PDA

View Full Version : How good are Fightex Coilovers?

?uestlove
13-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Looking for peoples comments who have used TODA FIGHTEX Coil Overs.

I have been looking / researching for about 2 years to get some coil overs for my AW11.

At this point they are the only (quality brand ?) that i am able to source for the car with an Australian distributor and who can provide some degree of service.

The thing is even for the base FS (Fine Sport) type they are costing just under 4 grand, its the only model they have available for the AW11 anyway http://www.toymods.net/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif

Which is expensive compared to G4 D2 bla bla at $ 1400 (feed back i get is that they are RUBBISH) but cheap compared to likes of Proflex at about 8 grand.

The car is only driven on the road a couple of times a week and on the weekend for club runs, Supersprints and hope to do some hill climbs soon as well. The current suspension is great on the road (adjustable konis, eibachs, adjustable whiteline bars) but with semi slicks it really is TOO SOFT / high.

Also looking for roll centre adjusters.

Any thoughts/ comments / experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

Astro
13-09-2006, 12:17 PM
maybe ask Toda AU as he sells them new, he may know some things about them.

barefootbonzai
13-09-2006, 12:29 PM
I've got a set of FS in my EK. I've got no complaints about them, but not sure sort of information you're particular after. You sound like you would put them to test a lot more than i would.

kayot1k
14-09-2006, 09:44 PM
pass them over barefoot, ill test them for ya. your too soft.

Dylanamus
15-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Have a look at DMS, STA and JRZ custom solutions.