more like a problem with the handle intself and/or the linkage from the handle which activates the lock.

A'PEXi
21-05-2004, 02:53 PM
not sure what your referring to "screw things" might want to take a picture. both our honda's are just screw on with 2 screws.

ECU-MAN
21-05-2004, 10:59 PM
sometimes you can loosen the inner door handle and slide it a little to one side then tighten it. this gives it a little more travel and they start to work again. u will have to figure out which way u slide the handle, it will only move 5 to 10 mm doesnt seem like much but makes a huge difference

Redteg
22-05-2004, 09:42 AM
I have central locking and it takes quite a bit of effort for SILLY people to unlock their door from the inside. I then proceed to tell them off. I always open mine first as it has the master solenoid which automatically opens the other door.

As for the front number plate, I think it bolts into a rear metal bracket; nothing should fall off unless its been rigged otherwise by someone. To get the bumper off there are 2 screws in either wheel arch, 2 bolts behind either front indicator, and i think 2 or 3 bolts underneath the bumper.