PDA

View Full Version : coilover spacers

paylo
12-09-2006, 09:01 PM
http://performance.gearheadracingparts.com/brands.php?makeid=1&modelid=140&year=1992&partid=379

now i'm gonna get some coilovers but the problem was that even on the highest setting, the coilovers still sit 1" low. if i get defected again i want it to be able to get to stock height at least. now i'm just htinking... are these safe to sleave in the car permanantly? I haven't heard much about spacers before.

paylo
12-09-2006, 09:31 PM
so spacers dun usually raise the car? ses they're almost an inch

Eclipsor
12-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Sorry. I thought you were getting coilover sleeves. Don't have much experience with full coilovers. Can't really help you.

bennjamin
12-09-2006, 10:06 PM
so spacers dun usually raise the car? ses they're almost an inch

these are used in betwwen the spring and the upper or lower perch...just something to hold the spring captive and give it extra cushioning against metal i guess. It will not "raise" the car by that amount as it will deform under the cars weight.

BlitZ
12-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Never knew such a product existed..

it should raise your car.. unless they deform as ben suggest..

but from using their engine inserts and shifter inserts.. they are pretty damn hard and i rekcon they will riase car and will be good for everyday too..

should just contact energy..

paylo
13-09-2006, 12:47 AM
isn't there anything that raises the car a bit? teins sit lower than stock which is sorta gay.... i've been told that spacers do u usally raise the car a bit

BRU51N
19-09-2006, 12:47 AM
isn't there anything that raises the car a bit? teins sit lower than stock which is sorta gay.... i've been told that spacers do u usally raise the car a bit

ive seen on drift cars they use what looks like the wheel spacers on their strut tops. it might be possible to use them on the bottom if theres enough room (and has a flat surface)

CTR Coupe
19-09-2006, 11:20 PM
[url]if i get defected again i want it to be able to get to stock height at least
its a non-issue after you defected have to remove the coilovers. it wont pass inspection with them installed no matter what hight